Drogos

WurmNode

So glad I didn't break it, sort of.  Thanks for working so hard on this :)

• Like 1

Hey everyone!

New tracker I suggested was implimented today by the machine like speed of Drogos.

What did I suggest, I hear you ask?

Tempering. Specifically, the number of failed tempers and then the total amount of temper actions you've had to do. Enjoy this window into the pain of every smith working at high quality levels, and mourn all the skillgain lost via this smithing method.

• Like 3

Hmm, clicking on the link when I first signed up

https://www.wurmnode.com/account/emailverify

Gave me blank page with this: Internal Server Error

The character page is pretty cute. The statistics are fun. I wonder if it's possible to grab and display my travel distance? I can see it in-game in Client Statistics (over 9000! km :)) but don't know if it's included in any logs or anything?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lovelie said:

Hmm, clicking on the link when I first signed up

https://www.wurmnode.com/account/emailverify

Gave me blank page with this: Internal Server Error

This is strange, I will need to do some digging of what this could be. Please pm me on discord so we can resolve this :)

12 hours ago, Lovelie said:

The character page is pretty cute. The statistics are fun. I wonder if it's possible to grab and display my travel distance? I can see it in-game in Client Statistics (over 9000! km :)) but don't know if it's included in any logs or anything?

Yeah, this is the stats file in the upload. It is not yet included on the page, but as soon as I get to it, information from there is the same info as when pressing F4 in game (or is it F2, I can't remember…) :)

Any update on when we can upload the CSV file from Niarja?

Or bulk upload individual skill dumps? (I use 3 different computers for the same account - so it's easiest for me this way)

• Like 1

I have not decided what to work on first. I have recived the historical data for twitter messages, and was planning to work on that part first since the beta for _Skills and _Event seems to have most bugs sorted by now, and it also works with multiple computers. The way I see it, is that anyone can currently get all features working by utilizing this feature. But the historical data is unavailable to everyone until I have fixed that part. So, for me personally the historical data seems more urgent, but community might see this differently. Both should be fixed of course, it is just a question about priority that I do not have the answer to yet.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Drogos said:

I have not decided what to work on first. I have recived the historical data for twitter messages, and was planning to work on that part first since the beta for _Skills and _Event seems to have most bugs sorted by now, and it also works with multiple computers. The way I see it, is that anyone can currently get all features working by utilizing this feature. But the historical data is unavailable to everyone until I have fixed that part. So, for me personally the historical data seems more urgent, but community might see this differently. Both should be fixed of course, it is just a question about priority that I do not have the answer to yet.

I agree Historical Data is more important to the majority.

I am just hoping that the CSV import gets included at some point as I had skilldumps across 9 different pcs (and tablets) and I don't have the _Skills / _Event data for some of those anymore.

• Like 1

Thanks for the work you've been putting in @Drogos

The primary reason that I used Niarja was to track skill changes over time.  As I understand it, currently the only way to generate these types of graphs is via the Event log upload as WurmNode does not accept dump files like Niarja did.  I am not comfortable with sending my Event logs off into the abyss; there is private information there that I would like to maintain control over - bank balances, friends lists, when you change an account's email address the address gets printed to the Event log, etc.  Are there plans to implement skill-over-time graphs with the much simpler dump files?

Additionally, I have some concerns over the upload process itself.  I understand that the tool says it is only scraping up the Event and Stats files, but the entire directly that is to be copied over includes far more than that - hashed PW file, PMs, Alliance chats, etc.  What assurances do I have that if I drag an entire player directory over to your tool that only those two file types are being consumed?  

Thanks again for stepping in to fill the void left by Niarja.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Felthanne said:

I agree Historical Data is more important to the majority.

Then I will start with this first :)

4 hours ago, Felthanne said:

I am just hoping that the CSV import gets included at some point as I had skilldumps across 9 different pcs (and tablets) and I don't have the _Skills / _Event data for some of those anymore.

I have not looked at the dump from niarja yet. If it has the skills stored, then I will just do a mass import and not make csv import. If however it does not, then I plan to make csv import instead of niarja import.

