Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

A little bit of kindness goes a long way

Well described, how the "method" works, tabloid style as already mentioned.  But I think one should not stoke that up again and again. They are not important for us, we are not important for them, just a temporary target for some trolling and drama. Time to go on and turn to more sensible and rewarding topics.

• Like 3

And yet you keep posting too and trying to rebut or whatever every time someone posts, and saying drop it, or 'get the last word' or close the thread, etc. .  lol.  Sorry, not trying to derail, just saying. We all have a "right" to post, just like you do.  Carry on.

• Like 2

Why is all this drama even happening? I've seen much worse reviews on Steam and both MassivelyOP posts just reads like a normal day on the internet.

• Like 1

Growth can only happen by admiting mistakes and making better choices. Anyway, what do I know.

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit

[[Original contents of this post had its context entirely revoked due to moderation - Post Removed]]

Edited by Etherdrifter

1 hour ago, elentari said:

Growth can only happen by admiting mistakes and making better choices. Anyway, what do I know.

It was removed for being off topic. 

This is a thread aiming at reminding people to treat others with respect, not to complain about the WU beta. 

I also removed your other posts as they were unnecessary. 

• Like 1

From what I have seen there are a lot of questions from new people and for the most part they are answered. There have been instances on Cadence (I wont speak for the other servers because I am not there) where new players have been made fun of or given sarcastically wrong answers, which when these folks are already frustrated over basics does not help at all. For the majority of those who take the time to explain I say thank you. For those few going for a quick chuckle at the expense of new players just stop. We were all new once.

• Like 6

Well I think my point on this thread was nicely proven so I'll sum up with a nice thought!

Be kind to new players; you're going to need them!

• Like 4

A extra tooltip or rename of the action could make it more understandable - Flatten a tile means spread out on the same tile, Level is Adjust another tile to same height you are on. I as well, had dozens of new people who asked that question, and they all had problems understanding terraforming.

PS: Very few people did all of the tutoriell and the tutoriell itself did not touch many problems that occured later on. 

Extra tooltips, while NOT on golden valley would be very good!

Edited by Daryan_AT

11 hours ago, Platyna said:

Only criticism can make this world a better place,

Oh, I don't know about that; bacon does a pretty good job.

3 hours ago, Daryan_AT said:

A extra tooltip or rename of the action could make it more understandable - Flatten a tile means spread out on the same tile, Level is Adjust another tile to same height you are on. I as well, had dozens of new people who asked that question, and they all had problems understanding terraforming.

PS: Very few people did all of the tutoriell and the tutoriell itself did not touch many problems that occured later on. 

Extra tooltips, while NOT on golden valley would be very good!

Actually, terraforming was something I only really learned on WU.  The WO tutorial was just too stilted and really went unused too long to be useful (any early digging I tried outside of the giant sandpit resulted in "you do not have permission", "you are not strong enough", "you're too pathetic" kind of messages).  

While the reviewer seemed to have equipping and activating confused, the whole business of activating versus dragging into the craft box is a bit counter-intuitive.  

When i came back a week ago from a long break, i realize that my elf has lost her home and i decided to pick up some stuffs and start out with very limited things. All she has is default pottery bowl, four decent green apples and two cottons, also her sailboat and glad it didnt sink to the bottom. While being naked and without tools, esp that steel and flint, wanted to see how i will manage. Roaming around Indy for like four plus days straight. Found few places i could deed, but someone put alot of work on those plots and i will feel sad if the owner ever came back, of course others would take regardless, but that isnt me.

She manage to get herself up and running with decent tools and a place to settle. I did manage to make few other elves, but this one was unique and my very first character i was playing and believe she been gone for almost a year.

• Cat 1

I was so kind to this dude he mentioned me in an article

Screenshot-20201002-215018-Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

A tutorial that, by the way, I did indeed do; it’s literally impossible not to do the tutorial. I couldn’t get in to a different island until I got through the tutorial. The tutorial was done.

Unless a change I am not aware of was made, the tutorial requires you to make a campfire, he had no steel and flint and obviously didn't know how to light the fire without it. The conclusion I leave to you. 

Spoiler

My BS detector went off-scale. Some people will tell you they didn't eat your chocolate even when having it all over their faces. 

Edited by Platyna

1 hour ago, Platyna said:

Unless a change I am not aware of was made, the tutorial requires you to make a campfire

The new tutorial does not require you to make a campfire. And you wouldn't believe how many new players accidentally drop some of their starter items in the tutorial zone, so it is not at all implausible that he didn't have it.

4 hours ago, Yaga said:

The new tutorial does not require you to make a campfire. And you wouldn't believe how many new players accidentally drop some of their starter items in the tutorial zone, so it is not at all implausible that he didn't have it.

Oh, that's weird, the ability to light the fire is useful one, well it seems he dropped it. 

6 hours ago, Platyna said:

Unless a change I am not aware of was made, the tutorial requires you to make a campfire, he had no steel and flint and obviously didn't know how to light the fire without it. The conclusion I leave to you. 

Hide contents

My BS detector went off-scale. Some people will tell you they didn't eat your chocolate even when having it all over their faces. 

The new tutorial does not have a campfire requirement. Please let the matter drop.