LumpyGravy

try star citizen for free

Recommended Posts

dont do it, its one big scam, google phrase "star citizen scam" and you will see

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Votip said:

dont do it, its one big scam, google phrase "star citizen scam" and you will see

 

I'm quite aware of what Star Citizen is, but this instruction is worse than useless. It's easy to find scams, both real and imaginary, by simply adding "scam" to the search. 

 

Amazon scam

eBay scam

Red Lobster scam

Walmart scam

Habitat for Humanity scam 

 

And you'll come back with results that sound horrifying.

 

Star Citizen isn't a project that I'd be willing to throw even a dime of money at until it's complete, but I think that calling it a scam is a step too much. I know several people who are quite satisfied with the content that they've been able to play so far. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nekojin said:

I'm quite aware of what Star Citizen is, but this instruction is worse than useless. It's easy to find scams, both real and imaginary, by simply adding "scam" to the search. 

 

Amazon scam

eBay scam

Red Lobster scam

Walmart scam

Habitat for Humanity scam 

 

And you'll come back with results that sound horrifying.

 

Star Citizen isn't a project that I'd be willing to throw even a dime of money at until it's complete, but I think that calling it a scam is a step too much. I know several people who are quite satisfied with the content that they've been able to play so far. 

ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was pretty excited for SC when it was first announced. Freelancer was the bees knees. Looking forward to it being done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Antony said:

I was pretty excited for SC when it was first announced. Freelancer was the bees knees. Looking forward to it being done.

play now, its already more complete than many games that get released and it just gets better month after month

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Star Citizen is the best Alpha you'll ever see.  It uses every processor you have, not just one.  It can be played on a laptop.  And if you take a chance to look at the graphics try to make a comparison.  Game of the future right here right now. get on board.  free to play and check out currently if you know how.  ask for deets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Qwizat said:

Star Citizen is the best Alpha you'll ever see.  It uses every processor you have, not just one.  It can be played on a laptop.  And if you take a chance to look at the graphics try to make a comparison.  Game of the future right here right now. get on board.  free to play and check out currently if you know how.  ask for deets

i once watched someone play star citizen for a couple hours, it was a cool gameplay loop
they would spawn in, half the world and objects would be invisible, the next 30 minutes was them trying to spawn their ship, and either another 15 minutes of the ship glitching, or not spawning until the game crashed and he did the same thing again, two more times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To put this in perspective, I stumped up for NMS when I had some spare cash to throw at an upcoming game that looked like it might be amazing. At launch, it wasn’t, it had a load of issues, it was not the same as the trailers and demos the layers had seen, but I stuck with it, and over the years it grew into a game that actually surpassed the launch trailers, it’s now pretty much a success story, especially considering the early reviews that followed the pre launch hype.

 

Star Citizen has been in development for longer than NMS, has a larger budget and dev team, and still has nothing that’s truly ready for release, it’s not vapourware, it’s not a scam, it is however costly to invest in a game that has taken so long to get nowhere near the lack of polish NMS had at release. Yes, it shows promise, but it’s already outdated in it’s scope, has competition that has actually released and is still developing and releasing content, so it’s not ready for me to invest in yet.

 

i can get my space simulation fun right now with Elite Dangerous, with it’s 1:1 scale galaxy with more star systems than anyone can possibly visit in their lifetime, or lighten  it up with No Man’s Sky and it’s funky coloured backdrops and weird flora and fauna, with it’s 256 galaxies full of procedurally generated systems, or even get into proper space physics with Kerbal Space Program. Star Citizen may be approaching pre beta, but it’s taken so long I’ve frankly lost interest now.

 

Sorry SC, it’s a soft no for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To ma SC is a game waiting for gaming system  that can deliver on something it could not produce at start.. 

As far as i see it is 3 or 4 games that were supposed to be one ..

I may try it when it is released , not before ...

I cant stand that smug face holding a model of ship... makes me think of a used car salesmen ...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have mess with it time to time, but they are very slow in development. Sadly there are so many fans out there are upset and pissed about how far delay they are. I dont remember, but this project been going on for years, either they spend too much time on something that isnt important and should have focus on other issues that needed most.

 

I have never tried or be interesting in that squadron w/e that is, i like sand box type of games. I mess with it few times, its great, but you will need a very good rig to run it. So i just waiting for them to finish up most important parts and be able to do anything through out that system.

 

Another game might interest you, Elite Dangerous i mess with it on PS4 Pro, but i find it boring cause there is no aliens or alien factions in the game. This game is huge though, almost as complex as Star Citizen as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wildelf said:

 

Another game might interest you, Elite Dangerous i mess with it on PS4 Pro, but i find it boring cause there is no aliens or alien factions in the game. This game is huge though, almost as complex as Star Citizen as well.

Err, Thargoids? They pretty much qualify as aliens, Guardians as well, if they ever turn up, so far only sites where they were tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zenity said:

Err, Thargoids? They pretty much qualify as aliens, Guardians as well, if they ever turn up, so far only sites where they were tho.

 

Yeah was told there were Tharqoids whatever those things are, but still need more flavor in the game, making it more interesting. Few alien factions wouldnt hurt, controlling systems. Even for some players might wanna pick up that alien species to play as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have yet to actually get a ship out of the gravity well and into space. I've managed to get out of the hangar once, then wasn't able to get out of the gravity well, and ended up having my ship impounded. The 20+ minute time it takes to get out of bed, go across town, select a ship, and get to the dock assigned is a major useless time-sink, and the biggesst factor in me not wanting to even launch the game again. 

 

Want me to love your game? Don't waste my time with bells and whistles that do nothing useful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually enjoy SC. Even that I couldn't play it fro some time and even that I'm aware of how's the state of this project looks like. Of how many years before beta/ release are still ahead of us. 

