Drogos

WurmNode

Weekend update: Lots of the bugs with the graphs has been identified and are being worked on. Epic and Jackal skills are not identified in the logs (or the dumps). I made a brand new parser for the _Event files that can extract server information.Cross linking these and it is possible to filter out Freedom skills only. Thanks so much to those that have shared gigabytes of logs and their time to help identifying and debugging!

23 hours ago, SweetSerenade said:

Was wondering what you thought about adjusting the multiplier for parent skills such as tailoring and armor smithing as CoC and sweet spot imping doesn't seem to affect them (not totally sure about sweet spot only CoC), this should make them on a harder tier than something like weapon smithing which while is difficult can be affected by both those things, these things also have no specific items to level them and must be very purposefully and deliberately trained alongside their subskills as opposed to weaponsmithing which has many items which you can specifically be grinded with it.

In theory it makes sense to increase the multipliers for those skills - they are harder to skill. However, the whole system operates under the assumption of no skill gain multipliers (including CoC and sweet spot imping). They're entirely ignored in order to make the system sane. Those skills are more valuable per STP for exactly the reasons you describe, but adding a multiplier would be an arbitrary addition to a skill that does, in fact, go through the same skilling system of every other skill.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sindusk said:

In theory it makes sense to increase the multipliers for those skills - they are harder to skill. However, the whole system operates under the assumption of no skill gain multipliers (including CoC and sweet spot imping). They're entirely ignored in order to make the system sane. Those skills are more valuable per STP for exactly the reasons you describe, but adding a multiplier would be an arbitrary addition to a skill that does, in fact, go through the same skilling system of every other skill.

Oh okay that makes sense, thank you for explaining it a little more. :)

• Like 1

Bug report, see image attached

Useful information:

Dragged the skills and dump files manually not the whole directory.

Name in player folder = harryvederci

Uploaded to name harryvederci

Didn't work in either Firefox nor edge without extensions

Hope this helps a bit :)

Thanks for all the work you're doing!

Qv8vpfU.png

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, harryvederci said:

… Dragged the skills and dump files manually not the whole directory. …

For security reasons, the browser does not have access to parent directories of what is dragged in. This means that you can not drag in file by file, cause it would block the scanning procedure. So yes, the whole directory is the approach needed to be able to attach the logs to the character. Then again, that is only one simple drag to get all in one swoop instead of having to drag each one individually, so should be simpler for user also I would tink? :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Drogos said:

For security reasons, the browser does not have access to parent directories of what is dragged in. This means that you can not drag in file by file, cause it would block the scanning procedure. So yes, the whole directory is the approach needed to be able to attach the logs to the character. Then again, that is only one simple drag to get all in one swoop instead of having to drag each one individually, so should be simpler for user also I would tink? :)

Well, i've tried from \Wurm Online\players\harryvederci\logs or \Wurm Online\players\harryvederci\dumps going down folder by folder in depth neither did anything from any level. then i tried to do it manually so dumping the .txt files one by one which did something but resulted in the internal server error.

Edited by harryvederci
  • Like 1

At the moment, the upload only does skills and dump file, so in theory dragging in \Wurm Online\players\ is sufficiant. Future builds will be able to utilize more files, so \Wurm Online\  would be needed to access those (I have never tried Wurm Assistant, but I guess it is the same folder one shares there). So no need to dig so deep in the folder structure :)

• Like 1

I now spot the actual problem! And, it is my bad. Initially I had it all made so it required names to start with capital letter (This is what I am used to). But this process has teached me that Wurm does not require capitals in names. This has been fixed most places, but seems like not here. I will publish a fix for this very shortly! Sorry for the misunderstandings :)

• Like 1

Upload now support both leading uppercase, and all lowercase character names :)

• Cat 1

Hello Drogos, i see that Religion skill is still a header, but not a skill? 👀

Edited by Rocklobster
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rocklobster said:

Hello Drogos, i see that Religion skill is still a header, but not a skill? 👀

Right! I forgot :o Looking at it now! Will try to get a fix out today, thanks!!

There! Religion added :) Also, a fix for Timezones greater than CET can now upload skill dumps. Thanks again for all who helps testing! :D

Edit: The values was never stored on upload before. So, Religion will not show until new dump file is uploaded.

Edited by Drogos

Thank you, uploaded a fresh skill dump and gained a extra 2 million stp from religion \o/

• Like 1

@Drogosdo you want me to send you my csv file from Niarja and see if you can modify the upload script so we can just upload those for all us old timers?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Felthanne said:

@Drogosdo you want me to send you my csv file from Niarja and see if you can modify the upload script so we can just upload those for all us old timers?

