Drogos

WurmNode

That's not recent as far as I know - the "skills dumped at" in the file has always used the OS language. I took the date times directly from the file names, which seem to be consistent.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chakron said:

That's not recent as far as I know - the "skills dumped at" in the file has always used the OS language. I took the date times directly from the file names, which seem to be consistent.

Oh, smart! How did I not even think of this, haha! Thank you! :D

This might need some sort of client side clean up.. to extract and upload only the lines for creation(finishing of creation of items from fragments)

on 2nd note.. information from identifying.. sessions might be fun to some.. to see what kind of item-fragments were identified most often from that day(place)

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Finnn said:

wait we're now uploading full event logs???

Some people are, just for fun! You do not have to participate in this :)

3 hours ago, Finnn said:

This might need some sort of client side clean up.. to extract and upload only the lines for creation(finishing of creation of items from fragments)

on 2nd note.. information from identifying.. sessions might be fun to some.. to see what kind of item-fragments were identified most often from that day(place)

Some people that did play on Jackal, or are playing on Epic have different skills on different servers, so those log lines are mandatory to differ between freedom skills and other skills. Lines for moment of inspiration + following failure are needed for the Jinxed achievement. As more fun stuff is added, it would not really work to ask people to scan thru everything every time. The initial upload is a bit big for people that have played a long time, but following uploads only uploads files that have changed. I probably fix 3-4 bugs a day, and to do that client side, and people have to upload new stuff every time would not really work. The parsing also can take up to 10-15 minutes, so having this client side would load the browser crazy, and require every user to have supermachines. So, only option I could see is to do it server side. But yeah, it is not any requirement to participate! The leaderboard is still based on the dump files. I thought it would be fun to have this for the people that like this sort of stuff, and this was the only way I could see it be doable. I had two options: Not make it, or make it server side.

Talking about dump files and graphs, I have not forgotten about this! There is still various bugs with the dump files that needs fixing (like the most recent one that @Chakron helped with solving (Fix not implemented yet, but at least I now have a course of action)) just the other day. So, one day, graphs will also be available to people that want leaderboard + graphs but nothing else.

Edited by Drogos

3 hours ago, Finnn said:

I just realized, that is a brilliant idea! To have a top list of which fragments are most identified! Adding to todo list :D

Edited by Drogos

The issues with the internationalization of dump files upload has been resolved :)

NVM, probably just parcing.

Edited by Rockmodd
  • Like 1

I'm not getting anything when I go to upload event files in Upload Data, I can't drag any files onto that page nor can I get anything when I click Browse folder, am I missing something?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Archaed said:

I'm not getting anything when I go to upload event files in Upload Data, I can't drag any files onto that page nor can I get anything when I click Browse folder, am I missing something?

Yeah, there has been some issues with the UX of the upload system (you know, things made in a rush …). I did an update to it now to hopefully make it a bit better. The browse folder button is removed, since it has never been implemented. So, the site only support drag and drop for now. Also, since people can have multiple characters, and the log files does not contain character information, the parent folders are needed (and because of security they can not be found automagically). So, to be able to upload, just drag the wurn installation folder / client files, and the _Event and _Skills files for registered characters will be added to a list one must see over and confirm to start the actual upload ( https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Client_Files ) :)

• Like 2

Just found out about wurmnode. Love that it has the next Rift date and time. But, it doesn't show what time zone. Please add the time zone such as UTC, PST, MST, etc., to the times. Thanks!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, keoki said:

Just found out about wurmnode. Love that it has the next Rift date and time. But, it doesn't show what time zone. Please add the time zone such as UTC, PST, MST, etc., to the times. Thanks!

The time is in the timezone of your system :) Thanks for checking out the site!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Drogos said:

The time is in the timezone of your system :) Thanks for checking out the site!

Maybe the "Start times are estimates." comment on the rift section could be changed to "Start times are estimates and are in your computer's timezone." to avoid confusion like this? It has made me wonder sometimes too.

• Like 2

yeah, could be, maybe I should just add a tooltip on them. I am thinking that this is something one learns once, and then do not need that info taking up screenspace forever on. Maybe even a popup first time visiting or something, not sure. Or, a "manual" for all the different things one can do on the site. Again, not sure, all I know is that I do not want it to be too cluttered :)

• Like 1

@Drogos ? in the even logs it would show when you used or consumed a Tome. Not sure if everyone would want to see that, but just a thought. You do grab how many titles.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SmackedDown said:

@Drogos ? in the even logs it would show when you used or consumed a Tome. Not sure if everyone would want to see that, but just a thought. You do grab how many titles.

I am not sure I understand what you are asking (English not my first language, and I also do not know what Tome in the game is). Do you mean:

1) Tome consumption would be nice to see, but you are not sure if too many people care.

2) Tome usage is something that should remain a secret so plase do not show it.

20 minutes ago, Drogos said:

I am not sure I understand what you are asking (English not my first language, and I also do not know what Tome in the game is). Do you mean:

1) Tome consumption would be nice to see, but you are not sure if too many people care.

2) Tome usage is something that should remain a secret so plase do not show it.

he asks for maybe another ladder listing who have learned the most tomes and obtained titles(this is a bit of a mess with the titles coming from learning different tomes),

you'll need to poke around wu code for the messages when one learn new tome ability and what title it gives, also when there are x/y/z.. tomes learned, that unlocks additional title

this could be something for personal page or different ladder somewhere, it's rather niche thing imo

----------

meanwhile.. archaeology is far from that niche zone of few players.. could be linked somewhere easier to find maybe?

also.. what are the odds to have some sort of way to sort event logs locally and dump only the lines you need for archaeology logs, so we don't have to upload gigabytes of txt files(recall the screenshot above from the other post)

• Like 1

Thanks for the explanation!

4 hours ago, Finnn said:

you'll need to poke around wu code for the messages when one learn new tome ability and what title it gives, also when there are x/y/z.. tomes learned, that unlocks additional title

If someone has an interest in taking this on, I'll gladly make the code to support it. My time is not sufficient to do the research required tho. Just to give me a poke if anyone is interested enough to make this :)

45 minutes ago, Drogos said:

Thanks for the explanation!

If someone has an interest in taking this on, I'll gladly make the code to support it. My time is not sufficient to do the research required tho. Just to give me a poke if anyone is interested enough to make this :)

It was just a thought, and since I do not PVP anymore, I did not think about how much having them public might hurt. So most likely no need to pursue the idea :)

• Like 1

@Drogosrandom question.. have you adopted from @Chakrondb for village info, like village x was found and dropped at x/y/z date, and info if deed/s were dropped before, if they are currently existing, who's the founder(all based off twitter messages)

that was kind of useful..

• Cat 1

I have not gotten the historical data. But for the more recent ones I have added in so you can search for the deeds, yes :)

Forgive me if I have missed something, I uploaded my folder to the profile on the beta/testing part of the account page.  It's still saying queued, after 12 or so hours.  Is this normal or is the parsing run on a schedule?  Would it be because i uploaded 388mb of data from 10 years?

Thanks and sorry :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nomadikhan said:

Forgive me if I have missed something, I uploaded my folder to the profile on the beta/testing part of the account page.  It's still saying queued, after 12 or so hours.  Is this normal or is the parsing run on a schedule?  Would it be because i uploaded 388mb of data from 10 years?

Thanks and sorry :D

Heya! Nope, this is not normal. It should normally take less than 30 minutes. 12 hours means bug in the system. I will do some vaccuming! Thank so much for letting me know!, I am not always checking if it has crashed :)

• Like 2