Drogos

WurmNode

4 hours ago, Felthanne said:

Or even better - import the Niarja export sheet!

If niarja makes an eport of all the data, I will for sure import it. Or do you mean the file each person can download from there? Not sure how that one looks, but yeah, if someone shares one, I can make that compatible to upload also. Skill history will take a bit of time to get in place. The current order of implementation plan is:

1) Enable manual upload of _Skills.*.txt files.

2) Publish the app to automatically synch log files.

3) Look into dump files import.

On 9/15/2022 at 8:25 AM, crimsonearth said:

As an aside, I tried to sign up for an account a couple of weeks ago (and have tried again just now) and get an internal server error each time. I'm using Chrome, but if it's a browser issue or a known issue with a workaround, let me know, and keep up the good work.

This issue is a bit hard to debug, but there seems there was an issue if email was typed with upper case letters. This issue should now be resolved. Hopefully it is working again now :)

On character skill pages, is it possible to get a title count listed that shows number of titles without having to manually count them?

Thanks either way.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MordosKull said:

On character skill pages, is it possible to get a title count listed that shows number of titles without having to manually count them?

Thanks either way.

Can of course only count titles related to levels reached, and those I can add a counter for! Will look into a nice way to do it, thanks for the suggestion! :)

When log upload is in place, I can also look into showing other titles as well

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Drogos said:

This issue is a bit hard to debug, but there seems there was an issue if email was typed with upper case letters. This issue should now be resolved. Hopefully it is working again now :)

Well I tried again, and it said it was successful and to check my email, and my email said there was already an account for my email address so I told it to reset the password, followed the new link the email to change it and got the internal server error again, alas. :D

Appreciate you trying - no hurry from my POV, just thought you'd want some feedback on the next attempt. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, crimsonearth said:

Well I tried again, and it said it was successful and to check my email, and my email said there was already an account for my email address so I told it to reset the password, followed the new link the email to change it and got the internal server error again, alas. :D

Appreciate you trying - no hurry from my POV, just thought you'd want some feedback on the next attempt. 

Think it is fixed now, found a bug there at least! :D Thank you so much for helping squashing these bugs!

8 hours ago, Drogos said:

Think it is fixed now, found a bug there at least! :D Thank you so much for helping squashing these bugs!

It now lets me get the right screen on WurmNode to reset my password from the email link, but once I enter the new one and submit it... internal server error again. :) Those bugs are tricksy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crimsonearth said:

It now lets me get the right screen on WurmNode to reset my password from the email link, but once I enter the new one and submit it... internal server error again. :) Those bugs are tricksy!

Oh, right! There was one more step to this process, forgot about that one! :o Updated to new methonds there too! :D Thank you so much for sticking thru, and not giving up, helping me filter out these silly bugs, one by one they fly away! :D

• Like 1

[19:51:13] <Sweetserenade> Oh can't hide profiles on this site. :P

PvP'ers like to keep their stuff hidden, and will be hesitant to join the site if they can't hide their profile.

• Like 1

Oh it's me!

Will say this is an awesome site and super nice having skills seem more appreciated in the STP charts than they were on Niarja everybody involved in developing and testing has done an incredible job!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Drogos said:

Oh, right! There was one more step to this process, forgot about that one! :o Updated to new methonds there too! :D Thank you so much for sticking thru, and not giving up, helping me filter out these silly bugs, one by one they fly away! :D

Allllrighty. Well you'll be pleased to hear that this time when I reset the password, it went through and is now letting me log in. \o/

You might be less pleased to hear that when I click on the little red bar at the top reminding me to verify my email, however, I get another internal server error. ;)

• Like 2
  • Cat 1

15 hours ago, Viceren said:

[19:51:13] <Sweetserenade> Oh can't hide profiles on this site. :P

PvP'ers like to keep their stuff hidden, and will be hesitant to join the site if they can't hide their profile.

14 hours ago, SweetSerenade said:

Oh it's me!

