Sign in to follow this  
Dracaa

Lunalong 2020

Welcome to the 3rd Lunalong 

b3EnRKu.jpeg

Greetings friends, I would like to cordially invite you all to the third Luna-a-long.  Hosted by Dracaa (myself) on my deed named Kappa, on the Xanadu server, at coordinate Q-15.  This is my third time hosting an impalong. I've been working on this every year. And I have new builds each year. With work in real life only slowing me down. I'm proud to say though, my impalong is almost ready.  It will be this December 11th to the 21st. I hope to have the Archery field and many more things finished and ready to explore, there will be a few small events, and all the imping madness you've come to expect from events like this.  

timer_E1607695297.svg

This well be Dec 11th 10am GMT-4

Deed History

Spoiler

So why name kappa? 

The name Kappa has a history though I don't know all of it in this game. It means a few things to me. I have learned that it was a huge clay pit before someone started working it to a little town. Which was a small 30 by 60 deed at the time. I also learned that the person who made the deed was naming it after a creature in a game. Though the source didn’t know what game. I like to think it was my favorite game Harvest Moon. I also learned that, “Kappa” are demons that loves cucumbers and are very weird but funny story behind them. It's my Wurm home I bought from another player who later became a great friend. Over the 4 years I had Kappa. I have became a caretaker of her. But she grow up to a great deed of 63 by 250. She is able to take care of many people and even many animals with no issues. 

Why a Lunar Festival?

In real life, I love the moon ever since I was a little girl. In Wurm there are few moons each one special in its own right. In Harvest Moon, there are seasonal festivals every month and one of my favorites was the lunar festival. So instead of linking it with Halloween, or Christmas, and since it happens in November, in the USA we have Thanksgiving, but all those holidays get a lot of stuff for them anyway. My dear friend Leander and I were brainstorming one night, and he said something about the moon or create something individual and this is what we got. I love it too. And hope you all love it too. Though this year its in December. I well still call it a Luna-a-long. This year well be more Christmas theme if I can.

The Deed  

Kappa is a lovely lakeside deed very well equipped to handle many participants there are merchants, hotel rooms, a cathedral for sermons, direct sea access via a canal. The impalong building is a three-story building with plenty of equipment and containers full of mats ready to help your imping.

igXLr9a.jpg

Token Gazebo

Spoiler

You can found it on the topside of Kappa to the north of the main golden mine door of Undercity.

Revm2Nk.jpeg

The Inns

Spoiler

Easy Inn is found topside very north part of Kappa. Its facing the lake and between Union st. and Wheeler St.

98Wdpyd.jpeg3rDh4hN.jpeg

Sailor's Rest is found in the Undercity just east off the docks.

9ATwcfr.jpeg

Extra Stalls

Spoiler

These stalls are found on the north east side of Kappa.

k8a6OCR.jpeg

Pegasus Stables are found next to the Lunalong building in the Undercity.

itRmwEP.jpg

Impalong info

Spoiler

But what is a Luna-a-long?   

The simple answer is it’s an Imp-a-long. "but I'm new to Wurm, what is an imp-a-long?" you say, well my friend Shrimpiie defines it perfectly.

he explains it as "A community event that's hosted on someone's deed, where crafters and priests from across Wurm join together to improve/enchant others gear for free. In addition to the imping/enchanting, there are various other things such as games and events, prize giveaways, contests, and sometimes even GM's drop in to spawn a few mobs on unsuspecting Impalong-goers."

Discord and Twitch

All is welcome to join my Discord server at discord.gg/baAa4jd. This is the Dragon Kitty Server. I also be streaming though out this lunalong as well. So you can find me on here when I’m streaming. There is a channel for the lunalong just get on there and you can talk to other fellow impers and get the latest scoop on the events.

If you want to watch what’s going on follow me on twitch https://twitch.tv/dracaa. I let people know on my discord and wurm online discords when I going to stream.

Extra helpful notes

There are lamp posts that are renamed the street they are on. If you get lost let the staff know what lamps you see and they can help you get to where you wanted to go.

