Sign in to follow this  
Groot

Add WL "Pain Rain" Equivalent

Recommended Posts

Tornado is an under/unused spell that needs a rework

Regardless of if WL's "Pain rain" equivalent is worked into tornado or not, it's a 30 second cast which are rarely able to be casted in PvP. I've yet to see it used, yet alone effectively - ever.
An alternative is to work it into Fo as some sort of "entangling roots" spell or something on a 10 second cast, that does a reasonable amount of damage. The rotting effect is whatever, but currently there's no suitable WL alternative to Pain Rain.
 


Timestamped you can see some of the damage Pain Rain does.

If it's put onto Vynora, I suggest possibly lowering the base damage, but increasing the damage of a high power cast, similar to Hypothermia / Inferno differences.

tl;dr
rework tornado to be a 10 second aoe that does reasonable damage or give similar to fo instead
obviously, difficulty, favor cost to be put into similar positions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Add BL equivalent for: CoC Nimble Mindstealer Mend Wisdom of Vynora

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cipacadrinho said:

Add BL equivalent for: CoC Nimble Mindstealer Mend Wisdom of Vynora

Don't forget LT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cipacadrinho said:

Add BL equivalent for: CoC Nimble Mindstealer Mend Wisdom of Vynora

Dont forget an BL equivalent for : Genesis and cure spells so we dont have to spam Scorn in fights. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They also really need to fix pillar spells, right now it feels like they do nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The spells interaction is significantly different than pillars, and at the point of the linked video, a cast ( low power, more than likely ) is doing 10% of players health in an AoE instantly after the 10 second cast. White light has no viable pvp spell that compares.
The thread is about reworking an unused spell, in a priest that's rarely seen in PvP situations into something that's usable.
If Pain Rain was a 30 second cast, balanced with Tornado, it would also be an unused spell.

If your kingdoms agenda is to try to gain an advantage by trolling suggestion threads that would change the outcome of fights by just about nothing, power to you, but it's not a good look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give BL equivalent of 10% extra xp on 95% of skills.

 

Also:  

 

4ed0ym.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

actually i wouldn't care if tentacles was reworked, but i think if we're changing pvp spells it should be more comprehensive- there's more than just tentacles that needs changes.

all the AOE spells need to be fixed, enchants on both sides needs some changes (venom/ED for example)

Vynora having a damaging aoe spell like libila seems fine to me, as it doesnt make any of the pvp-centric priests that much better, but still provides that sort of niche for WL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Groot said:

If your kingdoms agenda is to try to gain an advantage by trolling suggestion threads that would change the outcome of fights by just about nothing, power to you, but it's not a good look.

 

Who's trolling the thread ed-boy? Thin-skinned maybe? All I see are people talking about fixing aoe spells in general and someone not remembering essence drain is a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also add please equivalent of domination for Libila, zombies lasts for 24 hours and their damage are limited, you cant find new champion troll every day for pvp...
Delete priests, they are not equivalent to craft or give spells for every one O_o
We as libila got very limited versions of all spells is it fair? Why we cant have just one spell better than yours?
WTT Tornado buff for zomie rebirth lasts for ever, not just 24 hours, and remove damage limit please, we will bring to fight 10+ champ trolls and you will cry again... How can zombie die that fast, that ridiculous! What will happen with pvp if you will level all pvp characters as priests and get 10 champs trolls, 10 heals, 10 mass stam? Do you think this is will be fair? Your "problem" we are all priests who want pvp, at most part, but you for some reasone decided to not be priests, i seen only few mag on your side, that ridiculous!

Edited by Nelsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem its the fact JK only cast 2 spells the whole fight, thats why you lost not because scorn or painrain is Op. Lib Priests have always been spell heavy and thats still the case. This is balanced by both WL combat priests having single target heals so they can heal themselfs. Mag having +15% melee damage, Fo having refresh, etc etc. If we took the same group in the video and switched roles BL playing WL and WL playing BL, the same group would have still won. This screenshot illustrates why. If you homogenized all the priests, the same group would have still won that fight. Giving WL a painrain or buffing LOF isnt going to change anything.


unknown.png?width=1226&height=677

 

 

Edited by Threap
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Threap said:

The problem its the fact JK only cast 2 spells the whole fight, thats why you lost not because scorn or painrain is Op. Lib Priests have always been spell heavy and thats still the case. This is balanced by both WL combat priests having single target heals so they can heal themselfs. Mag having +15% melee damage, Fo having refresh, etc etc. If we took the same group in the video and switched roles BL playing WL and WL playing BL, the same group would have still won. This screenshot illustrates why. If you homogenized all the priests, the same group would have still won that fight. Giving WL a painraid or buffing LOF isnt going to change anything.