I decided to support this project like 2 years ago and i dson't regret. It's not even the fact, that I feel that SC could be an MMO like Space Wurm 2.0 to me, that would allow me to create my own lore in endless sandbox for many years. But i enjoy and i admire ambition behind this project. That's why I support it, even that I know there is a slightly chance that project that huge may never be done. It doesn't stop me from expanding my fleet tho, with Idris waiting just behind a corner lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the Star Citizen lore timeline to get you up to scratch. I bought a ship to get going a while ago and hope the game's developed a bit more before I venture back.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been a backer since 2015,  Can't wait for the 2025 release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2020 at 7:46 AM, Silures said:

Here's the Star Citizen lore timeline to get you up to scratch. I bought a ship to get going a while ago and hope the game's developed a bit more before I venture back.

 

 

 

Like that video, sure look interesting and would like this more than Eve Online and Elite Dangerous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2020 at 1:56 AM, Blaike said:

Been a backer since 2015,  Can't wait for the 2025 release.

 

Yeah, that pretty much sums up my reasons for "no".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

 

Yeah, that pretty much sums up my reasons for "no".

Many games you likely played, been making even longer than 6-8 years. You just didn't heard of their development. RDR2 was making 8 years. Simple Diablo 3 was making over 5 years, most likely even much longer. Final Fantasy XV was in development for 10 years. 
And these games are pretty much nothing, compared to what's Star Citizen aiming scalewise. Here a single core technology is pretty much revolutionary in game dev, and such things takes times. Especially on Lumberyard Engine that was created outta Cry Engine, which was not mentioned for Multiplayer games therefore wasn't even supporting anything. Was choosen in fact only beacause of it's modularity and expanse potential.  

That's not another Battlefield or GTA, that can be made in 2-3 years just refreshing old assets all over again. Just saying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Alkhadias said:

Many games you likely played, been making even longer than 6-8 years. You just didn't heard of their development. RDR2 was making 8 years. Simple Diablo 3 was making over 5 years, most likely even much longer. Final Fantasy XV was in development for 10 years. 
And these games are pretty much nothing, compared to what's Star Citizen aiming scalewise. Here a single core technology is pretty much revolutionary in game dev, and such things takes times. Especially on Lumberyard Engine that was created outta Cry Engine, which was not mentioned for Multiplayer games therefore wasn't even supporting anything. Was choosen in fact only beacause of it's modularity and expanse potential.  

That's not another Battlefield or GTA, that can be made in 2-3 years just refreshing old assets all over again. Just saying. 

 

Heh that GTA5 Online was trash, too many glitches and not enough creative ideas into it. I enjoyed it for awhile then quit, btw the Online Community is very toxic! Sadly i didnt like the single players the story is fine, just didnt want to play out those characters. I perfer to make my own. Very much wanted to make Harley Quinn, even online doesnt even fit in, catching using mods, well kiss your ass good bye!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Alkhadias said:

Many games you likely played, been making even longer than 6-8 years. You just didn't heard of their development. RDR2 was making 8 years. Simple Diablo 3 was making over 5 years, most likely even much longer. Final Fantasy XV was in development for 10 years. 
And these games are pretty much nothing, compared to what's Star Citizen aiming scalewise. Here a single core technology is pretty much revolutionary in game dev, and such things takes times. Especially on Lumberyard Engine that was created outta Cry Engine, which was not mentioned for Multiplayer games therefore wasn't even supporting anything. Was choosen in fact only beacause of it's modularity and expanse potential.  

That's not another Battlefield or GTA, that can be made in 2-3 years just refreshing old assets all over again. Just saying. 

I haven't played any of those games you mentioned, but that's a bit beside the point.

 

My point is that the "developers" have been taking a lot of money (>$300M) for a long time (conservatively 8+ years), and 2025 for a release is pure guesswork, as there is no "commercial" release date.  With no product to sell, they won't be taking my money.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

I haven't played any of those games you mentioned, but that's a bit beside the point.

 

My point is that the "developers" have been taking a lot of money (>$300M) for a long time (conservatively 8+ years), and 2025 for a release is pure guesswork, as there is no "commercial" release date.  With no product to sell, they won't be taking my money.

 

 

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Star Ctizien is imo ready to sell. It is not, certainly. Of course, to get into alpha you gotta pay for pledge pack, but everyone has to consider it twice. It's not buying a game or a ship this or that. It's purely supporting the project.

One can wait without paying for the game release. 
Another might buy a starter pack and be a part of alpha tests.
Yet another can pomp out thousands of dollars into this project. 

Doesn't matter to which group you belong. You can support project in either way. None is forcing you to pay for anything, but if you want to, you are clearly informed at the start- this is alpha testing stage. Not the game to enjoy yet. And I totally get it, so don't think that CIG wants your money without offering anything, because there's no game yet at all. What's more, by paying anything- I feel everyone is pushing themselves in testing, imo responsibility for it (sending reports and discussions for example). Many people somehow believe they are allowed to make demands or grudge on incompleted game loops supposed for testing- just because they paid for pledge. Like they'd buy complete game, where they haven't. 

I'm backing SC project after almost 2 years of research about it. And so far i've dumped about 2500$ into it, knowing, that project that huge might never be released or finished. But i prefer to invest this amount into clear, open development of something I've ever dreamed to see, what is daring, ambitious, than in another game like WoT or Wurm for example, where development is almost non existant, especially in second case, where they are making 10-15 new models(not even?) and features a year, if we're lucky. 

If this project will fail, then it fails. Not a big deal, because even the I'll know that it was worth it, to give it a shoot and support such a thing. Try at least.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now