51 minutes ago, nineol said:

The primary reason that I used Niarja was to track skill changes over time.  As I understand it, currently the only way to generate these types of graphs is via the Event log upload as WurmNode does not accept dump files like Niarja did.  I am not comfortable with sending my Event logs off into the abyss; there is private information there that I would like to maintain control over - bank balances, friends lists, when you change an account's email address the address gets printed to the Event log, etc.  Are there plans to implement skill-over-time graphs with the much simpler dump files?

Yes, plan is to support this as well. I also wish the log files was split up a bit more so that it was possible to be more selective in the upload process, but that would require that Wurm logging differently or had an api. If all you want is graphs anyways, I did make an option to exclude _Event files from the upload. It is even off by default, so one has to opt in to enable it. All I can say, is that I have no other option if one wants to join in for the extra stuff that utilizing the _Event files. I am not a PvP-er, I do not involve myself in trading, and I live in a small country where my rl career and hopes of one day joining the Wurm team would probably be destroyed if I did anything bad here. I would probably also be banned for a lifetime from the game.

Personally I wish to have my graphs based on _Skills file, and split by server based on _Event files. So naturally I made what I want first before starting on the other stuff. My wish tho, with using logs over dump makes to be compatible with dumps as well a bit more tricky since some might have old dumps and new logs, all mixed from different computers, etc. So, this will still take a bit of time to get in place.

1 hour ago, nineol said:

Additionally, I have some concerns over the upload process itself.  I understand that the tool says it is only scraping up the Event and Stats files, but the entire directly that is to be copied over includes far more than that - hashed PW file, PMs, Alliance chats, etc.  What assurances do I have that if I drag an entire player directory over to your tool that only those two file types are being consumed?  

The client side code is plain JavaScript, viewable by anyone. I also did not obfuscate or minimize it, so it is as easy as possible to read for anyone that wants to check it at any time to validate that it does not touch password file, pm, alliance, etc. I assume that people do check it and would quickly tell the Wurm devs to put up a huge banner on the forums about it to warn everyone to stay away from WurmNode. You can also just open the browser console, and check the network activity and check there what is being sent. When dropping the files, you can see which files are going to be uploaded before confirming the actual upload.

1 hour ago, nineol said:

Thanks again for stepping in to fill the void left by Niarja.

Thanks for pointing out some concerns in public! Sorry about the long answers, but I do think it is good to talk openly about these tings :)

• Like 2

why not make a small exe that parse the log files and strip out all the non skill related stuff. suck it in a json file of sqllite db to upload

Then people that don't want the private stuff in the log files uploaded can feel more comfortable

Json file probably better because people can open it with a text editor to make sore all private stuff is stripped out

Edited by KillerSpike
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, KillerSpike said:

why not make a small exe that parse the log files and strip out all the non skill related stuff. suck it in a json file of sqllite db to upload

Then people that don't want the private stuff in the log files uploaded can feel more comfortable

Json file probably better because people can open it with a text editor to make sore all private stuff is stripped out

Not a bad idea!, anyone that has these skills can easially make a parser that removes lines like this, and then places a "clean copy" in a folder structure similar to the wurm one, and the upload would work exactly the same. If someone would make this, feel free to share it here! :D Additional ideas: This program could let you choose what to stip out, with some checkboxes "Strip out account info" / "Strip out money info" / etc. Reasons for these options is that future expensions of WurmNode will utilize the money in the _Event file to give money graph + notification when recieving money (since game does not do this). All money related stuff will only be available privately tho, so it will not suddenly appear on the site for every character. I -might- make an option to show it publically, but that would be default off, and opt in only. I do not have a good way to see when people send me in game money, and since I make WurmNode support things I miss from the game itself, this is a feature I have planned to make, one day :)

On a second thought, maybe a .exe file is not the best? Those are compiled right? (I use linux) I am thinking a compiled application is a much bigger security concern since it could basically do anything on the entire computer and be much harder to know what it does. Maybe a script of sorts could work? I could make eg a little perl script for this for linux users, but I am not sure how easy that would be on windows?

3 minutes ago, Drogos said:

On a second thought, maybe a .exe file is not the best? Those are compiled right? (I use linux) I am thinking a compiled application is a much bigger security concern since it could basically do anything on the entire computer and be much harder to know what it does. Maybe a script of sorts could work? I could make eg a little perl script for this for linux users, but I am not sure how easy that would be on windows?

Unfortunately I have no Lunix knowledge. But if someone is that paranoid then they should not run anything on their PC. Such user will not be a Windows user because Microsoft is the worst info gatherer there is.

