Sign in to follow this  
Azusa

Impossible finding Horses

Seems like it is really impossible to find free wildhorses on Harmony. Other players have some on their deeds for own using, but as a new player it is not possible to find any wild horses on the server. Would be great to higher the spawnrate or smth...

• Like 1

well they can only have a set amount of animals on a server and a certain ratio between each mob type, named horses don't count for the ratio but do count for the total animal pool. 

anyway since all wild horses are penned others won't spawn until those die, basically just have to wait it out till players have got a clean second generation then they get rid of they'r stock.

some players just go to the extreme and deed over a whole square kilometer and get 100 pairs of horses or whatever and go for 5 speed horses asap just to tap into the outrageous prices that ppl ask for horses in the first few months.

21 minutes ago, kordethbludscythe said:

that makes me so mad, i cant find even 1 wild bison 

From my experience on Harmony, wild bison are harder to find than wild horses.

Melody is having same problem it took last then a few hours for me to travel the entire island. But no horses no bison and hardly any critters. Just we will just have to wait it out for a few more weeks until things self clean themself 

My neighbor spotted and roped a young female unowned bison quite far from his deed only to get himself killed and respawning back at his deed.  So sad for him, but that was the first unowned bison that I have heard of spotted on Harmony since the second week.  Maybe there is some hope.  Also, I am seeing deeds that have not been tended to for weeks with horses, bison and cattle locked up and in some cases a good horse lays dead...  My hope is that as things continue to thin out perhaps we all can find some free horses and such.  Also hate seeing bulls hitched to wagons in the same spot for weeks on end just waiting to die.

• Like 1

I would agree alot of that also around overture. Since we are playing on steam now there should be a mechanism in the game if wild animals are hitched if not attended to after some time they should have a auto release so other players can claim them but branded or named aminal  should not be included 

Edited by Russwoods
  • Like 1

I totally agree that there are no wild  horses, or bison to be found, I search almost every day.  I thought that the spawn thing was going to change.  

Don't be mad that someone else gathered animals to breed.  That is what the game is about.  They didn't gather them up to grief anyone.  They went hunting for them and brought them home. Verdant is a huge village with multiple deeds and they have a lot of people to outfit with bison/horses.

I gathered up probably 6 or more horses that I dropped into my own alliance stables.  If I could have found more, I'd have grabbed them too.  Problem is the server spawning is terrible.  So if you have to be mad, be mad at the server and not the people just playing the game as it was intended.

It's not entirely impossible. I did find a wild mare about 2 weeks ago who was hanging around in an unpopulated woodland area. 

Back in August, when my character was new and could not tame, was the last time I saw a whild horse. Now that I can, there are none. I thought the last last patch was going to help but creatures are still scarce.

Is there a market? Are they sold, and if so, how? Can you use a spirit container to buy them COD?

3 hours ago, Crazyloop said:

Back in August, when my character was new and could not tame, was the last time I saw a whild horse. Now that I can, there are none. I thought the last last patch was going to help but creatures are still scarce.

Is there a market? Are they sold, and if so, how? Can you use a spirit container to buy them COD?

The creature fix was spawn spread, with animals and wild horses in general there is a limit on server. First the existing wilds need to die off for new ones to spawn, and only if the creature ratio has room for animals to hostiles in the first place.
No you can't buy them via COD, horses don't fit in the mail. :P
However you can buy horses from other players just as with anything else.
Horses, as far as I've ever seen, have never been something that's been plentiful anywhere. Though this new spawning adjustment may change that to the point we may see them more often than not (and not because more are spawning exactly.)

• Like 1

On Melody i did see some wild horses running around and swimming in the waters to (Overture Area). On Harmony I did also see some wild horses (South of Harmony). So the spawn might be better already?

• Like 1

They seriously need to up the spawn rate not just horses!!!!!! As a new player to the Northern servers I will never get fight skill or food if we don't have animals or creatures to kill. 

• Like 2

If you go to Melody you can get all the fight skill.  It is just Harmony thats borked.

36 minutes ago, Ascorbic said:

If you go to Melody you can get all the fight skill.  It is just Harmony thats borked.

.. same for Cadence.  All the aggros you could want (although "lumpy" in distribution).

On 10/15/2020 at 4:44 AM, Ascorbic said:

yup except for the whole north west corner of the map, here you can't find a soul for miles...

I climbed a  mountain on Harmony and found a wild horse a couple weeks ago.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 11:04 AM, Crazyloop said:

I am not sure.. but just in case, you should know that you do not have to tame a horse to lead it, you can own it long before you can tame it, just take a rope and click .. lead.. its yours!    But you likely know this by now

I spent an hour or two sailing on harmony and ended up killing maybe 3-4 mobs.  I did find a wild horse in the middle of the water though. So I lead that to shore and threw it in a creature cage.

There is definitely something wrong, when I can go to Cadence* and their shores are littered with mobs (still haven't found any hell horses :( )

EDIT: Said Melody, meant Cadence.  I have not yet traveled to Melody

Edited by Gremzir