Sign in to follow this  
CistaCista

Wurm Online being skinned alive

1 minute ago, SirMuttley said:

I agree, however it is quite obvious that the reviewer was "mad on arrival" and I doubt *anything* can be posted in response to change their opinion of the game. They (purposely??) missed some very important concepts that are taught during the very short tutorial and tried to jump into advanced play within a short time of starting... without bothering to ask anyone for help or advice. I think at least some of the negativity in the response posts is actually a response to the obvious hatchet job of a "review". That said, I didn't register on the site to respond because I didn't want to give the blog post any credence.

Well I agree, to a point, that he would possibly not have changed his own opinions. Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't.  But I do believe that the responses to his article set the *tone* and painted the picture of the Wurm community as well as that they could have clarified things for the readers & potential new players. They are who, I think, we should be thinking about impressing more-so than the writer.  Although I will admit I'm feeling some sympathy for the poor guy.  He didn't come across to me as trying to do a hatchet job on the game, but that's my impression and obviously not what a lot of others saw.  What I saw was frustration. And Wurm can, after all, be very frustrating no matter how long we've been playing it so I tend to make allowances.  lol.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Amadee said:

Well I agree, to a point, that he would possibly not have changed his own opinions. Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't.  But I do believe that the responses to his article set the *tone* and painted the picture of the Wurm community as well as that they could have clarified things for the readers & potential new players. They are who, I think, we should be thinking about impressing more-so than the writer.  Although I will admit I'm feeling some sympathy for the poor guy.  He didn't come across to me as trying to do a hatchet job on the game, but that's my impression and obviously not what a lot of others saw.  What I saw was frustration. And Wurm can, after all, be very frustrating no matter how long we've been playing it so I tend to make allowances.  lol.

You are correct that the response posts would be for the other readers, and as such it would have been good if only positive things were posted (hence me not posting, I'm not PC). That said, the dude *didn't even ask* for help in any way shape or form. That really strikes me personally, because I'm an extreme introvert and even I had the fortitude to ask a few questions in local/CA. You'd think someone reviewing a game on a predominately MMORPG site would want to, you know, play online with other people?

• Like 1

The Author is literally saying that the Wiki TOLD him that a Forge only works with Charcoal.

What would you call that... if not simply Liar?

Because he COULD NOT read that on the Wiki, because it is NOT THERE.

• Like 1

One should be very careful in calling someone a liar and ascribing malicious intent when they may merely be confused and misinformed.  The guy was trying to make steel, for the misguided purpose of making steel & flint.  If you look up steel lump, it makes references to charcoal.  https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Steel_lump  Those of us who know the game know forges and iron and steel & flint, etc, etc.  It was also noted by someone in comments that the steel & flint was missing from the newbie packs for a short time.  Wow, a bug in Wurm?  lol.  Go figure, but anyway.  To give the guy the benefit of the doubt, I tried to follow his (il)logic and I can see where he got the impression since if you've never played, you don't even know what to look up on the wiki sometimes, much less how to interpret it.  He did call finding info a "rabbit hole."  That alone should tell you he was struggling.  Sorry if I sound like I'm defending the guy, when in truth he may not deserve defending. But on the other hand, I think a lot of people are jumping to some very toxic conclusions that may not even be true.

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Amadee said:

One should be very careful in calling someone a liar and ascribing malicious intent when they may merely be confused and misinformed.  The guy was trying to make steel, for the misguided purpose of making steel & flint.  If you look up steel lump, it makes references to charcoal.  https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Steel_lump  Those of us who know the game know forges and iron and steel & flint, etc, etc.  It was also noted by someone in comments that the steel & flint was missing from the newbie packs for a short time.  Wow, a bug in Wurm?  lol.  Go figure, but anyway.  To give the guy the benefit of the doubt, I tried to follow his (il)logic and I can see where he got the impression since if you've never played, you don't even know what to look up on the wiki sometimes, much less how to interpret it.  He did call finding info a "rabbit hole."  That alone should tell you he was struggling.  Sorry if I sound like I'm defending the guy, when in truth he may not deserve defending. But on the other hand, I think a lot of people are jumping to some very toxic conclusions that may not even be true.

Lets just quote that from the Article:

*So, in order to use a forge you need charcoal. *

Edited by Caduryn

1 minute ago, Caduryn said:

Lets just quote that from the Article.....

