Sign in to follow this  
Oknos

Make all inventory views able to be filtered/searched

In light of the recent patchnotes, which added filtering to only a few select inventories, I suggest finally going "all the way" and providing these functions for ALL inventory windows.

Maybe there are some exceptions where it doesn't make sense, but from a programming view it's easier to enable it everywhere, than having to blacklist/whitelist it only for eligible inventories.

Having chests with items strewn all over is horrible. Why can't I filter in there?

Planter Racks? Where's my rosemary?

Having to empty the ovens of <insert ridiculous amount here> breakfasts, is painstaking clicking - and god have mercy on you, when you misclick somewhere or let go of CTRL.

Yes, it does take away a small bit of screen estate. But it enables searching for exactly what you want, and that allows to have much smaller inventory windows open, than before.

EDIT: Also make the search expand the collapsed inventory parts it found the item in. Having to manually expand the inventory sections is an unnecessary step.

Edited by Oknos
  • Like 1

please if you do this, give us an option to disable them. even if you dont do this let us disable that.

Edited by Tpikol
  • Like 1

We're not against this, there's just certain technical limitations that prevent us from adding it to non-inventory and non-bulk container windows. It's something we'll still try to add in though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tpikol said:

please if you do this, give us an option to disable them. even if you dont do this let us disable that.

This. Filtering can be annoying when you text smth in it instead of chat >.< ( i hope im not only one )

+1  Every day I open up my large cart storage and wonder why I can't use a filter/search.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2021 at 7:33 PM, Ogare said:

+1  Every day I open up my large cart storage and wonder why I can't use a filter/search.

LOL, same here...