Rules 

Item Placement:

• Rename your items with your name before placing them into improvement/casting coffins, shelves or forges!
  • Please be sure to place your item in the right named coffin, shelves or forge.
  • Pick up your finished item as soon as possible to make space for new items.
  • If space is running short, Impalong staff will move finished items to "Overflow" shelves. This is on the 1st floor to the east side of the building. If placed there you will need to contact Impalong staff in order to get your items.
  • Carving Knife, Sickle, and Scythe are Weapon smithing.
  • (Cooking) Knife and Leather Knife are Blacksmithing.
  • New fishing rods are Fine carpentry.
  • Legacy rods are Carpentry.
  • Fishing Reels are Jewelry Smithing..
  • The deep water reel is Blacksmithing.

Improvements/Enchanting:

• Items will be improved to 70ql at the discretion of the of the imper. If you want higher you can pm the imper and ask as long there isn't a backlog of items to be imped.
  • Only items that are 70ql+ will be enchanted on, or if named to be a skiller items.
  • Place your items into the coffin labeled with the enchantment you want. You have to move them to the next coffin if you want another enchantment on them.
  • Target cast well be 70.
  • If something needs to be dispelled please talk to a priest. they can not pick up items and to dispel they must hold item. Do this at your own risk.
  • DO NOT PLACE IN ALTARS!!! They get sac and you lose it.
  • Getting your items enchanted is at your own risk! Items can break in the process of being enchanted.

Other:

• Do NOT being a dozen items of the same type to get improved/enchanted.
  • You can bring a quiver of arrows or 4 horseshoes to be improved/enchanted.
  • Do NOT sell items that you've gotten improved/enchanted here. If we hear you have done that you won't be welcome the next year impalong.
  • Please turn off your personal light-sources like lanterns, torches, and glow rings or things with glow on it! It helps with the lag for everyone else.
  • Do not use the imping mats to make things. Ask in local or Dracaa for lower ql mats to do so.
  • If you have any issues contact Dracaa in-game or on the forums.

The Entrances

Spoiler

the entrance to the canal is at Q-14 on the coast on Xanadu, Kappa is on the southern shore of the inland lake.

pictures coming soon

North form Cyrius' Retreat.

Spoiler

dAqaHRz.jpg

North West form Surefall by the Sea and River Stix Camp Grounds

Spoiler

FS80zLT.jpg

West form the golf to Lormere

Spoiler

FcoKKBu.jpg

Farther south west form the highway going south.

Spoiler

qCS2K0K.jpg

South form the bay on R15 Tridents Point.

Spoiler

4Z6Vxqx.jpg

South east form Lormere.

Spoiler

k9VSIBs.jpg

North East form Surefall Glade

Spoiler

NYy1UOB.jpg

Entrances for the Undercity

Main mine door on Kappa

Spoiler

XwagB9K.jpg

Mine door to the grooves

Spoiler

VmnpvJk.jpg0RUaFYV.jpg

Camp Grounds

Spoiler

Here you can put your tents down and there are pens for animals too. They are not locked gates please don't lock them. The camp grounds well be open 3 days before Lunalong starts and well remain open til 3 days after. Please dont litter and destory anything thing here. this was made to make you guys have a easy and safe place/way to the Undercity.

PCwa2V4.jpeg4fRDe8U.jpegZtZQxDv.jpegyyjnKNV.jpeg

The Imping Facilities 

Spoiler

A quaint three-story building filled to bursting with forges, kilns, alters, coffins, shelves and other storage units for priest and participants alike.

bzCaKa8.jpg

First Floor the Priest and Enchanting Floor

Spoiler

q5znRnT.jpgr7GCQTj.jpgAnxqfxl.jpg

Second Floor the Forges

Spoiler

m7Fc7tQ.jpg8TVe13u.jpgH5Mq3iS.jpgGXY47Sr.jpgH1wf6HG.jpgDyA8eSg.jpg

Third Floor the Wood and Clay Floor

Spoiler

akq9zaQ.jpgO5cKxEV.jpg5CiZWd2.jpg

Materials

Spoiler

On hand

Hide contents

Bronze lumps 1218                      Gold lumps 5007                                      Silver lumps 5k     100ql 150

