Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes: 11/SEP/20

4 minutes ago, Rhianna said:

SO whats with thie "Incompatabile communication protocol " a number of us are getting and cant log in. Can staff please let us know what this is and how to fix it cos jsut downloading the installer again doesnt work.

use the old ui and it'll launch

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zekezor said:

BL Defiance privilege:

PvP Change: Restricted logins on Defiance to Horde of the Summoned until an emperor is chosen.

• Like 3

where in discord I cant find it - wish defvs would respond on the forum, not all of us look at discord constantly

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

use the old ui and it'll launch

shouldnt have too but its an update - cant expect much else

I mean, what an amazing patch!  /balances!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for this.  I think there was other stuff but none of that stuff matters.  Best patch in the last few years.

• Like 1

Nothing about priests....

So we're basically stuck with slower favour regen forever then?

• Like 1

Did a few tests of the new combat window, about 30 mobs in total, first test area with 6 trolls, 3 scorps, 4 gobs, a lava spider, and a mountain lion below: h412uIA.jpg

The attack stances are now coloured according to the status, show % on mouseover. When stunned, the screen goes paler, and "Stunned!" is written over it in golden Letters (sry no pic).

Special moves are shown with open book icon in the space in the lower part, with description on mouseover:

Y1FSqPc.jpg?1

All in all, well done, thanks. Did not yet find how to change size, but so what.

Edited by Ekcin
typo
  • Like 2

-

Edited by Yserin
leaving game, bad managment
  • Like 1

I was nervous to see the changes after reading the past few posts but I couldn't be happier the fixes have made the new UI almost perfect and the pulsing is so subtle (not even close to what could ever cause a seizure lol) I could almost not notice it but its enough to tell there is something to read when looking for it. I can finally see whats in my inventory with the ql and dmg columns tweaked and the repeat function no longer threatens to harvest my unripe crops. Still a few things that could do with some love but over all great work.

• Like 2

Great changes & additions.

The flashing tabs don't bother me.

Glad we have a transparent skill tracker background.

1 hour ago, SmeJack said:

I was nervous to see the changes after reading the past few posts but I couldn't be happier the fixes have made the new UI almost perfect and the pulsing is so subtle (not even close to what could ever cause a seizure lol) I could almost not notice it but its enough to tell there is something to read when looking for it. I can finally see whats in my inventory with the ql and dmg columns tweaked and the repeat function no longer threatens to harvest my unripe crops. Still a few things that could do with some love but over all great work.

what causes one for you is not the same for anyone else. Going off my health not everyone elses. Thanks for your input :) every body is different and all that jazz.

not asking for a removal asking for a toggle. More accessibility not less.

Edited by Yserin

6 hours ago, SmeJack said:

Sums up my thoughts. My only lingering complaint is that disembark is still the default action on every tile when mounted- I get why people would want that, but a way to modify the default actions on tiles would be lovely.

The action overwrite fix was done correctly and everything seems to work properly. Not easy to pull off considering the state of the Action class. Good job.

The UI improvements are appreciated, but I think the more common concerns are not being addressed. Mainly creature spawns and priest adjustments. Creatures are still huddled around the northern coasts, making hunting sparse anywhere else on the servers. This is especially prevalent on Defiance. Priest favor regeneration was stealth nerfed with a recent patch and there's no word on whether it was intentional or a bug. Priest linking remains in a sorry state after an entire month, despite the changes being described as, and I quote:

This is a short term solution due to potential abuses brought to our attention over the last week. We will be looking at the way linked priests work and how favour regeneration works and adjusting it as necessary in a coming update.

Are creature spawns still be worked on? Is the favor regeneration reduction here to stay? Are the tweaks from August 11th the final state of priest linking?

Edited by Sindusk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sindusk said:

Priest favor regeneration was stealth nerfed with a recent patch and there's no word on whether it was intentional or a bug.

Are you talking about the patch where they changed the monster "catchup" mechanic? That was a bug as has been fixed since, unless it's something new.

On 9/11/2020 at 10:49 PM, DevBlog said:

For example, a player can drink from a well full of water regardless of any deed or building permissions being applied

I came across an on-deed well on Cadence that I could not drink from.  Got the standard "not permitted" message.  Did not note the position or time because I wasn't aware that this was thought to have been fixed.

Sign in to follow this