Drogos

WurmNode

9 hours ago, Yaga said:

If you just like to track your own skills, you may also want to take a look at this (old, but still working) tool:

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/69117-wurmskills-tool-showing-your-skills-over-time/

It is local, pretty simple, and cannot do any of the sophisticated things Niarja did - except plot your own skills over time. :)

Thanks for sharing! This is a great option for those that do not want graphs to be public and people not having old log files anymore. Sometimes simple is way better than so complex that it is not even comprehensible how it works ;) (or in WurmNode's case, complex, but only half implemented, and therefore also unusable by many people)

9 hours ago, Finnn said:

you can separate skillgain files(_Skills.*.txt) in different folder and upload only them, you'll get skill graphs generated

Yeah, I did plan to add an option for this, to choose what files it cares about. Not gotten there yet 😕 The manual fix for this as sugested here should work just fine :) A little info of what it uses the _Event files for: As noted already, they are used for some fun statistics (or annoying depending on how one sees it). They are also used to detect when skilling on PvP servers, so the graphs only care about PvE. (an option to sow PvP skills would be cool tho)

• Like 2

I'm ok with sharing what lines you care about or w/e solution to print out and extract client-side juices from event log, but uploading everything gives too much information, who was where, did that, talked or friended who, when, etc.. it's more than needed and nothing prevents any kind of misuse of information, even timestamps can be used to lol at somebody's schedules for actions, etc.

If there's some solution to surgically extract only need information for archaeology and such like success/failed actions... +1; until such solution is out.. hard pass on uploading all logs (even if my logs are basically never leave the deed, spammed by baking hfc grinds and being close and far from bees.. mostly)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Finnn said:

I'm ok with sharing what lines you care about or w/e solution to print out and extract client-side juices from event log, but uploading everything gives too much information, who was where, did that, talked or friended who, when, etc.. it's more than needed and nothing prevents any kind of misuse of information, even timestamps can be used to lol at somebody's schedules for actions, etc.

If there's some solution to surgically extract only need information for archaeology and such like success/failed actions... +1; until such solution is out.. hard pass on uploading all logs (even if my logs are basically never leave the deed, spammed by baking hfc grinds and being close and far from bees.. mostly)

Believe it or not, I do supprt your privacy thoughts! This is one reason that WurmNode does not use any 3rd party tracking services like google analytics, etc, and also why the Javascript is written in plain vanilla and not minimized to give an as easy as I can way for people to check over in detail everything that happens in the browser on the local machine. I wish I had time to improve on things, but it is way too much. Can not even manage to get very needed functionality implemented 😕

As mentioned in this post 

The twitter API will be goon fairly soon. This means that a lot of the features in WurmNode will stop working until the Wurm dev team has made a different option available for this. I post this now, cause time is flying, and by now, even if an alternative is put in place before the deadline, I am afraid there is no longer time for me to utilize it, which means in a few days fallen deeds will no longer be removed from maps, rifts / slaying / etc no longer updated. Rites information will no longer be updated, etc. Basically the essence of the website will be gone. Since there is still no alternative available for the niarja in place, I will keep the site abailable for that until a better replacement is in available for this funtionality or a replacement for Twitter is available.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 7:25 PM, Sicor said:

How do i add my deed to the Harmony map, i have registred the character in wurmnode, but every time i try to add my deed it says i need to login and verifie my char but how do i do that ? :)

Hi Sicor,

Check out the Hamony section of the North Freedom Isles forum and there's a Harmony Community map thread that you can submit your info in (deed name, grid location, etc) so it can be added to the community map for Harmony there.

You might find more Harmony players pulling up the map there than would access it in Wurmnode.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tristanc said:

Hi Sicor,

Check out the Hamony section of the North Freedom Isles forum and there's a Harmony Community map thread that you can submit your info in (deed name, grid location, etc) so it can be added to the community map for Harmony there.

You might find more Harmony players pulling up the map there than would access it in Wurmnode.

Just to make it a bit easier, here is a direct link to that forum post :) 

• Like 1

This thread has some notes for accessing the server feeds directly now, working on getting the wiki updated to mention this.

Edit: All the server feed links are now updated in that wiki link in the included post.

• Like 2

Thanks Drogos for this great resource.

Any idea when player skills data can be uploaded anonymously? NO pressure! :) 

Thanks again!

Edited by Muse
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Muse said:

Thanks Drogos for this great resource.

Any idea when player skills data can be uploaded anonymously? NO pressure! :) 

Thanks again!

