Sign in to follow this  
Muse

Unable to drink water from neighbour's fountains - Since 11th Sept 2020 Update

We are unable to drink water from fountains (and probably wells too) on deeds outside our alliance, as of today's update.

I went over to Port Sopor, Deliverance - a neighbour's deed not in my alliance, and tried to drink from his public fountain.  The fountain contained plain water.

[22:12:25] That would be very bad for your karma and is disallowed on this server.

I get this when trying to drink from a large barrel on my deed using a character that is not a member of my deed.

[18:06:02] That would be very bad for your karma and is disallowed on this server.

Before this update she was able to.

If I open the barrel and drink that way I still can, it's just clicking on the closed barrel that won't let me do it.

Edited by VelvetSun
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Muse said:

We are unable to drink water from fountains (and probably wells too) on deeds outside our alliance, as of today's update.

I went over to Port Sopor, Deliverance - a neighbour's deed not in my alliance, and tried to drink from his public fountain.  The fountain contained plain water.

[22:12:25] That would be very bad for your karma and is disallowed on this server.

Is this happening when right clicking the fountain, the water, or both?

Posting again to confirm that this is indeed a bug and we're working on a fix.

It appears to only affect drinking when you right-click on the container itself. Right-clicking the liquid inside should still work OK.

Apologies for the delay in getting back.

13 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

It appears to only affect drinking when you right-click on the container itself. Right-clicking the liquid inside should still work OK.

I concur.

Testing in on an alt that is not part of my deed:

• I was not able to drink directly from a huge oil barrel full of water or from a fountain by right clicking the container. 
  • I was able to open the containers (barrel and fountain) and drink directly from the water inside.
  • I was also able to fill a receptacle (water skin) from the water in the fountain and thus able to drink directly from my own water skin whilst on the deed. 

• Like 1