*So, in order to use a forge you need charcoal. *

Yes, he did come away with that impression, even though it was wrong. But can you not see how he could have gotten that impression in the first place if that's the only wiki article he looked at for his purpose of making steel?  Give the guy a break.  Maybe he hadn't gotten around to reading up on how to use a forge.  I'm not saying you're totally wrong.  Hell, maybe the guy really is a Wurm hater and making stuff up to damage the game and making up lies.  Anything is possible.  But how can you say for a fact he's truly a malicious liar intentionally trying to damage the game?  Have you never misunderstood anything and then acted and spoken according to what you think you found out?  And does that then make you a liar?  lol.   Maybe he was and maybe he wasn't, but how would you feel if it was you?

@Amadee they wrote themselves they are not doing any research or use constructive critics - a staff member said it in a comment in the discussion. 

3 minutes ago, Amadee said:

Yes, he did come away with that impression, even though it was wrong. But can you not see how he could have gotten that impression in the first place if that's the only wiki article he looked at for his purpose of making steel?  Give the guy a break.  Maybe he hadn't gotten around to reading up on how to use a forge.  I'm not saying you're totally wrong.  Hell, maybe the guy really is a Wurm hater and making stuff up to damage the game and making up lies.  Anything is possible.  But how can you say for a fact he's truly a malicious liar intentionally trying to damage the game?  Have you never misunderstood anything and then acted and spoken according to what you think you found out?  And does that then make you a liar?  lol.   Maybe he was and maybe he wasn't, but how would you feel if it was you?

You are making more about it then it is....

*To USE a Forge* can´t be missreaded....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Caduryn said:

You are making more about it then it is....

*To USE a Forge* can´t be missreaded....

And as I said, yes that was the impression he came away with from what he'd read so far, even though it was wrong.  No argument there. So please don't try to make it sound like there is.  I said HE misunderstood, not that you misunderstood him.  Jeez!!!

Wow.  Well all I can say is I think maybe the impression people got from the comments over there are true after all. Maybe this community is exactly what they think it is.  What a angry, judgemental bunch.  lol.    edit: fortunately I don't really believe that.  This is a great community, in general.  Just a few angry, judgemental types.  :)

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 1

I didn't see Wurm getting butchered, I just saw a confused new player using his editorial account to vent. Wurm has a steep learning curve for new players, that's part of what makes Wurm so great, because achievements here are truly earned, as apposed to achievements in many other games, which are tossed around casually and easily obtained... that's what many gamers are used to now; games that are inviting for the masses, Wurm is inviting to a much smaller niche that can appreciate her. 

• Like 2

Hahahaha like it would matter what they say anyway how many people really sit through those posts and go "oh so its a shitty game because he started it out and was saying how he wasnt going to use the resources at hand to learn about it and believes its got some weird bs going on this game must suck"

I read through it and all i wanted to do is call his boss tell them to take it down throw ca help and global and the wiki at their faces and tell them to read and ask questions they are reporters and reporters have a task to report the truth not lies so them stating they wont use the wiki and then getting confused and then only reading part of the wiki and then going "herp derp i dont know how this works" like come on
This is the same bs that has happened in the past with "popular" people coming to wurm the staff try to accommodate and be all caring and try to stand up for them when the community calls them out for their bs(remember bashur anyone?) and its not until later on that staff go "oh ya maybe we should actually listen to the community as a whole"

As for what he wrote? he clearly needs to accept that asking questions in ca is something you do or you watch yt vids or read the wiki we do this for every game if it was a "honest first impression" review then sure i can understand not wanting to use outside sources and experience it yourself with no help and struggle like hell but it isnt its a written style lets play which is supposed to be entertaining and a learning experience for people who are potentially wanting to play the game so do your dam homework

People who think "oh no this is going to ruin wurm we must be all nice and kind to these people" are wrong wurm survived a bunch of "famous" and "big" youtubers and wanna be journalists trashing the game over the years with their made up bs or straight up ignorance and refusal to learn how to play and it will do so here again
If he quits because 3-4 people call him out for being an idiot then please as your job is a journalist get a thicker skin or stop being a journalist and remember 3-4 people does not mean the entire community so anyone spouting bs of "oh it paints the whole community in a bad light" is just trying to make this issue way bigger then it is

