Sign in to follow this  
Hanel

Finish What You Promised

Isn't it about time to finish the final WU update? You have your new WO working ok so it's time to deliver what was promised don't ya think? Nine months is more than enough time to have it done. 

There is one final update that has been in beta for almost a year now

A modding api was 1 of the things mentioned quite often when asked for it but all that has been done so far was adding the modloader made by ago to be part of the game itself by default and the addition of resource packs with nothing else done so far to it even though things where promised

Its a joke but with the poor monetization and non existent business model for WU you really couldnt expect it to be paid for by the people who pay for Wurm Online forever. 

Because lets face it, its a cheap (1 dollar even) one time buy and you get the mostly full albeit slighty outdated game now forever. 

It just really isnt fair on the people paying money each month for WO but have no interest in WU yet at the same time the devs are expected to also work on WU from the money of WO players. 

Then there are even WU server owners who make money off of donations and other pay to win stuff that the company gets nothing of.

Now this is partly thanks to the short sightedness of the developers, the game being dirt cheap in bundles and their inability to come up with a way for WU to make money  and instead just abandoning it.

If i was them id even remove it from the steam store at this point and just let those who already own it keep it. Its just splitting the community up more and gets confusing for new players by having two Wurms on Steam.

Nothing lasts forever folks and you cant say that youve invested so much money into it.

All of this comes from someone who has over 2k+ hours in WU and played since its launch

Edited by nitram20
  • Like 1

@Wurm-Dev-Team

why dont you make a paid update for WU? maybe 15 euro each update? and if you do that each time WO get updated then you dont need to think that wu is money-less..... like lord of the rings online and world of warcraft! there is none who doesnt pay the updates there! so, why shouldnt you do that too?

and yet all of you can hit me because of my comment!  🤣

Edited by Zaidonia
i forgot a comment
  • Like 1

On 9/15/2020 at 7:46 PM, nitram20 said:

All of this comes from someone who has over 2k+ hours in WU and played since its launch

So all that from a fanboi and we are supposed to take it seriously? 🤣

Just kidding. Yeah I don't really expect anything. It's like you said. But it would be nice if they kept their end of the bargain.

Edited by Hanel