Sign in to follow this  
Polojordan

Creature Spawn Worse Than Before

The change to the creature spawning seems to have only made them spawn more on the side of mountains and it larger clumps.

keQ7Jss.jpg

dGCVT2m.jpg

I don't think they're spawning on mountain sides, they are migrating there and getting stuck due to water. Migration appears to be broken.

They appear to be migrating North-North East

Edited by Radni

well this is bad, but its not worse than before, its the same as before.

If only this got implemented, one can only dream.

Mobs in flat lands but never on slopes * sighs * 

It's much worse than before since no new mobs seem to be spawning here! My area is totally empty now! :( It is very broken!!! I've been in this same area for almost four years and it has never been this empty! This is very bad!

Edited by Katrat

No this is def different from before. I live on the SW of Melody so i dont know how or if the north is affected.

The first few weeks the mobs always spawned sporadically, which I liked and appreciated, but that has stopped.

It's way worse than before. I see barely any aggressive mobs. I see more cows and horses in forests, but that's it!

But the creature counts still the same! Nothing is wrong, surely.

Right after they first changed it i saw my first Anaconda, Hell scorpion and fog spider on my deed. With more of other aggro mobs every day. It was awesome.

Since they reverted.. I have seen 1 seal.

I want mobs back.

On Harmony it seems like there is no single free Wildhorse left, need more Horse spawns...

I think I found a spot where they are accumulating on Cadence.  Looked like a convention.  A few locals seemed to be aware of it.  It isn't in the northern or north-eastern extremities.  My biggest problem was not enough rope, so I ate the bull and gave away the pregnant cow.    I don't know if spawn is so much broken as suppressed by hoarders. 

In a couple of 2-3 hour wanders around the landscape in areas with scattered(ish) deeds I came across a reasonable number of docile and hostile mobs.  Heh, I tamed a pig but lost him at water's edge running from a hellhound.  The next day my event tab narrated the poor beasty trying to kick a spider to death.

Edit:  Maybe the spawn "fixes" have broken it on servers where it wasn't a problem to be fixed.

Edited by TheTrickster

On Xanadu I've noticed that spawns are much more local now. I run across areas full of just one type of spawn, like spider invasions, lava spider invasions or hundreds of horses in a lake.. I also noticed there are a lot of nests and dens around, not sure of the function of those. Haven't really noticed that there are more creatures in the areas where nest are. It's still way emptier (not completly empty)  of mobs down south also, as it has been for a long time...

Edited by Torgrim

14 hours ago, Torgrim said:

On Xanadu I've noticed that spawns are much more local now. I run across areas full of just one type of spawn, like spider invasions, lava spider invasions or hundreds of horses in a lake.. I also noticed there are a lot of nests and dens around, not sure of the function of those. Haven't really noticed that there are more creatures in the areas where nest are. It's still way emptier (not completly empty)  of mobs down south also, as it has been for a long time...

A while back on Release a local uninhabited area was almost over-run with lava spiders.  I was glad to be sailing by and not travelling by road, but it looked like hundreds of them.  Later I killed a few, and there still seemed to be more than "normal" but I don't know where the masses went.  The more I think about it the less I know whether it was broken before, or now, or sometime in between.

It has always been broken, more or less :)    It just changes a bit now and then... 

Edited by Torgrim

I've got lots of creatures on my island where I am.  At the moment, I am caked in trolls everywhere 😱  Though there are also, scorps, spiders, hell horses/horses, cows, sheep, bulls, chickens, goblins, rats, crocs, wolves....you name it, I've got it on my island  😂

Though I am up in the super far north of Pristine though so maybe that helps.

Edited by Zexos

I just searched the shore line & the steeps of all the Northern Islands searching for bison. Found not a single one. It appears that only sand tiles are spawning mobs. Even around dens only 3 of 4 of the appropriate creatures could be found. The lack of animals to pull carts & wagons, not to mention for food, is beginning to turn new players off of the game. This needs to be sorted out ASAP.

I've been very vocal about how much the new spawns suck but recently i've began to notice a lot more mobs, especially in the forests, keep looking. I spend almost all of my time hunting btw.

I think the unfavorable situation is mainly on the new NFI servers. In my area on Xanadu there is widely normal mob occurrence though with many horses swimming in Lake Vrock, and some scorpion glut in the forests and grasslands which is unusual. Also I notice less farm animal spawns in the wild.

Maybe, as far as an unfavourable situation can be confirmed in some NFI areas GM could spawn some creatures to ease the situation. Beyond that, the spawning might rather be observed than corrected back and forth. And players suffering from current shortages should be aware that spawns are adapting slowly.

22 hours ago, Amber said:

I just searched the shore line & the steeps of all the Northern Islands searching for bison. Found not a single one. It appears that only sand tiles are spawning mobs. Even around dens only 3 of 4 of the appropriate creatures could be found. The lack of animals to pull carts & wagons, not to mention for food, is beginning to turn new players off of the game. This needs to be sorted out ASAP.

Cadence too?  As little as 3 or 4 days ago I saw dozens in grasslands, forests, beaches, lakeshores, mountains.  I ventured to the shoreline and my biggest problem was not finding mobs but avoiding the more aggressive ones.  I hung around the spawn town for a few days with extra animals in tow for anyone coming through the portal and could not get anyone to take one.

I wandered around covering quite a bit of ground and I could almost always see at least a couple of animals.

I didn't see a bison though.  🙂

15 hours ago, Caduryn said:

Only Trees there.

And hellhounds, spiders, pigs, bulls, horses.  I even came across the elusive "woodland seal".

10 minutes ago, TheTrickster said:

And hellhounds, spiders, pigs, bulls, horses.  I even came across the elusive "woodland seal".

Not on Harmony