This suggestion isn't in response to any recent fights, just re balancing what was obviously intended to be WL's version of pain rain that isn't worth casting in it's current form.

Vynora brings nothing unique to a fight except Excel, which is arguably a worse buff than Truehit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Groot said:

This suggestion isn't in response to any recent fights, just re balancing what was obviously intended to be WL's version of pain rain that isn't worth casting in it's current form.

Vynora brings nothing unique to a fight except Excel, which is arguably a worse buff than Truehit.

 

But what you are asking for is to homogenize the priests, WL dont need version of Pain rain, Lib have always been magic heavy because you have other tools and to offset it, like what I mentioned mag melee, single target heals, refresh, mass refresh etc.

Edited by Threap
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Threap said:

 

But what you are asking for is to homogenize the priests, WL dont need version of Pain rain, Lib have always been magic heavy because you have other tools and to offset it, like what I mentioned mag melee, single target heals, refresh, mass refresh etc.

WL has a version, it's basically unusable in PvP due to the cast timer.
Vyn isn't a strong PvP priest (nor will this make it strong), the only reason I can see you guys pushing back is because it doesn't benefit yourselves.

Edited by Groot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Groot said:

WL has a version, it's basically unusable in PvP due to the cast timer.
Vyn isn't a strong PvP priest (nor will this make it strong), the only reason I can see you guys pushing back is because it doesn't benefit yourselves.

Read my previous post, i edited it, what you gonna tell about this? Not everything should be equivalent, Vynora have its own good sides.

Vynora have other not bad spells, dont be shy to use it. Did you even tryed it?
Annotation%202020-09-09%20230710.png?psi


Annotation%202020-09-09%20225703.png?psi

If you dont like me thats doesnt means all that i sad have no sense, and in case you wanna move your idea farther you have to cover other sides of minds or critics by your strong arguments, but not like this, otherwise make such threads are pointless. If you cant say anyhthing even for my "######", as you thinking, then why you think you are right, if im so wrong, that you even cant tell a word about theme. If you want be stronger, level more priests that are strong in pvp by your opinion, that's all the balance here. You got three kind of god for choose: Mag are good offencive priest, FO are good support priest, and Vynora are Utility priest with awesome spells for pve side, good enchants for PVP, but it have attack spells as bonus - thats not bad at all, you also able to spam like 10-20 times per fight aoe spells like Ice pillar and Tentacles - this is not bad spells, tentacles will also slow target, and when enemy block Tentacles attacks he cant block more attacks per second and he bocome weaker for focus fire, that only one part about how you able to use these spells, but i never seen you trying, only few spells for whole fight.

Edited by Nelsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Groot said:

WL has a version, it's basically unusable in PvP due to the cast timer.
Vyn isn't a strong PvP priest (nor will this make it strong), the only reason I can see you guys pushing back is because it doesn't benefit yourselves.

 

I explained TWICE my reason for pushing back, yet you seem to be a sore loser and now every enemy opinion is bias and therefore invalid. If the roles were reversed our group would have still won and you would be on here suggesting that LIB needs some fo or mag equivalent ability/spell because you chalk up a loss to that one ability rather than accepting you lost to a better group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nelse 1 :  Groob 0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Threap said:

because you chalk up a loss to that one ability rather than accepting you lost to a better group.

pain rain was casted 3 times in the last fight that you're referencing
chev's didn't hit any players or pets

it's nothing to do with the last fight, like you think it does. It was a non factor, and not the reason for the thread.
You listed abilities a bunch of other non-vynora priests have for a reason why Tornado shouldn't be tweaked to being a usable spell.

The video of the MR fight is just showing the power of pain rain, which is not comparable to pillar spells.

Edited by Groot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Groot said:

pain rain was casted 3 times in the last fight that you're referencing
chev's didn't hit any players or pets

it's nothing to do with the last fight, like you think it does. It was a non factor, and not the reason for the thread.
You listed abilities a bunch of other non-vynora priests have for a reason why Tornado shouldn't be tweaked to being a usable spell.


More improtant question you have to ask yourself that why you cast only one Fire Pillar for whole fight, and didnt bring with you any dominated creature. You just dont use your possibilites properly, so in such case nothing can help you except yourself. This is only one part of gameplay we can see now, just for few minutes of video you show us how you not prepared for PVP, and we can only guess what possibilities of gameplay you missed up more, low skills, low ql gear, no enchants, no buffs, no potions, nothing, no priests, no casts, maybe we can add your uncontrolled panic to this - if you miss all of this, why we even talking about libilas spells, you have so many things to do.