In the end this is but 1 random post on a place that holds no real power written by a guy who thinks he can learn to fly a spaceshuttle without going through training and frankly that is what wurm is a spaceshuttle of a game to try and act like it isnt is just silly its not a simple game it never will be you want simple go play minecraft

Its sad how people want to defend him when he clearly did a bad job like no you did a bad job we will call you out on it not doing so leads to arrogance and more bs(looking at you fox news and cnn as 2 examples)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Whane said:

I didn't see Wurm getting butchered, I just saw a confused new player using his editorial account to vent. Wurm has a steep learning curve for new players, that's part of what makes Wurm so great, because achievements here are truly earned, as apposed to achievements in many other games, which are tossed around casually and easily obtained... that's what many gamers are used to now; games that are inviting for the masses, Wurm is inviting to a much smaller niche that can appreciate her. 

He is not a regular Joe, a confused player, who just has an account on some blog about games, he is an employee hired as a reporter: https://massivelyop.com/about/

@wipeoutI think the CRC posted what he posted because they may think that after such a backlash, this site is not going to cover Wurm any more. But they use ads on their site, and these articles surely brought them some extra traffic coming from the drama, so I doubt it. 

Edited by Platyna

1 hour ago, Platyna said:

He is not a regular Joe, a confused player, who just has an account on some blog about games, he is an employee hired as a reporter: https://massivelyop.com/about/

That's also the point I was trying to make as well.

TOO many articles written on gaming these days have little credibility and are often times made by people who are interested in "generating more traffic" or being "SEO friendly" or churning out so much content that the casual reader wouldn't even know how shallow the work really is. They have as much to do with journalism as oranges have to do with nuclear fission.

I used to work back in 2011 in research/marketing, often writing articles about digital mobile tech, smartphones and tablets. One key standard I had to gladly live up to was that I HAD to cite my sources (which is required for any research really) and to properly research everything I needed to. My boss often times asked me "How do you know that statistic/number is real?" He asked me not out of spite or to stress me out but to simply see if I was doing a good job and could back up my claims when I made them.

So when I read an article or see a report on some game, I also view it from the perspective of someone who did a similar job in the past. WHen I see reporters constantly "giving their opinion on something" and that's 99% of their content, that is NOT reporting. That's stating your own individual perspective. That's blogging .That's personal subjective review. That is NOT reporting.

Reporting is about presenting facts as objectively as humanly possible. NOT giving your personal opinion on something. When you hire a reporter to cover a game and play it, he has to go open minded about it and be patient with the tutorial & instructions.

The format of their content is also weird and nonsensical to me. "Choose my adventure" where people tell the writer what to do? What sort of gaming experience is that? Sounds good for a twitch stream, but for something that's supposed to be journalism? When you try to  combine entertainment with reporting it can often times lead to disasters if you're ALSO streaming while doing it and allowing your viewers to tell you what to do/what not to do. It's like an invitation for trolls to ruin your game.

In that case the reporter should only report the experience he was asked to have. If I told him " do a meditation grind" , his feedback would have been bad since meditation objectively is frustrating in wurm , more frustrating than any skill. What sort of objective reporting could come out of such a gaming experience when you let your viewers/readers tell you what to do?

Is that reporting or just regular online content made for inbound marketing/views/ad generated trafic, etc?

Because that person should have his title changed to "game streamer" but NOT reporter. That's my personal issue with this situation. You don't get to wear a title without having to live up to its requirements.

The guy in question might be an awesome person that has a title that was given to him by the company but his actual role and job might be something else entirely.

• Like 4

That seemed like a series of pretty normal reactions and impressions from a first time player.

And the comments of the reviewer (sort of a blog style) seemed pretty neutral/tame, far from "Butchering" or "Skinning alive" the game.