Thanks, yes, that will probably help to get things in order :) Not sure exactly how things will be yet. Sounds like the whole database might become public, so I will wait and see a bit. Also, new upload system for skills and event files is very close to ready now!

A big thanks to @Madnathand @Fraskesafor introducing new Statistics and Achievements system! This will automatically be enabled for any character that uploads skills and event files!

The new upload system is in place. Unfortunately this update was a huge rewrite of the whole graph system, which resultet in all skill files uploaded to the last beta has been purged. The new system can utilize event files to check server, and only list skill ticks on freedom.

Have a Wurmtastic day! :D

• Like 5

@Drogos

I have skill dump files that do not have my character name at the top. it seems this was changed in the dump files around 6/14 or 6/15 2020. I tried to upload some old (2014) dumps and the site would not take them. Would only take the ones with my Players name at the top of the file.

I am unable to get the drag and drop or even the browse button to work using FF, Edge, Chrome. it just does nothing.

For the DnD, I used the wurm folder (20+ character in it) then did a few character folders individually and nothing worked. I was only able to get the skill upload to work using single files at a time. Just wanted to give you some info from and old player that has logs from at least 2014 still. Would love to see a graph of the changes over the few years I have played :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SmackedDown said:

@Drogos

I have skill dump files that do not have my character name at the top. it seems this was changed in the dump files around 6/14 or 6/15 2020. I tried to upload some old (2014) dumps and the site would not take them. Would only take the ones with my Players name at the top of the file.

I am unable to get the drag and drop or even the browse button to work using FF, Edge, Chrome. it just does nothing.

For the DnD, I used the wurm folder (20+ character in it) then did a few character folders individually and nothing worked. I was only able to get the skill upload to work using single files at a time. Just wanted to give you some info from and old player that has logs from at least 2014 still. Would love to see a graph of the changes over the few years I have played :)

hmm, that sounds a bit strange. Some info that might be an indication of what could be wrong:

* It will only accept logs from characters that you have "claimed" as yours on "my page" first.

* It will only accept _Skills, _Event and stats.txt files (and the latest dump file), any older dump files will be ignored.

* I have not tested this in Firefox, but yes, I really should, that is my bad.

Does any of this help, or the problem still there?

@DrogosOk so I removed all over player folders from my wurm directory except SmackedDown. removed all those old dumps and just left this months. the folder still does not upload and the browse feature does not work. FF, Chrome, Chrome with ext disabled.

* It will only accept _Skills, _Event and stats.txt files (and the latest dump file), any older dump files will be ignored. - on this if I want the graphs you are talking about I have to upload the oldest file first then add the others 1 by one? or did i read that wrong.

Edited by SmackedDown
more info
  • Like 1

hmm, yeah, the browse folder button does not work, forgot about that one, I have only used DnD, and by doing so it have been forgotten about 😕 When it comes to upload, what I do notice now, is that your name is written with mixed capitals, that might be a problem with the current code, at least if it is written the same way on the file system. Of course that should not be required to chance by the user, and the website should support this. I will make a fix for that one. Not sure if that is the one and only problem or not tho.

Yea my son pointed that out to me thinking it might be an issue.

Here is the top of my dump to see if it helps with the issue.

Skills dumped at Sep 30, 2022
Player: SmackedDown
Premium: Yes

Let me know if I can supply or provide anything else. the site is looking great :)

• Like 1

This is on top of dump files. The _Skills and _Event files does not have this. To test if you can upload _Skills and _Event files to generate graphs, it should be enough to rename the character folder before upload. Regardless, I will make a fix for this soon, so this is not needed after fix is in place.

Edit: Fix for character casing now in place! Hopefully this solves the issue :)

Edited by Drogos
  • Like 1

I see there is still some issues with epic / jackal skill on live server. For some reason this is not a problem on dev server, so will have to do some live debugging. That said, the debugging this time around will not require re-uploading after, made that mistake once, and fixed it! We get some guests very soon, so will have limited time in the near future.

FYI whatever fix you just did, made it possible for me to use the DnD on Firefox with no issues now.

Great work :)

• Like 1

Today I got the first feedback that dump files did not upload. After some investigation I noticed the date format was written in non English language. Looks like it uses the OS default language. Is this a recent change? If not I guess niarja could handle that all good. I do not know how to handle this, so I reach out to the community if anyone can help out here? :)