Edited by Nelsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Nelsy said:


More improtant question you have to ask yourself that why you cast only one Fire Pillar for whole fight, and didnt bring with you any dominated creature. 

[2020-09-07] [15:59:33] You start leading an aged tortoise.
[2020-09-07] [16:15:16] You start to cast Shard of Ice on adolescent fat Happywind.
[2020-09-07] [16:15:38] You start to cast Shard of Ice on young Brisksad.
[2020-09-07] [16:15:44] You start to cast Shard of Ice on young Brisksad.
[2020-09-07] [16:16:01] You start to cast Shard of Ice on adolescent Swifthalt.

You have no idea what you're talking about, and this isn't in reference to a single fight, or any fight.
You're obviously new to the game, and that's cool. You just should get your facts straight before you post.

None of these things are related to the actual thread.

Edited by Groot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Groot said:

[2020-09-07] [15:59:33] You start leading an aged tortoise.
[2020-09-07] [16:15:16] You start to cast Shard of Ice on adolescent fat Happywind.
[2020-09-07] [16:15:38] You start to cast Shard of Ice on young Brisksad.
[2020-09-07] [16:15:44] You start to cast Shard of Ice on young Brisksad.
[2020-09-07] [16:16:01] You start to cast Shard of Ice on adolescent Swifthalt.

You have no idea what you're talking about, and this isn't in reference to a single fight, or any fight.
You're obviously new to the game, and that's cool. You just should get your facts straight before you post.

None of these things are related to the actual thread.

 

Start to cast doesnt means you end it successfuly xD But nevermind

You reffer to Libila's Pain Rain like it strong, like it only one reasone why BL wining, and that why Tornado should be strong too, but as i told you got on White Light side your own best spells and our side we got ours. And im will be happy if your tornado will get lower cast time like 15 seconds, but i dont like the idea that spells on WL will get buffs in puprose to get equal, while on BL will not and we will still have there limited versions of your spells. For example your enchant Nimbleness are one of the best enchants and our buff True Hit we cant compare with it, we cant buff everyone and sustain it, but can enchant everyones gear. You got very strong buffs on FO priest which are much stronger than ours, and this is fine too. You got Life Transfer enchant which is much better than our Essense Drain like 3 times. You got awesome Heal spells on FO priest, and few FO priests can turn PVP completly because of that. Mag priests got great buffs and awesome  Domination wich is uncomparable with ours Rebirth. If our attack spells have high usability, then your heals can cover it and that you got not enough of FO or Mag priests for PVP thats not our problem, that you prefer to choose PVE priests for grinding with COC, but it doesnt means your spells complete useless, you still have quick AOE spells too, and strong one target spells. FO priests able to make you 5 speed horses for all your rainds which is incradeble use in PVP, but we cant. As i told before, we got same situation with many spells, for detailed example the spells like Rebirth (zombi raise - very limited up to half damage and lasts for only one day and can be distroyed by one FO's spell) vs Domination (make pet for ever, life long, which you probably able to set Care and have for ever, with possibility to breed chempions creatures and always have them in PVP) thats incredebly pvp change thing if you have many of them, and this is totally fine. But you want get equal spells, lets do it equal for all of us then, and then you will feel how strong spells you got on WL if we will use them again you. Yeah, call me newbie, but this will change nothing for you personally, only get illusion that you better, you dont know about me anything, you have to focus on yourself and what you missed in this game. There is alot things on Libila side that worse compare with WL priests, if we will balance(equal) it all, then what a point to have differend priests with "differend" only by animation spells.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Groot said:

i'm not reading that

Here not only you who read this forum, you silly... I dont care read you or not, people who read it will see how you wrong. And I'm not the one here who trying to get the Tornado buff.

Edited by Nelsy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WL 30 sec casts are really useless. however i agree that Libila should have advantage in rain as lacks in other areas. however, WL gods 30s cast could be lowered to 17-20secs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Skatyna for bringing the thread back on the rails. Indeed, balance between priests in PvP is a delicate subject and should not be poisoned by immature quabbles like in this thread. Your victories or defeats belong into Skirmishes forums and should be deleted here by a forum mod, and the participants spanked with a warning.

 

To my observation, Libila lacks in spell power compared to other deities in practically every field, and excels only by universality. That gives Libila priests the advantage of linking, though it is not clear how that counts in a highly mobile combat situation. And Pain Rain seems to be indeed ways more useful than Tornado in the recent version, but so is e.g. LoF over Scorn (though Scorn still is useful beyond doubt). To decide, the general picture must be seen. A single combat outcome can hardly tell much over WL-BL balance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this