Edited by MashHiven
  • Like 4

And I did not take that article as being a "journalistic report" myself. It's obvious a whole lot of people did.  I saw it as a Let's Play kind of thing where his readers are along on the journey with him.  I read a bunch of his other games he covered and it's pretty much the same.  Looks like everyone was having a good time and even though he was sorely misguided on a few things in the games I was somewhat familiar with, nobody seemed to care or jump in and lambaste the guy for being misguided.  Some, where existing players actually commented it was all friendly and giving him tips to correct misconceptions.  I haven't read them all, but to be perfectly honest the only one I've seen so far with outraged fans posting, disgruntled banned ex-players posting, etc., is Wurm. To be fair, most of the posts were rational and level headed, like Katspurr and a few others.   I really don't believe that the content of the article, or the guy's opinion of the game, or his accuracy of how to do things, or even his motivations mean diddly squat to most readers over there. But for those who read comments, maybe looking for more insight into the game, possibly from fans like in the other articles in that series, I think we as a community just have egg on our faces.  Not like a lot of people would have given any of it too much weight, but tbh if I see things like that on other games I'm maybe looking at, I generally cross that game off my list because I have no desire to get into another game with a small, mean-spirited, cliquish, judgemental, argumentative community where you have to be careful what you say. Our community is not really like that, with a few exceptions, which is why it bothers me that we somehow manage to consistently put out that impression wherever we go. And now we've done it again.  :(

• Like 3

On 9/11/2020 at 3:47 AM, Platyna said:

Well just to play devil's advocate here, I think that for the purposes of that particular series titled Choose My Adventure, he is playing the "regular Joe," and taking his readers on an adventure into unknown territory, complete with all the misadventure (and misinformation, and missteps) that goes along with that type of series.  I do not believe for a minute that it was intended to be a definitive review of the game by a "reporter."  It's a fun series actually, you should try reading some of the other installments on other games. Sometimes it's downright funny what he thinks when he runs into certain quirky things in some games, when you're sitting there thinking Yikes, no wonder, he's doing it all wrong.  lol

This is what staff posted in response to some of the comments:

"Bree Royce

Choose My Adventure isn’t a review or constructive criticism or a comprehensive research piece. It’s a let’s-play series where the writer usually goes in as a newbie and lets the game and the readers (through polls and comments) decide what he sees and does and experiences next over the course of several weeks. Much of the point of the series, which has been running close to 10 years across dozens of games with the same format, is to reveal the character of the community through its votes and advice and to examine how accessible the games are for typical MMO gamers in 2020, people who do not generally download the syllabus and study wikis before playing. It’s certainly done both here.

PS: He played the tutorial. He discussed it in the last piece. I also went through the tutorial a few weeks back and my opinion is Chris is being being charitable as to its state here. This is a problem with many old games, including many of my favorites (ask me what I think of UO’s and SWG’s garbage tutorials). That isn’t his job to compensate for – it’s the games’.

Edit: The OP came back and literally accused our writer of lying, so yeah, we’re done here, locking thread."

So, we can either take him at his word, and I see no reason not to since all the other games in the series (over a 10 year period) appear to be exactly that, or we can continue to insist that it's a journalistic review of the game and that they're outright lying on Wurm for some devious purpose and intentionally misleading people.  I just really have a hard time understanding why so many are so determined to "prove" the latter, at the expense of our image as a community.  The community in any game is often the single most important thing to people considering a new game, and in my opinion Wurm has one of the best communities (with a few exceptions).  It's a shame that we don't seem to care that much about showing our better side sometimes.

edit:  Someone has just recently posted a beautiful, informative, how-to advice response to the articles. That's so refreshing. We need more of that.  I'm too stubborn to turn off my ad blockers to make an account over there so I could post, so that leaves me out. lol.  I was tempted though.  :)

edit to the edit:  That someone was @Amata.  Thanks Amata for your friendly, level headed and informative posts there. It's too bad that had to take the form of damage control but still I think it's good that you did it.  Amazing how you packed so much info into those posts. lol.   Well done.  Hopefully the writer hasn't just thrown up his hands in disgust & aversion, and will give it another shot (using some of your advice) as he had originally intended.  Sadly I have a feeling he won't.

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 3

@AmadeeWe are walking in circles. They call themselves reporters, journalists, this is a media company, and they are its employees they are supposed to abide to journalist standards (like doing research BEFORE writing editorials). You can't turn on/off the standard for your position or profession when you see fit. You either are a journalist or not. These are bad practices, bad journalism and in fact it is trolling - I have a feeling these articles were meant to aggravate us to bring traffic. 

I am out of this discussion. I said everything I had to say here. 

