Sign in to follow this  
Nekojin

Are Settlement pages still a thing?

I was leafing through the Wiki today, and found a reference to Player pages and Settlement pages. This gradually took me to the Settlements page, and it seems that there's no entry for North Isles settlements, either per server or collectively. Is this an oversight that should be corrected, or are player Settlements no longer a Wiki-worthy entry? 

I started on Indy on Creek Heights close to Mystery Glade which IS listed on the wiki settlements page. Both are sadly gone.

I have not seen any recent settlements added to the pages. This may be because of time needed to add the settlement to the wiki or simply because many settlements can be very transient.

Not sure about other people, but I would love to read about other settlements and what they are all about.

If not possible to do this through the wiki, maybe use a thread for each server where a person could do this if they want to take part? It would create a simple written history of each server in the same way as the Domesday Book.

In the past you used to be able to right click on players and go "what's this" and it would send you to an in-game wiki. You'll see some pages like Player:Ols for instance as well. I'm pretty sure you could right click on tokens as well and you'd get up a page for something like Settlement:Silent Hill.

I believe more people could edit the wiki before than now. 

They removed a lot of people and somewhat restricted it, so you have less average players making pages about themselves or their deed

Kind of shame really 

On 9/15/2020 at 5:19 PM, atazs said:

I believe more people could edit the wiki before than now. 

They removed a lot of people and somewhat restricted it, so you have less average players making pages about themselves or their deed

Kind of shame really 

This is a myth that players have been spreading for a while that is not the case. Staff that were handling the wiki over 6 years ago had removed the ability to register for a wiki account. For over 4 years now, players who were not brand new to the game were allowed to request an account be created. Then approximately 2 years ago, the restriction was removed so anyone may request an account. The wiki itself was not up to date due to shuffling web developers not having the resources or time to be able to update this in the back end, but there has always been a form to request an account be created for you here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdDOK3yjfJY7NAnVyAfBedv-xk1Sq12oEA00qCjcwz9aMbkmQ/viewform?c=0&w=1

On 9/9/2020 at 3:58 PM, Nekojin said:

I was leafing through the Wiki today, and found a reference to Player pages and Settlement pages. This gradually took me to the Settlements page, and it seems that there's no entry for North Isles settlements, either per server or collectively. Is this an oversight that should be corrected, or are player Settlements no longer a Wiki-worthy entry? 

Settlement and Player pages are only created by settlement and player owners. If a player doesn't want to put their settlement on the wiki, that is their choice. No editor or staff member will modify a player, settlement or user page without express consent from the owner (exceptions apply such as vandalism, broken links, formatting changes, or other discretion of Wurmpedia Staff).  As such, these namespaces do not serve as up to date or accurate information but more of a forum for people to advertise or describe their villages. Anything on the Main namespace (that is, an article that does not have a prefix + a colon before the title) is maintained, verified, and updated by players and staff. 

• Like 2