Brass lumps 1219                        Steel lumps 4500                                      Iron lumps 13k

Copper Lumps 2001                    Lead lumps 2k                                           Zinc lumps 2009

Tin Lumps 2k                                Electrum Lumps 1159                              Logs 517

Marble shards 300                      Rock shards 1100                                      Cotton 2707

Clay 1100                                      Woodscraps 5k                                          Leather 559

Peat 3k                                          Yarn Wool 3k                                               Square pieces of cotton 3563

Square pieces of wool   1k         Kindling 182                                                Strings of cloth, cotton 2009 80ql

Strings of cloth, cotton 3k          chopped Veggies 20356 at 100ql            90774 at 99ql

Many small amounts of dyes    90 barrels for water

Materials still needed

Any extra dyes i know these are not mats but they are some things i need to.

350k chopped veggies                                  100k cordage rope

donations are welcome

Events

Spoiler

11th Fri            Grand opening The forges be lite

12th Sat          Chess Tournament         post pon                                  

13th Sun         Gated Maze Easy mode                   timer_E1607889666.svg

14th Mon        Sheep Racing and Cow Racing

15th Tue          Relaxing

16th Wed        Fashion Show 7pm AEST                timer_E1608076836.svg

17th Thurs      Gated Maze Hard Mode                  timer_E1608159578.svg

18th Fri            Archery Contest

19th Sat           Swimming contest lake and golf

20th Sun         Fishing contest                                 timer_E1608440392.svg

21st Mon         Fire works for the finale                 timer_E1608613204.svg 

Random giveaways well happen though out the Impalong!!

Game rules

Spoiler

Sheep Racing – Each person well tame the sheep and when the Staff says go. You well tell the sheep to go here to the finish line. The 1st person to get the sheep there wins.

Cow Racing – Each person well ride a cow with no traits and gear. The 1st person to the finish line wins.

Fishing Contest – There well be fishing poles given with no bait. You well fish at the River Stix by the Maze and Coliseum for 5 mins. There be two categories, weight and QL. Each category well have a winner for the heaviest and best QL. There be no using of bait for this contest. This way to keep it fair. Please return the fishing poles after the contest.

Gated Maze Easy Mode – The maze be closed till the day. The 1st person to make it though under 5 mins well get a prize. It well be open the rest of the Lunalong for anyone to try their hand at it. If you can’t get out and need help get a hold of one of the staff and they should be able to help you.

Gated Maze Hard Mode – The maze well be closed the hour before the event. It well be stocked with monsters. So be sure to bring your armor and weapons with you. The 1st to get though the maze in 10 mins well win the prize.

Chess Tournament – This well be a week long event. Please sign up for it the day of the Lunalong. To sign up for it you get a hold of me or the staff. When we get two or more players, we will start the tournament. Each winner we get a small prize. The grand champion well gets the small prizes and one hota statue. The more the better. Please be sure to talk with the staffers for times and current winners. The winners well be on the forums too.

Swimming Contest – There ae boats setup on the lake and the golf. You will need to take as much of your inventory out so you can be lighter. If you don’t have a wagon, ship, or cart of your own. We well give you a locked chest for each player, if needed, that enters the swimming contest. These are for your heavy things so you can get as much unloaded off you as you can. You well swim form one side to the other of the lake or golf. There are ships at points along the way. If you get on a ship it’s a 5 sec penalty. The fastest time to get to the other side and back wins. There well be helpers on the ships to. If you cant, make it and need help. One of the lifeguards well come and get you. Just stay put so you don’t take more damage and drown.

Archery Contest – There are 3 contest this day. Longbow, bow, and short bow. You get 10 shots with practice arrows. You get 10 pts for each one that hits the target. 10 extra pts for hitting the bulls eye. There well be a helper at the targets to judge. There well be a winner form each category.

Fashion Show – Emoo well be the guest judge to the 3rd annual Fashion show. There be 3 categories. Bathing suit, Scary, everyday.

