Drogos

WurmNode

Suggestion, not sure if it's possible, can we have a page that shows all the active missions per server on one page? pretty please?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hailiah said:

Suggestion, not sure if it's possible, can we have a page that shows all the active missions per server on one page? pretty please?

It's a great idea, and we'd have to wait on Drogos giving a proper reply but I don't think there's any way to hook up game mission data to anything. Nothing to pull from, means it'd likely have to be done manually and that's not a great idea because at best they might be a fair amount of time out of date by the time it's viewed, and at worst just totally neglected.

A suggestion for some way for 3rd party sites to get current mission data would be incredible though, I'd love a suggestion for that

Edited by Madnath
  • Like 1

if that is possible.. will require technically... reverse engineering and pulling data from the server/client.. until devs decide to release an api or url to pull such data w/o going through stuff you shouldn't..

I think only mission construction missions release twitter messages, that could be implemented like what niarja had for player info.. with deed history and mission constructions and unique kills from tweets.. but that's about it.

he or community will have to ask devs for such public info

• Like 1

it could possibly be done if community backed... image to text software exists, such as on the container tool on the tools page.   Players would have to manually update and collaborate on submitting the images to keep it parsing and updated.  It'd also require manually checking a box for what server you're on.

It's the only current way I can think it be accomplished.

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 1

Heya, import complete, and rites box on server pages fixed. Still some issues, seems like some data is double (should not be since it relies on twitter id's). Still have to dig a bit here.

When it comes to in game mission stuff, there is nothing to pull from like people said. And hacking the game client to pull from that one in any way would break the tos. This is not the first time the question has arised, so you are not the only one wanting this. If anyone wants to go the OCR way about this, and make a little site for it, let me know, and I can share the OCR code with them (it is basically just using tesseract) :)

• Like 1

Drogos i would like to ask for a feature that allows us to looks at only our own charactors skills,kind of like the page that shows ranks of skills by charactor but only populates our own alts instead of everyone that uses the site. I would love to see how my alts stack against each other so that i can see where i want to work on for the ones that perform similar tasks

Also please give us a way to add guard towers to the individual toons that have created them so that we make use of that part that lists towers. I do not believe that these leave a twitter message so it would be nice to be able to add them.

otherwise i think what you have been doing looks good and am excited to see how this site develops going forward

Kordeth Bludscythe, Master Architect of the Shackport Alliance, Shackport E-13 Melody Server

Traipse, Lodge Owner of Fir Retreat, O-17 Independence Server

• Like 1

Thanks! Glad to hear more people is interested in features I hope to get implemented! Until then, happy wurming! :D

Edited by Drogos

I found my oopsie with duplicate twitter records. I think the bug is fixed in the code, but there is still errors in the collected data. Will have to look more into this.

22 hours ago, Nomadikhan said:

it could possibly be done if community backed... image to text software exists, such as on the container tool on the tools page.   Players would have to manually update and collaborate on submitting the images to keep it parsing and updated.  It'd also require manually checking a box for what server you're on.

It's the only current way I can think it be accomplished.

Tools like that are against game rules, tools can only read the output log files. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Archaed said:

Tools like that are against game rules, tools can only read the output log files. 

taking a screenshot and then uploading that screenshot to a website is not against any TOS... That exact software is already incorporated onto Wurm Node's tools page, the list container tool.

"image to text software exists, such as on the container tool on the tools page" - https://www.wurmnode.com/tool/containerreader

Nothing I proposed is against ToS

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 2

@DrogosI uploaded new File just adding to what was already there, now my Main "SmackedDown" gets an internal Server error when viewing the skills. the other characters seem fine. they only had a few updates.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SmackedDown said:

@DrogosI uploaded new File just adding to what was already there, now my Main "SmackedDown" gets an internal Server error when viewing the skills. the other characters seem fine. they only had a few updates.

Heya! Looks like the dump file did not contain any skills. I should probably make a feedback for empty dump files. I fixed so the page does not crash at least, but yeah, you would need to make a new dump and upload that one to get skils back.

