Sign in to follow this  
Aegis

Creature Migration

thats pretty much what I'm seeing everywhere else but over on those Cord, its completely dead out there but there

An experience I had that may be linked with migration;

I engaged adolescent seal; he begins dominating me; I retreat out of range of his attack; seal runs directly north at mach speed; I couldn't chase because of the wounds and terrain the seal was moving at speeds I would imagine a seal to swim at.

Good luck figuring this one out. My guess is all the mobs are far to the north in the water. Perhaps ai attacking ai / being near a settlement could cause this as well, when I goto spawns further away from my base they are almost always in the same location.

Edited by Jort
addition

Same there is also a huge steppe area south of me so barren with settlements but nothing is spawning there but north their all there and there is a few settlements 

On Melody, the creature density seems to have stayed at the same places and never changed. Melody spawns would distribute if we cleared these dense areas. Not a permanent fix, but there's simply too many creatures crowding in these areas. 

•Mountain/sides very dense

•Sand biomes very dense

•Islands very dense

•Steppe/Tundra had  early-game spawns until deeds and hunting pushed extinction and is the norm now.

I swear there could be thousands on those mountains. In the past 2 months, mountainsides are where I've found my animals since they're near extinct everywhere else.

Oh hey Tody, its me Arkarian, your pretty much spot on about what I was talking about, sadly it doesn't seem like wurms developers care because they haven't posted anything yet

17 hours ago, Toby said:

On Melody, the creature density seems to have stayed at the same places and never changed. Melody spawns would distribute if we cleared these dense areas. Not a permanent fix, but there's simply too many creatures crowding in these areas. 

•Mountain/sides very dense

•Sand biomes very dense

•Islands very dense

•Steppe/Tundra had  early-game spawns until deeds and hunting pushed extinction and is the norm now.

I swear there could be thousands on those mountains. In the past 2 months, mountainsides are where I've found my animals since they're near extinct everywhere else.

46 minutes ago, Aegis said:

Forgot 2 put the quote with my message

You found the quote button, maybe you find the edit button soon.

I know this area of code is very complex and takes a very long time just to get a basic understanding, much less being able to actually fix the problem, but I think if a poll was created with a choice between more features first ,or putting resources into finally getting the creature movement and spawning code right, I know which choice would get an overwhelming amount of votes.