Sign in to follow this  
sweatygopher

Sounds (ambience)

Buffalo, sheep, cows all don't make noise.  I have 50 cows and not one moo!

Also, it would be awesome for when forest hunting to have sounds - nearby hell hound?  You hear a bark or growl when it targets you!

Same with mountain lion and tiny kitty!

• Like 3
  • Cat 1

Yes, I feel sorry for those mute calves.  They seem to be mooing their little lungs out but nobody can hear them.

"Quack!" ;) Oh wait, do I qualify as a Wurm creature? lol

Edited by Katrat
  • Like 1

TBH that can get old rather quick, unless it's not that often and produced by a condition check like "if there's more than one cow within 20 tiles play moo.ogg, sleep 5m" instead of individual cow moo-ing every now and then.

Cows don't moo that often IRL, they mostly snort and sniff loudly, at least in my experience. 

Now speaking of more sounds - the change that I am willing to pay 50s for is adding all the sounds for currently silent actions. On top of my head I can remember shearing, washing, stitching, entirety of pottery imps.

Add some nice snippy-snappy sounds for shearing sheep/tailoring.

Cute splashy sounds for washing things.

Gross sticky-wet sounds for pottery.

Calming rustling sounds of grass for thatching and picking grass/flowers...

Sorry, sorry, I am being carried away. I love sounds.

Can also get really creative with channeling. 

Some light, dingling sounds with the light wind blowing background for Fo spells.

Slightly humming, lightly-resonating, with some calm ocean splashing background for Vynora spells.

Echoing, crumbling, with a comfy sound of a campfire on the background for Magranon.

Eeirie, uncomfortable, deeply-resonating ambient with some tormented whispers on the background for Libilla.

Actually, the background can be modified according to the favor cost. What sounds like whispers and campfire may sound like agony screams and blazing wildfire for high-cost spells...

Bah, here we go again. I'll shut up.

Edited by Vessel
  • Like 2

Yes, contented cows and happy horses are generally not noisy.  This would mean noises from these animals would be minimal - they would kick up a bit of a racket when you arrive but would soon settle.

I do appreciate ("like" would be too strong a word) the sound from a horse when branded.

It would really add a lot to a living, moo-ving world! 

It is something we would like to see, and had played with it in the past, more work on it may no doubt happen in the future if we have the ability to do so. 

I would love this ❤️ The only thing I would worry about is large stables/farms with so many constant noises. I personally have about 50 horses/hellhorses/unicorns/cows/bison in one area and I would need to move it far away from my house lol