Sign in to follow this  
Kalek

EverWurm Launch x3.0 skill, x5.0 action, PvE, 4k Map

As original players of EverQuest when it started up, my sister and I hosted a Wurm Unlimited server back in 2015 named EverWurm.
We are bringing it back up ( on a different server of course ) and a new map along with quite a few mostly Quality of Life mods.

Q. So what is the driving factor to do this?
A. We have played on several servers recently and all were good for awhile until eventually things seemed to fall apart.

We want a reliable environment that is able to be adjusted as the community needs change.

We will be willing to make changes right away as we experience the same things, and listen to the players.

We have a small 11 x 11 'safe area' setup that new players will spawn into that has an oven, forge, FSB, BSB, and fencing to protect new players until you can fend for yourself.

We are currently set to use:

x3.0 skill gain, x5.0 action timers, PvE 4k by 4k Map ( I will be posting it soon ) and the following mods:

Ago Mods:
Announcer, CropMod, HarvestHelper, HTTPServer, InbreedWarning, ScriptRunner, ServerMap

Bdew Mods:
Better Digging, Better Farming, Movement Tweaks, Hitching Limits, HotS Fixes, Fix Guards, Taxidermy, Archaeology Tweaks, Waxed Food, Fishy Tweaks

We also want to get Discord Relay going in the next day or two. Let us know if you are interested in trying us out!

We want to give a few days notice ( mods are not yet setup ) to be ready to start at same time, instead of just opening up and those on first get a huge head start.

We are going to resurrect our old web site and will post it after cleaning it up. ( low priority currently )

Lastly, we could really use some people to create characters and test the mods listed. The server people have indicated they have been installed.

It is registered at https://wurm-unlimited.com/server/9755

• Like 1

We are going to be adding some other mods, anyone have suggestions on critical additions? I believe we will try to get the mod from Sindusk on preventing early mob warning and wonder how taxing is that on the server?

We have removed the password and the server is up. If you try it out, would you mind giving a post here or an email to nr.kimb@gmail.com please? Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated.

UPDATE:

Bounties are now paid for mobs killed, so you have a way to earn some money.

Most mods from above post are in, although at least two are causing the server to hang, "fishy tweaks" and "Bulkmod"

The in game and web map is not working ( have not had time to study how to yet )

Latest changes:

Reduced deed costs to about 50% as well as upkeep. The standard 3 silver maintenance fund has been reduced as well. You can get a basic deed for around 1.5 silver.

Removed priest restrictions while maintaining separate spells per deity. This means all priests can cut wood, mine, etc with no penalties.

On 9/8/2020 at 2:25 AM, Kalek said:

We are currently set to use:

x3.0 skill gain, x5.0 action timers, PvE 4k by 4k Map ( I will be posting it soon )

Have you posted the map yet

Spawn is in the middle. WL center north, BL center south

biomes.png

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/329117982263345163/756355558092701784/biomes.png

Low res map :(

We have in game map, and made a few changes before I went on vacation for 10 days. Please feel free to drop by and see how you like it. We are open to suggestions.

Deeds cost are about 50% of normal and currently there is no upkeep. My in game name is Miranda and the other co-owner is Sharwyn ( she is mainly the socialite while I am the tech :P )

I started out by trying WurmOnline for a few days and liked the gameplay but didn't care for some of the community. Decided to try a private server that wasn't too 'Monty Haul' and Everwurm seemed a good fit. I've been on for a bit over a week and have been having a ball. it's a new server but the players on it are friendly and helpful without being pushy. You are free to just play your own way but there's someone to help you learn if you need it. With this game, having that is extremely nice.

Kalek has been doing a great job managing the server and I've only noticed one very minor texture glitch that was quickly resolved.

If you're looking for a no pressure Wurm experience, give EverWurm a try.

Thanks for the review Carthoris :)

We are still hoping to attract and keep some players, but more than that, it would be nice to know what prevents a player from wanting to try the EverWurm server. And if you do try and dislike something, it would be great if you would PM me.

Things are going slowly on the final things, like Discord and Web Site as I'm not that familiar with them and even more so, have been spending more time in game than I should :) 

We will get there eventually.

Thanks!

• Like 1

It's a solid server! The map is interesting, there aren't really connected waterways throughout it, but overland travel is not too difficult. Not a lot of extremely steep slopes

I wish there was a live map so I could see where other people have settled up.

Edited by Corinth

Not too hard, not too easy, and we try to meet the requests of the people playing via discussions.

Come join us and see what you can do to change the world!

ive just had issues joining other WU servers and them being fully developed and not really any untouched land... also curious about deed setup and upkeep?

Currently I believe it is half price to deed and no upkeep.

We are discussing possibly moving to a very low upkeep at this time.

We are seeing roads being built, and work on canals for the Ocean access from inland.

The issue with BulkMods has been resolved, and we have arrived at a server wide consensus of allowing 1 alt per player that can deed up to a 16x16 deed. (other dimensions are ok as long as total tiles < 257)

As others have stated, our community is extremely friendly and helpful.

Why don't you give EverWurm a try?

I have sent just over 30 hours exploring on this server. And I can say it has been amazingly enjoyable. A short list of why this is so is as follows.

1. Everyone is always very helpful and kind.

2. The map is mostly wilderness and exploring really feels like an adventure.

3. There is so much room to settle on and develop for your own. 

4. There are critters everywhere. Its not hard to find a cow or horse or Troll :)

5. The skill gain / action time feels like a good balance where its not too fast and not too slow.

I am looking forward to more adventures on this server, If you are looking for a great server to adventure on this is the ONE!