Sign in to follow this  
Camaril

Saddle Racks more useful

I really wish I could store saddle bags and horse shoes in my saddle rack. I would like to be able to keep these horse items all together. It seems very reasonable to be able to keep them there with the saddle. The saddlebags especially, even if not the horseshoes. Why don't they go in there?

• Like 8

Yeah i agree.

I made a saddle rack,  tried to store the saddles with bags in them, did not fit, put them back in the large storage thingy, saddle rack is sad now. 

• Like 2

i do agree with the suggestion, however dont really get why ppl put bags on their saddles? its not like you can use them unless horse is tamed.. but then who even rides a tamed horse so every mob would attack it.. Those saddle bags are useless the way they are..

I don't want to be that guy, but I think there are better containers for storing saddles and horse shoes, like large storage units.

4 hours ago, Skatyna said:

i do agree with the suggestion, however dont really get why ppl put bags on their saddles? its not like you can use them unless horse is tamed.. but then who even rides a tamed horse so every mob would attack it.. Those saddle bags are useless the way they are..

you can use also if horse is branded and wont get atacked that way

• Like 1

The saddle rack is a nice decorative item for the stable but if my saddle is there I want to be able to keep the saddle bags with it.

11 hours ago, Skatyna said:

They are great on branded horses.  I stick extra bits and bobs in them, mostly husbandry stuff as well as some food and and a water skin, but also use them as a handy container for some heavy stuff so I am not too slowed down.

The problem with racks is that they aren't racks but are really boxes and they have had filters applied to what can be placed in them.  You can put 15 saddles in a rack but you can't even put 1 saddle if it has bags.

Agreed - this item needs more work by the Devs to make it truly useful.

15 hours ago, TheTrickster said:

They are great on branded horses.

hmm, maybe freedom servers work different. last i checked on pvp server, even the horse was branded i still could not put stuff in the saddle bag, just take out of them

13 hours ago, Skatyna said:

hmm, maybe freedom servers work different. last i checked on pvp server, even the horse was branded i still could not put stuff in the saddle bag, just take out of them

Interesting.  It would be good if this kind of thing was either colour coded in the menus or when you get the denial message it mentions "on this island" or something so you know it is server-specific.