Weird I have skill dumps set on the client so it should be skill dumps every time. I log out.

qUv7E4f.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SmackedDown said:

Weird I have skill dumps set on the client so it should be skill dumps every time. I log out.

yeah, the problem is that some times the client does not successfully create these dumps, and they only contain partial data. So far WurmNode just takes what ever it is given, so if there was an error on client exit, WurmNode would not detect it. This is obviously something I need to also fix for the upcoming dump files import system. As of now tho, it is still a problem that one can only fix by creating a new dump file (restarting and closing the client should do).

Thanks for the advice on the skill dump . doing one manually worked just fine.

I am sure you are aware of this and possibly working on   it. there are double posting in the deed and Mission item sections also.

X4kXeDq.png

• Like 1

On 10/25/2022 at 8:20 PM, SmackedDown said:

qUv7E4f.png

MORE!?

d5d02d2b154b602731adf9e5f9f978fb.png

• Like 1

I moved the older ones out of my Folder as they did not have the newer Header information and was causing upload errors :)

• Like 1

One minor thing, Drogos: When uploading skill dumps, the page always asks whether SFI or NFI cluster. That makes no sense as the cluster is fix, and was entered at character creation. And I don't know what happens when one enters it wrong.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your work.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

One minor thing, Drogos: When uploading skill dumps, the page always asks whether SFI or NFI cluster. That makes no sense as the cluster is fix, and was entered at character creation. And I don't know what happens when one enters it wrong.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your work.

Say what? It only asks for cluster when adding a character. Once the character(s) are added, you do not have to enter this info again.

On 23/09/2022 at 00:26, SweetSerenade said:

Oh something else I was thinking which may be something worth considering is which path you would like the site to go down.

Either a historical record of all old players like Niarja was, keeping all old accounts, or deleting after like 6 months of no upload to the character page which would turn Wurmnode more into a registry of active players instead of like 5 year dead accounts and whatever else.

I can see merit in both but just something that might be worth considering for the longterm, probably depends on activity numbers etc too.

On 23/09/2022 at 00:35, Drogos said:

This, I have put some thought into as well. I do not want to make that desicion for everyone. So, current plan is to have a default view where one sees "active characters" (updated within last some time period), and then have the option to show all. Along this, also enable some sort of optional email to be sent before profile goes dorment. Much optional stuff, but I think that it is better to provide options, than to decide for people. I mean, we play wurm after all, right! :D (I promise, the options will be less advanced to maneuver than the current deed permissions system ;))

In my opinion, deleting an account because someone does not upload is not a good solution, and if someone regularly visits the site, logs in but does not upload their progress?

a better solution would be not to delete such accounts, but to deactivate it.

Another situation, if someone is not logging in to the website, in this case (as mentioned earlier) it is better to inform by email the account owner that it will be deleted or deactivated.

Edited by Pika
mising quotes
  • Like 1

* Double messages resolved! This was way harder than it should have been.

* Character pages show now also loads much faster after viewed at least once.

Techy part for those interested:

WurmNode has been an introduction for me to MongoDB. I have stored all twitter messages there, but seems like when passing a big integer (like the twitter id) to mongo, it defaulted to use datatype of double insted of longint. But the double representation of longint is not the same! So, all twitter messages had to be converted to longints, which lead to all id's being wrong. Luckally the id's from niarja was correct so I made a parser that cross checks these, and update mongo with the correct id. The crosscheck is based on time + server + message. But, sometimes there is the same message sent twice! And they need each their unique id. In the end, I managed to get all the cases covered and even double messages now have proper twitter id's attached to them.

For the character page speed, I did not manage to fix it, and gave into caching instead. My mongo skills are noob, and that's all right, I will do things a bit differently when I get most of current issues fixed, and can start on next version :)

Edited by Drogos
  • Like 3

@Sindusk

Some STP questions for you:

Why is weaponsmithing worth 31 million but small axe is worth 33 million?

Shovel being 4.4 million with digging at 4.1 million, even though shovel takes roughly 2.3x as much effort, why's that?

Also, Preaching is worth 3 million. Exorcismis worth 3 million.... Prayer? 6 million. Why?

Huge axe? 19 million. Carpentry? 5.5 million.

What the heck are some of these? These STP values seem way off and completely and utterly scuffed.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Shrimpiie said:

Yoyo is 11million STP but Puppeteering is 3million... 😛

hXZZ3ZZ.jpeg

• Cat 1