Sign in to follow this  
TheTrickster

Cadence Wonders - Community Projects

So what monuments to Wurm culture are we planning for Cadence?  There are highway projects under-weigh and it seems canals are in the offing and some guard towers have gone up.  These are all good practical, even necessary, civil infrastructure projects.  But what about how we shape this new land to say "this is who we are"? .

Here' are some ideas for "starters".

1.  A mountain top lookout in the South, atop the mountain range overlooking Encore.  

Currently I am building a 1x1 open frame lookout platform.  This is strictly for looking from, not for looking at for the time being.  I had thought about deeding the spot, but I just sold off my deed because I don't particularly want a deed.  There is also a relatively close-by deed and I haven't made contact with the owner yet.  If I deed it, I will stick a sign next to it asking for donations to upkeep.  That way, it only stays there for as long as people want it to.  I do plan to open up permission on the building, so that others can add their touch to it.  I have started with a timber arch frame specifically because it is minimalist, giving plenty of scope for others leave their mark through replacing walls etc.  I want to have a couple of nice places to sit and gaze, but the money shot is always going to be the panorama from the top.  Even without a lookout, the views are already stupendous!

2.  Similar lookout type structures in some of the other lofty perches.

3.  A ziggurat.  I mean a stupidly big one.  A whole city-in-a-building.  From the map it looks like there are a few open plains that could be candidates for such a marvel.

4.  A cliff-city.  Well, maybe not a full on cliff, but certainly a mountainside as steep as we can get it, with buildings perched on little ledges and suspension bridges across yawning gaps.

Actually, one thing sadly lacking is a river canyon with steep walls, so we can put rickety bridges across  🙂.

What else?  What would you like to create that could become a star in the next round of promo videos to really show what is possible?

Wot, no takers?

If you're not careful, I will just go all Aussie and start putting Big Things by the highways.

You know, Pineapple, Prawn, Banana, that sort of thng.

I mean, its a bit early. People are working on advancing themselves and their deeds at the moment :) I certainly am!

I can say with certainty that, while I have some big ambitions down the road, I'm not even done building my house, as I only got to 30 Masonry a few days ago, and need to prepare a few dozen (thousand) bricks and mortar. After that, I'm making a bridge for public access for crossing our canal, and then working on a mix of finishing the canal and participating in the Highway Project. Oh, and maybe help a neighbor or two build some access bridges, as well. 

You know... small-time stuff. ;)

I'm making my deed into a bit of a temple to Fo. But only just getting done with the terraformimg so it may still be a bit. 

I am not asking people to start on stuff now.  I am just trying to get some discussion and ideas going on what people would like to do, or perhaps plan do to at some point.

I figure with things like the Highway Project swinging into gear, it could be good for people to think about other public civil engineering they may want so as to perhaps set aside some areas etc.

I think I have already experienced a big benefit of the nomadic life.  I banged up a basic lookout tower and have now moved on.  I will circle back around when my skills are a bit better and improve the tower, but I have no need of extensive terraforming.

I’m thinking of digging a lot of dirt and then making a big pile of dirt. Like a really big one. Maybe a house will go at the top of it but idk how I would get up there 

• Like 1

There has been some talk of setting up a market somewhere.

I think it would be great to have a major public market for the server.  To me L17 would be a good location.  That map square is pretty much the centre of the land mass.

• Like 1

Cadence Developers! - The Encore Bridge project is well underway which will connect The South and East Coasts with The North and West.  This project circumvents the mountain range.  There are three small bridge sections remaining and the last island is being completed. The O19/O20 Canal - Ship passage needs to start connecting the inland seas and allow for boat travel between Encore and Sonata.  This will allow for market development/seaport connections along the shorelines.  Keep up the development.  You can PM Belkin in-game for updates!

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 3:33 AM, Belkin said:

Cadence Developers! - The Encore Bridge project is well underway which will connect The South and East Coasts with The North and West.  This project circumvents the mountain range.  There are three small bridge sections remaining and the last island is being completed. The O19/O20 Canal - Ship passage needs to start connecting the inland seas and allow for boat travel between Encore and Sonata.  This will allow for market development/seaport connections along the shorelines.  Keep up the development.  You can PM Belkin in-game for updates!

I am not often on Cadence anymore, but this sounds really good.  I was looking at the map only the other day and thinking about how badly Cadence needs more bridges and canals.  Nice work.

So as an update... The Encore Bay Bridge has been completed and the Highway from Encore to New Haven has been activated!  A special shout-out to east-coasters for helping lighting it up, install the guardrails, and pave the islands!

• Like 1