Winners

Spoiler

Sheep Racing - Eshri cuz she manage to get half way lol :D

Cow Racing - 1st place Bunnbunnnn, 2nd place Olivette, and 3rd place Spacy

Fishing Contest

• Heaviest - Richtje 2.76kg
  • Best QL - Renee 87.01ql

Gated Maze Easy Mode - 1st place Gaffer Boffin 2nd place Firerider

Gated Maze Hard Mode - 1st place Karlton 2nd place Betrayrofhope

Swimming Contest Lake - TBA

Swimming Contest Golf - TBA

Archery Contest

• Longbow - 1st place Dwayna, 2nd place Adaen, 3rd place Meyghan
  • Bow - 1st place Dwayna, 2nd place Meyghan, 3rd place Adaen
  • Short Bow - 1st place Adaen, 2nd place Bekkah, 3rd place Dwayna

Fashion Show

• Everyday - Kindrashea 1st Macofer 2nd Seriphina 3rd

Chess Tournament

• Match 1 between - TBA
  • Match 2 between - TBA
  • Match 3 between - TBA

Staff

Spoiler

PM one of them when they are online in local to assist with returning your items, supply you with material, refuel forges, or assign you room at the inn.

Dracaa – Mayor and Host

Olufus - Staff                                                 Aroma - staff and cook                                              Kindrashae - staff                                          Thorinoakshield - staff                                          Brattygirlsback - staff and cook

Lyhrinae - staff                                              Leander - staff                                                             Seriphina - staff

Guest Streamers

Spoiler

There well be guest streamers during the whole impalong hopefully every day. If you have things you like to ask. Leave them in the comments below or send me your questions. You can find me on discord, Wurm online, and here as Dracaa.

The goal is one hour while we do an event if time allows it.

11th Fri            

12th Sat          

13th Sun         Gaffer Boffin for the gated maze easy mode 3 to 6pm central time

14th Mon        

15th Tue          

16th Wed       Emoo for the Fashion Show 7pm AEST UTC+10 this 5am in GMT-4

17th Thurs     

18th Fri           

19th Sat          

20th Sun       Bunn for the fishing contest 6pm Cest this be 12pm Indiana US  

21st Mon         

Impers

Spoiler

Quelon 90WS and 70AS PAS, BS, LW, Carp, FC, Toymaking, Shipbuiling

Thorin  CAS, BS, Carp - Fine Carp? and if possible WS

Frodobaggins LW and probably Cloth

Ironmaiden for the Mag priestess

Brattygirlsback Carp, Fine Carp, Masonry, LW, PS, BS

Ekcin Carp, FC, WS, JS, BS, SC, and few others

BDCKoolaid 82 LW, 83 PS, 87 Carp, and 70 Shipbuilding

Olufus BS, Carp, FC and what ever he can and a Mag priest

Jingerjas 98 Carp, 78 FC, 99 Fletching, 77 Bowyery, and Smithing

Valdor Leatherworking

Mrcoolman and Richje in lots of areas and a Fo priest as well a Vyn

BenclawedOdamme  Fo priest

Spacy 70 Carp and FC

Crimsonearth Carp, BS, Masonry

Jjcook 99 BS, carp, CAS, Lw, and 90 JW

Dups Carp, FC, BS, PAS, JS, WS, SC  all are over 90

Welmari BS, WS, JS, SS, CS, PS, Carp, FC, Fletching, Stonecutting, Masonry, LW, Tailoring and Biff Vyn priest 94 channeling

Special Thanks

Spoiler

Ammar                                  PandyLynn                                    Ekcin                                        Brattygirlsback                                         Dups                                                Denully

Aaedean

Past Lunalongs

Spoiler

Just some more fun history of the Lunalong. Wonder whats going to happen this year. Come see and make it memorable one too.

Edited by Dracaa
  • Like 13

I was about to post that I'll be there with at least one character (Thorin), but it seems I'm already on the list even before I was able too. :D 

I will most certainly trying to be there with Thorin (doing CAS, BS, Carp - Fine Carp? - and if possible WS) and my alt Frodobaggins (doing LW and probably Cloth).
There's a chance I'll bring my Mag priestess Ironmaiden as well, although she's not suited enough to do good casts; but certainly is able to work along in a sermon group if needed.