Yeah, this is still true. Still working on upload of log files, but when that one is released for testing, I will start looking at character profile settings :)

15 hours ago, SweetSerenade said:

Will say this is an awesome site and super nice having skills seem more appreciated in the STP charts than they were on Niarja everybody involved in developing and testing has done an incredible job!

Thanks!, and yeah, big thanks to everyone that helps testing, and also suggestions and ideas for new things to include :)

4 hours ago, crimsonearth said:

You might be less pleased to hear that when I click on the little red bar at the top reminding me to verify my email, however, I get another internal server error. ;)

Ah, right! Forgot about that one as well! :o Should be fixed now (I think) :D

• Like 1

When you hover over STP,  it says "Sindusk's Skill Time Points". - Not sure if that's intended now.

Also, is it possible to make it so if you click STP, or Affinities, or Skillpoints headers, it sorts the list of players by those?

Thanks again for everything you're doing!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MordosKull said:

When you hover over STP,  it says "Sindusk's Skill Time Points". - Not sure if that's intended now.

Yeah, it is there, cause new players might come and wonder what STP means. And also, since multiple ways of calculating STP exists, it is nice to reference the source. This makes it easier for people to validate the math on the page, and it makes it easier for other to make similar sites and hopefully choose the same formula so we do not get multiple variants.

Also, is it possible to make it so if you click STP, or Affinities, or Skillpoints headers, it sorts the list of players by those?

Noted down on my todo / wishlist! :D

Thanks again for everything you're doing!

And thank you too for feedback! It is vital for this to be a useful site :)

• Like 1

Okay few things I have noticed in the past day

1. Deleting your character doesn't remove it from high scores (Waited 24 hours seems to remain, not an issue personally just a test)

2. The religion parent skill seems to be the only skill not added so far, not sure if this is a bug or not.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Drogos said:

Yeah, this is still true. Still working on upload of log files, but when that one is released for testing, I will start looking at character profile settings :)

Thanks!, and yeah, big thanks to everyone that helps testing, and also suggestions and ideas for new things to include :)

Ah, right! Forgot about that one as well! :o Should be fixed now (I think) :D

It doesn't seem to have fixed it for me - but I don't know if that's because that wasn't the problem or if it's because unlike the previous, I can't re-generate the circumstances leading up to that bug. Logging out and in again and clicking on the bar still gets me an internal server error for now.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SweetSerenade said:

1. Deleting your character doesn't remove it from high scores (Waited 24 hours seems to remain, not an issue personally just a test)

Yeah, this is true. Changing probilic / private status / deleting data / downloading data is not in plae yet, but getting closer every day now! Still working on this tho! Might come tonight, or at least very soon. :D

12 hours ago, SweetSerenade said:

2. The religion parent skill seems to be the only skill not added so far, not sure if this is a bug or not.

hmm, yeah, this seems like a bug. Thanks! Will fix!

8 hours ago, crimsonearth said:

It doesn't seem to have fixed it for me - but I don't know if that's because that wasn't the problem or if it's because unlike the previous, I can't re-generate the circumstances leading up to that bug. Logging out and in again and clicking on the bar still gets me an internal server error for now.

That is strange, nothing screams at me for what it could be. I will continue to search for the source of this! Thanks for reporting! :D

• Like 1

Finally! Log upload is now available in public beta testing! :D Lots of potentional for new bugs, hehe. Especially timezone stuff I have not been able to test to well. There is also the fact that timezones are not stored in the logs, so if someone is nomads, time zones will for sure be messed up. Hope it works for most people tho!

Edit: Seems like deleting one of multiple profiles work, but deleting last profile does not remove remaining data. So, first bug to handle right there! ;)

Edit 2: This is now fixed, and last log deletion now triggers correctly removal of graphs.

Edit 3: Just for clearification, this update does not include deletion of skills page, only graphs. More character management to come shortly.