Can always make the source opensource and publish on Github so everybody can go and have a look. I just don't have time for pet projects like that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KillerSpike said:

Unfortunately I have no Lunix knowledge. But if someone is that paranoid then they should not run anything on their PC. Such user will not be a Windows user because Microsoft is the worst info gatherer there is.

Can always make the source opensource and publish on Github so everybody can go and have a look. I just don't have time for pet projects like that.

My initial idea was to further develop https://github.com/tux-/wurmnode to be able to filter and synch. I quickly got many people concerned about installing a .exe for this. So that is the reason why it is now all web based. Maybe one day I will return to that project and give people a second option. Those that trust .exe over web can use the .exe, and those that trust web over .exe can use web :) But my time is limited, so this is very low pri for me. Others are very welcome to help out!

13 minutes ago, Drogos said:

My initial idea was to further develop https://github.com/tux-/wurmnode to be able to filter and synch. I quickly got many people concerned about installing a .exe for this. So that is the reason why it is now all web based. Maybe one day I will return to that project and give people a second option. Those that trust .exe over web can use the .exe, and those that trust web over .exe can use web :) But my time is limited, so this is very low pri for me. Others are very welcome to help out!

Many of us Run Wurm Assistant that is also an executable that needs to be installed. Yes sadly time is limited. I was just throwing the idea out there. Personally I don't have time to pick up a project like this.

@DrogosThank you for the time you put into making the web version available to all to use. I have a very good idea how much time it sucks out of you.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 2:05 PM, Drogos said:

have not looked at the dump from niarja yet. If it has the skills stored, then I will just do a mass import and not make csv import. If however it does not, then I plan to make csv import instead of niarja import.

I would almost argue being able to be marked as Private would be a higher priority, then develop CSV import.

My biggest concern is that some of toons were marked private on Niarja (as well as other people's). Niarja had CSV export, so it'd be nice to have an import to utilize that compilation. 

Thanks again though! 

• Like 1

Good day.

@Drogos
Thanks for the work you have done so far 
Love the skills having a color by skill range.

As someone whom have been using Niarja for a while here is my list of features I would love to see implemented as you have time for them. (some have been mentioned by others)

• Mark a character as private (only owner can view)
  • Wurm unlimited servers as an option (gonna have a few to add)
         Niarja had it as a seprate subsection and then server
  • Skill graphs over time (ignore the pits , those are from bad dumps that i was unable to delete)
    FCnPNIM.jpeg
  • Import CSV from Nairja dumps (I am willing to give you mine so you can check format)
        -- date time timezone , skill , skill , affinity level
        Lines from dump :
        2020-05-29 10:41:00 UTC,Mind,39.084625,0
        2022-07-30 10:02:00 UTC,Mind,94.92988,5
  • Detect bad dumps / delete bad dumps. (massive skill drops vs previous upload , small file size) 

For your tools I can also suggest making a Unlimited of your "Upcoming harvest" where you paste the /time and it tells you the upcoming harvests.

THANK YOU.

Edited by axeblade346
Spelling fixes
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Llawnroc said:

Any way we can get backlog list of slaying on wurmnode?

Added to a long list of ideas and suggestions for the future. I like the idea, just can not promise any timeframe for this.

13 hours ago, Felthanne said:

I would almost argue being able to be marked as Private would be a higher priority, then develop CSV import.

My biggest concern is that some of toons were marked private on Niarja (as well as other people's). Niarja had CSV export, so it'd be nice to have an import to utilize that compilation.

5 hours ago, axeblade346 said:
  • Mark a character as private (only owner can view)

My main priority is all the public stuff, and there is a lot of that still remaining. I will focus on fixing public stuff before starting on any private things. At this point in time, I can not make any promises about private profiles.

• Wurm unlimited servers as an option (gonna have a few to add)
         Niarja had it as a seprate subsection and then server

Until Wurm Unlimited starts to get updates again, I have no plans to support WU. There is only so much time and a day, and I have to prioritize.

• Skill graphs over time (ignore the pits , those are from bad dumps that i was unable to delete)
  • Detect bad dumps / delete bad dumps. (massive skill drops vs previous upload , small file size) 

This is one reason why I made the log files upload, it eliminates problems like this. If you want nice graphs, that is the way to go about it. As mentioned earler, I will implement dump files upload, but there is no plans to improve on the feature with dumps. My main focus will always be on logs.