Have you checked out this program for tracking privately?

On 2/4/2023 at 10:32 AM, Yaga said:

If you just like to track your own skills, you may also want to take a look at this (old, but still working) tool:

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/69117-wurmskills-tool-showing-your-skills-over-time/

It is local, pretty simple, and cannot do any of the sophisticated things Niarja did - except plot your own skills over time. :)

I am not sure when WurmNode will support this. Twitter giving just a few days notice that require a huge rewrite (maybe they hope people will pay up and make some quick $, I will not support that kind of behaviour), uloading dump files instead of complete logs, etc, etc, so much that should be done, and so little time to do it all, makes it impossible for me to predict.

That said, I also want to say that feedback like this, which indicates people like the project is motivating, thank you!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, joedobo said:

Is this farming skill advisor useful? https://codepen.io/Anon210/pen/KKBYWgr I wanted to make something simpler than grinder.  
Hopefully I got most of the bugs smashed. I can change that and expand it to work for more than farming.

Oh, this is cool! I once made this one https://www.wurmnode.com/tool/farming but as stated on that page, I am not sure if it is correct. Are you thinking to replace this one with a better one, or that I should add a link collection to different pens? If you want to have a conversation about it, feel free to pm me on Discord. Or take a look at the next post here

Heya! So, in the spirit of positivness, we have made a new server called WurmPositive. This for now includes a category for WurmNode, but if you have other projects we will happily make a category for your project as well. Rules are pretty simple, and reflected by the server name. If you do not want yet another server in your list, you are of course also welcome to pm me directly with stuff :)

At the time of posting this rules are:

* No hate, down talk, negative, snarky, etc.
* Preferably use your Wurm name, but not required.
* We do not talk with memes here.

These might be updated, so make sure to check the rules channel if you decide to join.

Here is an invite if you want to talk about wurm 3rd party tech stuff: https://discord.gg/tvYJ9pP832

• Like 3

The site seems to struggle horribly on toons that have lots of deed founds/disbands. I can't even look at the oblivionnreaver toon because it 504's before it's finished lol, whereas toons that are obviously fake names load instantly every time

No way to delete uploaded skill dumps, deleting the character just removes it from your list, you have to edit and upload a fresh spawned toon or something to clear it

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

The site seems to struggle horribly on toons that have lots of deed founds/disbands. I can't even look at the oblivionnreaver toon because it 504's before it's finished lol, whereas toons that are obviously fake names load instantly every time

Oh, wow, I knew some were slow to load because code was not really optimally written, but I had no clue it was this bad! :o I will take a look on what can be done, thanks for notifying me!

13 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

No way to delete uploaded skill dumps, deleting the character just removes it from your list, you have to edit and upload a fresh spawned toon or something to clear it

True, the skill dumps system was never finished. Logs can be deleted by deleting the profile, but dumps sits around until I run a script to manually purge unused ones. This should be high up on priority list of things to do, thanks for the reminder about this!

I was just looking at my character page and noticed there is some redundancy under the "deeds" and "mission structures" sections. I thought maybe it was a loading issue, reloaded, same result. Checked the page of a friend I know also has a deed and had completed structures and encountered the same thing there. According to this record, I have deeded 10 times, rather than 5, and did the same mission structure 2x rather than once.

edit: I also notice that this does not record my one guard tower.

Rtm5jeL.jpg

Edited by Griffy
edit to add note about tower
  • Like 1

No wonder it is slow if it does things two times! :o Guessing a slight problem with the latest fix, I'll take a look soon™. For towers, there is no api's to fetch these, so only way to get them listed is of some explorer adds them to the map.

• Like 1

do you have any plans on adding WU servers to the wurmnode list? (i'm on sklotopolis)

• Like 1

On 2/21/2023 at 1:49 PM, Drogos said:

Double listings should now be fixed :)

All good now. Thanks so much!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Taka said:

do you have any plans on adding WU servers to the wurmnode list? (i'm on sklotopolis)

Sorry, there is no plans to add WU until development of WU is picking up again.

• Like 1

How do you go about being verified by another player? Id like to unlock all the cool little features (Leeloodallas)

• Like 1

I have noticed that the STP graph seems to have stopped updating after March 4. I tested this with myself and 2 other players on there who update often.

• Like 3

On 3/22/2023 at 1:35 AM, Zao said:

How do you go about being verified by another player? Id like to unlock all the cool little features (Leeloodallas)

The functionality was never finished. atm, the only way is to contact me directly on discord.