Sign in to follow this  
Angelklaine

Never Forget

On this night...19 years ago, 246 people went to sleep in preparation for their morning flights. 2,606 people went to sleep in preparation for work in the morning tomorrow. 343 firefighters went to sleep in preparation for their morning shift. 60 police officers went to sleep in preparation for morning patrol. 8 paramedics went to sleep in preparation for the morning shift of saving lives. None of them saw past 10:00 am Sept 11, 2001. In one single moment life may never be the same. As you live and enjoy the breaths you take today and tonight before you go to sleep in preparation for your life tomorrow, kiss the ones you love, snuggle a little tighter, and never take one second of your life for granted.

Never forget. 🇺🇸

• Like 11

14 hours ago, ChampagneDragon said:

Wow, hard to imagine it's been 19 years already. I remember it as if it were yesterday.

Same here.  It was indeed a sad day in history.  I remember where I was, what I was doing, and how I was feeling as I watched in horror.  19 years, wow.  Many of the people we interact with on a daily basis now weren't even born yet or were so young they don't really remember, except maybe vaguely.  And so many today want to pretend it's just history with no relevance, and not just this but many other things too. And many these days are even actively trying to erase so much of our history altogether so that no one will be "disturbed" by it.  That's really too bad because the old saying about history repeating itself if we fail to remember is all too true. We really do need to be "disturbed" by much of our history and remember it as though it was yesterday and could happen again any time if we're not very careful.

• Like 4

Cherish what you have. Enjoy life, and love like its your last day on earth, because it may very well be. Take things lightly when you can, and look for ways to do so when you can't. life is too short to let others take your joy away.

• Like 2