Edited by Platyna
  • Like 3

@PlatynaIndeed, we do seem to be going in circles here.  The company in general may be all of that, but it's more as well.  If you look under the different categories you will find the Choose My Adventure series under **Community** along with their forums/chats, storyboards, and other social features.  You will not find it under **Opinions** nor **Columns** nor **News**.  Sorry, I would have mentioned this particular tidbit sooner but I confess I thought it was rather obvious so it didn't enter my mind.

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 1

So you had your last word in the debate :) . I am out of it too and leave the righteousness to the accusers. And yes, I am tired to be accused for criticizing poor journalism.

Edited by Ekcin

Nah. Just can't let this slide away this easily. This throws away too easily the opinion of players who were disgusted at the below-par publicity. Some now claim this was just "let's play", no journalism and whether person doing it was any professional or not. We are told we should not criticize him as he is only amateur/reporter off-duty... Well, fine, but, there is roughly two ways doing "let's play" online. *

1. You know something about a game already and state your understanding and expectation upfront, so people can understand your angle to approach the game.

2. Completely new and not knowing anything about said game.

Now first option means you have some knowledge and ability to research about the game. Also ability to put things in scope and understand something about the game. Second means and requires(!) that you approach the game with open mindset (doesn't hurt in first case either). 

Sorry, I don't see this person succeeding in either case. He seems to have some knowledge about wurm but refuses to understand what he sees/reads or to research basics. Usually in life if everything and everyone around you seems to be somehow wrong, isn't that a clue you should maybe consider there is something wrong about how you are doing things? Maybe see if there is a different way, instead of keeping bashing your head against the wall?  Then again, it is easier to jump on soap-box and blast away...And internet pays per clicks...

I'm glad I don't need to work with that person and probably live in different country. He reminds me of two comic strips. One has a kid dropping some garbage on the street and father scolds him: Couldn't you just walk two steps over there to drop it in that bin? Kid points at his feet and responds: But it wasn't right here!  (Sorry, don't have copyright to post picture here)

The other comic is one I drew long ago. There a ram keeps headbutting a concrete skyscraper. Repeating: Eventually he will yield!  Next picture shows post-apocalypse world with concrete building collapsed and ram's skeleton next to it. He was right after all... (And sorry no picture of that either, couldn't find it)

Then again, internet is full of games and full of people trying to make a few bucks by writing/blogging/playing/streaming them. Some are professional and some amateur, some are excellent and some awful and the whole mix in between. This probably got way more publicity than it should just because people felt insulted on the poor performance of his and on supposedly trustworthy platform. On the other hand it just shows how much people care about this game. If it meant nothing, people wouldn't pay attention to trolls.

*(Usually for any "let's play" it is better to do it as streaming or recorded video, because then people can easily follow what you are doing and experiencing things along. When written, they have to trust what you are telling, which leaves huge gap for (mis)interpretation. Also your responsibility to provide information is exponentially bigger than with video. You give the picture. When writing, you describe it all and any truth or untruth there is your making.) 

• Like 3

Yeah this game isnt for everyone, unless they are messing around and harassing others.

Well this game definitely is for me, though I have never been messing around and harassing others.

• Like 1

I feel kinda let down by how some people reacted to this lol.

Please remember when you send rude or unhelpful messages, or otherwise conduct yourselves in an unfriendly manner or go into insults, you make it harder for representation of the game to be done by people on staff. While the writer had some very wrong ideas, Wurm has always been kind of against the grain of logic. When you're new to this game, it's very easy to get caught in a pithole of making weird assumptions based on reality or items that exist ingame.

A lot of you have demanded and begged for better advertising of this game for years. Don't also be the kind of person who makes it harder for the name to spread out.

• Like 5

The reviewer is an idiot who is blatantly lying about looking up how to do things. No where on the forge wiki page does it say ANYTHING about charcoal lol. What more is there to say. Tell them what they got wrong and move on.

'Chris' even went as far as deleting my comment in his 'review' that linked to the forge wiki and gave step by step instructions of how to light a forge. Seems they tried to do a bit of censorship before the wave crashed on his comments from the rest of yall. Dont give um credence.

