Sign in to follow this  
Caduryn

Holy Crop no Genesis Cast

Holy Crop does not Cast Genesis on the new North Cluster.

Got a Fo Altar with Domain, all my Animals there still have all Bad Traits.

I can confirm this.

Had some foals with bad traits penned next to my altar, the bad traits (malformed hindlegs, legs of different length) were not removed. No other altars in the area and my Fo priest gets the message of getting bonuses from the influence of Fo there.

This is on Harmony.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Same here, on Harmony, all animals within Fo Domain, some had 1 bad trait, some had 2 bad traits, all still have the same bad traits as before Holy Crop.

Worked for us on Harmony. From Freedom chat, nothing is different between the setups, we must be missing something.

I made a Fo alter yesterday in the middle of my horse pen, imped it up to 60, and waited for the Spring affect to come into effect. But NONE of my animals have been cured.

Pirates Bay, Harmony, P10

EvaryaOConnor

Edited by Evarya

They are aware of this post, Shydow was the one who gave me a link to post here

Ill add we had 4 foals with bad traits and our entire deed within the altar of Fo.  Nothing has changed.  Also on Harmony

Same issue no bad traits removed for animals on 2 different deeds both covered with a fo altar radius no traits removed. Mellow Mountain and Mellow Waters R-10 harmony.

-ShadyJesus

In case this helps with the investigation:

It has worked for us on Harmony but some more details which might help:

Altar quality:32

Altar wasn't built there. It was built on the shore and then pushed across the deed to the pen (i remember a bug where if a fountain didn't fill up on a water tile, we had to push it once for it to "register" its position)

roughly 30 animals in the pen, sheep/horses/calfs, all got the genesis as expected.

There is an adjacent Vynora's domain, Fo and Vyn's domains meet about 20 tiles away from the pen

Deed name in case GM/Dev wants to have a look at the setup: Gallifrey - Altar is located in the pen in N/E corner of the deed, up on a mountain slope.

Edited by Locath

Oddly enough, the Holy Crop that was cast on 8/25 worked. It removed a bad trait from one of my foals. The Holy Crop yesterday did not work - I have a stone altar of Fo and my foal with the bad trait was in Fo's domain. The trait was not removed. 

I am quite sure it didnt remove a bad trait i was expecting also on Xan last time rite was cast.

On 9/14/2020 at 4:29 PM, gnomegates said:

Is there an update on this issue?

Nope guess not...good to know. Suppose it will just be added to one of the many other bugs / issues that are not addressed...

• Like 1

Holy Crop was just cast 9/29 and did not remove any traits from our animals. Some details that cover questions that some have asked.. altar is 20ql, was built in that area, was pushed a small distance (few spaces just to center), and there are NO other altars within range (there is a one tile difference between the Fo and the Vyona altar so there is no overlap). Is there a update on this situation? 

• Like 1

Again, We have the same problem on our deed.

Since the previous cast didn't work we have imped the altar to over 20ql, moved it around the deed a little, and made sure the boundary between the nearest Vyn domain is about 8 tiles from where the animals and the Fo altar are.

Can we have some official response please?

• Like 1

My test subjects did not get any help from Holy Crop either. 

1 foal with 2 bad traits, and 2 foals with 1 bad trait each.

4 tiles from Fo altar (20.4ql), deep in Fo's domain. 

• Like 1

Same here, horses on my 2 deeds did - again - not get any help from Fo. One of the deeds is an island where there are absolutely no other altars within distance.

• Like 1

we have a 47ql altar, we might have a small amount of overlap with a vynora domain but none of my animals lost any bad traits

• Like 1

Once again, holy crop did not work. That is two in a row now for many of us. As others have asked, is this even being looked into, or should we just forget about it? 

Weeks now and no response, the silence is not appreciated.

• Like 1

Genesis didn't work either. Altar 30 ql. Near Vynora altar. But animals fall under Fo domain. Some had one bad trait and they stayed. This is very sad, since I was really looking forward to this rite for the sake of genesis
Kofein, Harmony. J12

Edited by Kofein

I don't understand what the difference is with all above posters and my setup.
I am on Harmony with a Fo alter at around 50QL that covers my entire Herd.
Every single Holy Crop cast has removed 1 bad trait from every horse and bison who had one.

So I don't understand what the difference is here as to why there are so many saying they're getting no Genesis while I am.

Edited by Zera

6 hours ago, CistaCista said:

Same here, horses on my 2 deeds did - again - not get any help from Fo. One of the deeds is an island where there are absolutely no other altars within distance.

Since I am awfully curious about this and I cannot imagine it's an animal issue, but for the sake of testing (and some of these animals came from you to start with anyway).
Bring a saddled, branded horse to my (Ferrix) deed that has a negative next time Holy Crop is to be cast.

I suggest/request this for 2 reasons.
1. I seem to get Genesis on every Holy Crop without fail since it's starting of casting and no one else seems to.
2. I want people to know I'm not full of hot-air here..

Although if you recall Mountainecho, the skewbald horse I purchased a while back. If I recall he had a negative trait on him, did he not? I don't know if you keep those kinds of records. Needless to say he's clean now.

Edited by Zera