Sign in to follow this  
Ripsipiirakka

Freedom Navigation tips

Okay this is my thread how to navigate and travel through Freedom. As we all know there are several areas that are almost totally unaccessible by foot. This thread is about how to go around them and find fastest way to do it.

I am going to post highly updated map of community map... yes it's crap and made by paint but what can you do since no one else is doing it. Also most of the stuff there aren't pixel accurate so their size maybe bigger or smaller but they are somewhat on their real places.

Route to south from silent hill at East is only by boat on coast or taking huge walk across the inland towards Eastern tundra

there isn't other passable routes than those unless you like climbing... alot.

Also other important notice to travelers,explores alike: Way to south from Unmapped/colossus lake is only by east coast or very dangerous hill route towards silent hill, beware crocs and scorpions on hill range.

At south getting to most of the steppes is by crystal lake. There is few hundred tiles of grass and some hills between them.

But not on the one that is near crystal canal.

West is really mountainous with only few areas that are passable inland. Mouse hole to east is almost clear route all the way to inner sea. Also in north-west there is a lagoon like formation with hills surrounding it. There is El ranch grande in middle.

To get there you need to either climb from north coast to it or go there from road that begins in kinsaitos or Brovegas.

South-west is easy part... it's mostly mountainous but there is this huge bay (i think it was ahkenaten bay?) which holds some very known towns. Middle part of south is mountainous/hilly too. Untill we get to south-east part where lays Free bears and crystal canal. It has some very big mountains and another big mountain range on S-E corner areas.

East coast is mostly steep hill so don't expect to find flat land on coast. And west coast... don't get me started. It's mostly mountainous with few areas inbetween where you might go to.

I am going to let the map do the most of the talking now...

First map here is original one i made without any navigation helping stuff:

4taxlk.jpg

This second one here has navigation helping graphs. Green arrows and lines are showing areas where you can travel easily.

Yellow ones show abit harder terrain but still manageble. Red ones show areas where you can hardly go into or not at all.

301pms2.jpg

So these were my tips when traveling on freedom also always when going inland keep eye open for many aggro animals you might encounter because there are swarming ammounts of them on deserted areas and in deep forrests.

Everyone may feel free to post critic and their own tips. Remember... Land marks are our friends!

Thers a 2 tile road all way from Canis to Port Anknenon near the tundra on the SW  section running along the cliff there with appropriate guard towers along the route  and ramps leading to flinters farm.  Gorm has his own tunnel headed east all way out to the marsh next to the tundra.

PHeonix Enterprises is in the process of making a desert along there for easier visibility and hunting...

Sometime someone will start editing the map again and the new road system will become visible.  But that whole sw section is walkable in scale armor...lol

Well it's abit hard to tell from my memories since i have been there only once.  :P

And about 3-4 months ago too.

Well it's abit hard to tell from my memories since i have been there only once.  :P

And about 3-4 months ago too.

Come again, you are welcome :)

I will in december. I am going to visit other important places too.

Guess i would say its my traveling season :P

I will in december. I am going to visit other important places too.

Guess i would say its my traveling season :P

Dude ... when is not your travelling season? ;)

a 2 tile road all way from Canis to Port Akhenaten

Also, I expect to have my road (just one tile, but scenic) from Port Anknenon to APintP (just north) done by the end of the weekend.

Akhenaten.?(??k??n??t?n) Ak-he-na-ten.

ROFL!

I won't tell you what Traxx calls Akhenaten sometimes. He just can't remember that name ;D

hmm I could have sworn it took the special pro-nun-ski-atin symbols when I submited it first time...oh well.

Update!

A bit unfinished road from Silent Hill to colossus lake and Harmony point (which is unfinished too)

So there is a route from Samling all the way to Silent hill.