Edited by Melros
  • Like 1

Okay, one last stab at this from me, too. Three-pronged, so feel free to call me the devil's advocate.  😉

1. The article/author.  We should all bear in mind that 21st century journalism (and we are talking about journalism here, albeit a narrow sub-genre of it) is for the most part either yellow or gonzo, and most publications have become like misbehaving children in that any attention is better than no attention so anything that elicits a response is worth pursuing, and negative responses are easier to elicit to than positive.  A slightly more charitable perspective is that a good way to get both kinds of responses rather than few responses of either is to swing for the fences and polarize the readership.  My personal belief is that the author, in his assumed role of total neophyte, found Wurm to be counterintuitive (and indeed, that seems to be the worst criticism one can level at an immersive game) and decided to emphasize that in his chosen narrative.  The whole issue of charcoal seems to have arisen from his imagination, but once there he did not find anything in the WurmWiki to disabuse him of his notion (I can imagine it going like this - wants to light forge so looks up wiki, sees mention of steel and flint but can't find one in inventory for whatever reason, opens links for both steel and flint - both hard to acquire early on - sees charcoal in the steel article and assumes from real-life knowledge that it is a fuel, sees that to obtain it one lights a pile and immediately closes that little circle.  Could this mistake be made by a newcomer?  Yes it could, but only if they had skipped chunks of the tutorial, ignored CA Help, limited themselves to the wiki info-boxes rather than reading the articles.  He could only have done all of that intentionally, and it may be that he assumed that a newcomer would do this so he did it in good faith.  However, I have a very hard time believing that.  I think it was a hyperbolic choice to present his chosen narrative.  This is reinforced by the censorship of certain comments and endorsement of others. 
  2. Commentary by "us" on this.  When all is said and done, the article will only scare off from Wurm those readers who can't be bothered to check things for themselves, or to read up, experiment, or ask for help when they need something in game.  In other words the people who would probably not get into Wurm's depth of play anyway.  Those who would love Wurms depth and almost fractal interdependencies are likely to have their curiosity piqued and come try out Wurm.  Once one or two people pointed out the author's more unlikely errors, there is nothing more to be done over there by this community. Constructive discussion over here is I think fine, because it helps to crystallize the good and the bad about the new player experience.  Given the censorship over there, even the most helpful posts that try to address the false impression fostered by the article will actually only reinforce a "not helpful" view of the Wurm community because all an arms-length reader will know is that yet another Wurmian has posted something the moderators deemed unacceptable.  The author and his employer have chosen a narrative.  They will stick by that narrative - after all they own it - regardless of what any of us do to change it.  If it helps, consider it professional trolling.  Feed it and you justify it.
  3. Wurm "officials" commenting here (or there) about this community's behaviour there.  This is where I think Wurm "officials" should have 2 identities, their personal one and their official one.  That way they could express their personal opinions as their personal opinions.  Unfortunately, that does not seem to be the case, so when Retrograde (the cogent example here, so "low hanging fruit" in this case) posts over there as "Wurmonline" then that is not personal opinion but a statement of the Wurm Community Relations Co-ordinator, and should not be mixed with personal opinion (like "There’s been some rather unsavoury comments on here from Wurm players and I would like to personally apologise for that.")    The Wurm Community Relations Co-ordinator has no authority to make statements on a magazine website on behalf of other people on that website who also happen to play and love Wurm.  Retrograde can, as an individual, express his opinion or feelings about such people's comments, but I find it a tad discouraging that those defending Wurm would be called out for "unsavoury comments" when someone in the same thread is making outright toxic and condemnatory comments that are either libelous or an indication of serious official misconduct.  A simple official take-down email to Massively should see those comments gone but they remain (actually, allegations like those should have triggered a pre-emptive take down through risk aversion).  A thread started here by a Wurm Official asking for a little kindness to be shown offsite should not be a problem to us.  It was posted in City Hall and responses were possible.  It was a request and reminder, not a directive, so was not invoking any authority.  Again, I am not sure if this is from Retrograde or from the Wurm Community Relatons Co-ordinator, but being in City Hall rather than Town Square I lean toward the latter.  If so it lends the appearance of being an official communique, in which case it is certainly toeing the line where official authority ends if not crossing it.  Either way, though, we should assume good faith.  It was a gentle tap on the shoulder and a quiet clearing of the throat, not a volley across the bow.

Edited by TheTrickster
typos typos everywhere
  • Like 1