And hopefully I'm able to drag a few other alliance members along as well.

Edit: Thorin is also able to do Ship imping, up to - and hopefully far over - 65QL

Thorin :)

Edited by Thorinoakshield
added skill
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thorinoakshield said:

I was about to post that I'll be there with at least one character (Thorin), but it seems I'm already on the list even before I was able too. :D 

I will most certainly trying to be there with Thorin (doing CAS, BS, Carp - Fine Carp? - and if possible WS) and my alt Frodobaggins (doing LW and probably Cloth).
There's a chance I'll bring my Mag priestess Ironmaiden as well, although she's not suited enough to do good casts; but certainly is able to work along in a sermon group if needed.

And hopefully I'm able to drag a few other alliance members along as well.

im working on it still lol but thnak you. i let you know when i get this done on whats up and get more info thank you again a million

• Like 1

I will be there!!! I can help in the following areas (Carp, Fine Carp, Masonry, Leatherworking, Plate Smithing, Black Smithing). I can also help with making food again if needed :) 

• Like 1

I will be there of course. Lunalong 2018 was my first impalong in Wurm and I loved it. Can do Carp, FC, WS, JS, BS, SC, and a few more.

I'm new and am on Harmony, but I appreciate all your screenshots - your buildings give me a lot of inspiration. Now to just get to work leveling up skills. :)

• Like 2

Please add me to the list of impers :) I'm always excited for a new impalong.

I have:

82 Leatherworking

83 Plate Armor Smithing

87 Carpentry

70 Shipbuilding if needed

Agreed, bump :) . For the material section, I want to add that 900 zinc are already put on delivery. If nobody else is working on, I could bring the 537 gold as well.

Edit: Not to forget upcoming Impalong end of October

Edited by Ekcin
Hint to Halloween Impalong on Independence
  • Like 1

I will be there with my main (Olufus) and can help with Blacksmithing, Carp/Fine carp, and whereever I can :)

Will bring a Mag priest for sermons and 1 or 2 others for listening. 

this is a bump lol i want the world know im going to have a great lunalong for 2020

• Like 2

this is a bump lol i want the world know im going to have a great lunalong for 2020

Hehehehe....  so will I....so will I...  

Enki goes to polish his axe

• Like 4

Excited to attend this year! In addition to WS I can provide imps in:

PAS

BS

Leather Working

JS

Carp/Fine Carp

Toymaking

Shipbuilding

(And probably more..)

Yes bump :)

And that one too

Because it is earlier :)

Kinda new to Wurm, but looking forward to my first Lunalong!

🤩

• Like 1

Thank you all for the excitement i have been driving my coworkers nuts about it too lol. im super excited about this year too.

OK, seeing as how you are SO CLOSE, I really can't say no, can I? :D

What I can help with:

Fletching 99.11

Carpentry 98.65

Fine Carpentry 78.35

Bowyery 77.34

also Masonry 76.36

Smithing and such are just...yeah...no guarantee any other skills will increase enough, but that might help ya out.

Edited by Jingerjas

Woot! Sounds like a party. I will do my best to attend. I will bring my leatherworking tools, as always, so I will help with all your leather needs.

Looking forward to it!

What kind of arrows do you want for the archery contest?  I have a couple thousand in my workshop, maple and cedar, both hunting and war.  I'm sure I have enough to share. :)

23 hours ago, Jingerjas said:

What kind of arrows do you want for the archery contest?  I have a couple thousand in my workshop, maple and cedar, both hunting and war.  I'm sure I have enough to share. :)

I doubt it really matters which ones you take along.

Only ones that aren't allowed are the homing ones. ;) 

23 hours ago, Thorinoakshield said:

I doubt it really matters which ones you take along.

Only ones that aren't allowed are the homing ones. ;) 

FINE! I'll leave those at home...

spoilsport...  😝

Edited by Jingerjas
  • Cat 1