• Import CSV from Nairja dumps (I am willing to give you mine so you can check format)
        -- date time timezone , skill , skill , affinity level
        Lines from dump :
        2020-05-29 10:41:00 UTC,Mind,39.084625,0
        2022-07-30 10:02:00 UTC,Mind,94.92988,5

I have now checked the export that I recieved, and it does contain all of this data. So import csv will not be needed (at least not until private profiles might come along), since all will be imported automatically.

Sorry for some letdowns here, I am just trying to be realistic about what I have time for, and how much time each thing actually takes to make. I very much appreciate suggestions and ideas, but I can not prmise to be able to implement all of them.

• Like 3

When I started, I was intimidated by the different fan-devs out there that made cool stuff, and knew all the stuff I had no idea about. Around the forums, I see hints about people wanthing different things, and some even start some open source projects. I am so happy there is still motivation around to create cool stuff for Wurm! So, if you are a dev / designer, and have ideas that you feel that I am now one of these intimidating people, let it be known that is not the case! I would love to see a community of fans working together, to create good tools, fancy art, music, all sorts of things related to Wurm! Please hook me up, even if it is just for a chatter about any Wurm Online related fan dev stuff, does not have to be related to WurmNode, and I have zero issues with people making alternative sites!

Where can I be of any help / aliance? I can help writing Open source JavaScript (vanilla, nodejs, browser, electron, no frameworks) / php / xml / xsl, and I can now thanks to a lot of help from @Warlanderhelp a little with open source Unity projects. If you do not want to go open source path, and want to run a little site for eg a private aliance, etc, maybe we could make some core parts into a fansite creation kit? I dunno… Just wanted to share a bit, so hopefully any person that might be interested would feel very confident to get in touch! Together, we can make way better things than I can do alone. :) I am sorry that I myself is not good at reaching out, so this is my attempt of at least letting people the door is open. Easiest to reach me is via discord, you can find me in the Wurm Online server :)

Edited by Drogos
  • Like 4

Heya Drogos, a tiny but nice suggestion that would be great to have implemented would be to show a "Total" row in the Wurm Servers table on the main page. So we can see the total number of deeds and players online.

Thanks!!!!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MordosKull said:

Heya Drogos, a tiny but nice suggestion that would be great to have implemented would be to show a "Total" row in the Wurm Servers table on the main page. So we can see the total number of deeds and players online.

Great idea! Added :D

• Like 1

The WurmNode website currently have some issues. I have managed to start importing historical tweets, and there is quite the few of them. It has been running for about 12 hours already, and still keeps going. Yeah, probably not the best code there for this script, but it is only needed to be executed once. This has also led to another issue, the website was never made to handle this amound of data. Some pages have become even much slower than before, and I see server pages now even gets an internal server error on the rites box. Other issues might also show up as the import is running. I should probably have a better test environment and done this the proper way, but there is only so much time, and I did not want to make you all wait for months for this. So, I took a brave chance that it would be ok, and messed up. I will continue working on fixing up these problems before moving along to next things. Sorry about the corrent state this has put this tool and the long wait for other features.

• Like 3

yay old deed info... and stuff for owners and such... (useful to bug unsuspecting owners while they have no clue what's up.. and play on another server.. but there's magic tree or deity avatar to slay for a mission...)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Drogos said:

The WurmNode website currently have some issues. I have managed to start importing historical tweets, and there is quite the few of them. It has been running for about 12 hours already, and still keeps going. Yeah, probably not the best code there for this script, but it is only needed to be executed once. This has also led to another issue, the website was never made to handle this amound of data. Some pages have become even much slower than before, and I see server pages now even gets an internal server error on the rites box. Other issues might also show up as the import is running. I should probably have a better test environment and done this the proper way, but there is only so much time, and I did not want to make you all wait for months for this. So, I took a brave chance that it would be ok, and messed up. I will continue working on fixing up these problems before moving along to next things. Sorry about the corrent state this has put this tool and the long wait for other features.

Besides the internal server error you mentioned, I haven't noticed it responding slowly to requests on my end.  Give yourself more credit :)   You're doing outstanding and a lot of us have no problem being patient while you work on this!

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 2