Edited by Drogos
See edit.
  • Like 3

Oh something else I was thinking which may be something worth considering is which path you would like the site to go down.

Either a historical record of all old players like Niarja was, keeping all old accounts, or deleting after like 6 months of no upload to the character page which would turn Wurmnode more into a registry of active players instead of like 5 year dead accounts and whatever else.

I can see merit in both but just something that might be worth considering for the longterm, probably depends on activity numbers etc too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SweetSerenade said:

Oh something else I was thinking which may be something worth considering is which path you would like the site to go down.

Either a historical record of all old players like Niarja was, keeping all old accounts, or deleting after like 6 months of no upload to the character page which would turn Wurmnode more into a registry of active players instead of like 5 year dead accounts and whatever else.

I can see merit in both but just something that might be worth considering for the longterm, probably depends on activity numbers etc too.

This, I have put some thought into as well. I do not want to make that desicion for everyone. So, current plan is to have a default view where one sees "active characters" (updated within last some time period), and then have the option to show all. Along this, also enable some sort of optional email to be sent before profile goes dorment. Much optional stuff, but I think that it is better to provide options, than to decide for people. I mean, we play wurm after all, right! :D (I promise, the options will be less advanced to maneuver than the current deed permissions system ;))

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Drogos said:

This, I have put some thought into as well. I do not want to make that desicion for everyone. So, current plan is to have a default view where one sees "active characters" (updated within last some time period), and then have the option to show all. Along this, also enable some sort of optional email to be sent before profile goes dorment. Much optional stuff, but I think that it is better to provide options, than to decide for people. I mean, we play wurm after all, right! :D (I promise, the options will be less advanced to maneuver than the current deed permissions system ;))

This sounds perfect. I'm excited to see where the site goes in the coming months! You're doing a great job and thank you for stepping up to replace Niarja!

• Like 4

A bit late on this I suppose, but better late than never. I've created a "documentation"/"explanation" for STP:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KGrGgr9SRukqPQhfLIh1MPOM6gFWy3Xa05-vu6sJDnw/edit#

This gives a full definition of what STP is (quoted directly from Chakron, who is credited for the original implementation), the changes that have occurred since it's original inception on Niarja, and the formula and multipliers for every skill in the game. If there are any questions about STP that are not explained in the document please let me know so I can update it with further clarification.

• Like 4

I tried uploading skill logs and it mostly worked. Firstly, the latest file from September 2022 for my main (Docterchese) didn't upload (my alt, Laureltrees, was fine). Secondly, I have logs going back to October 2011 - but logs from August 2013 and older for my main didn't upload (is there a difference in how they're formatted?)

Here is a .zip file with all files I couldn't upload - hope that helps!

P.S.: the graphs already look great 😃  and I love that they're zoomable!

• Like 1

Thanks! This gived awesome debug quality, thank you! Will look at it as soon as I can :)

Edit: Just wanted to also mention that yeah, there is issues for sure. Both some logs do not parse, and then there is also the Epic problem. Will look at both issues!

Edited by Drogos
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Sindusk said:

A bit late on this I suppose, but better late than never. I've created a "documentation"/"explanation" for STP:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KGrGgr9SRukqPQhfLIh1MPOM6gFWy3Xa05-vu6sJDnw/edit#

This gives a full definition of what STP is (quoted directly from Chakron, who is credited for the original implementation), the changes that have occurred since it's original inception on Niarja, and the formula and multipliers for every skill in the game. If there are any questions about STP that are not explained in the document please let me know so I can update it with further clarification.

Was wondering what you thought about adjusting the multiplier for parent skills such as tailoring and armor smithing as CoC and sweet spot imping doesn't seem to affect them (not totally sure about sweet spot only CoC), this should make them on a harder tier than something like weapon smithing which while is difficult can be affected by both those things, these things also have no specific items to level them and must be very purposefully and deliberately trained alongside their subskills as opposed to weaponsmithing which has many items which you can specifically be grinded with it.

Edited by SweetSerenade