Sign in to follow this  
demondan

Graphics: Renderer Modern/Legacy

Modern Renderer displays no weather affects, no rain and more importantly no fog. This is especially a concern on pvp servers for those unknown to the problem who choose the legacy renderer over the modern renderer and would be unable to see in the thick fog. 

not only that but, no weather affects on modern renderer needs to be fixed at some point in time.

When I came back to Wurm i questioned why i didnt see fog for nearly 2 months, it is because ive been running the modern renderer the entire time

Photos are taken at the exact same time, only change is the renderer from legacy to modern

the 100% fog screen shots taken same time, as well as i waited until the fog lifted a bit, and took a "50% fog" screen shot on both renderers.

Legacy:

100% fog

l502rcI.jpg

50% fog

V9Lg5h1.jpg

Modern:

100% fog

RTKOW6u.jpg

50% fog

IE2tHz4.jpg

• Like 2

Modern renderer has a lot of issues with not properly rendering things at all. Dyes, glows, particle effects. The most noticable i've found until you discovered this was definitely dyes. They're all far more muted and grey in the modern renderer. 

some examples here:

People have also noticed and complained that animals no longer seem to properly get special colours for their conditions. Unicorns it is especially noticable on.

Even the glow/colouration of adamantine and glimmersteel is barely visible now.

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 2

Can confirm on all things stated here

Currently foggy on cele according to a bunch of people but no fog visible at all except for the long distance fog being denser then before this combined with lowest settings the modern renderer not rendering tree's period means with the right config setup one could gain a huge advantage in pvp(tree's render from halfway upwards only bottom half(just under player character position) does not) or even just pve with hunting

• Like 1

@Developers I think you fixed Fog not showing in the modern render!~!!

not sure if you can fix this devs but it seems fog appears inside of caves however

Definitely seems like fog is now working in modern renderer, but as Dan mentioned its also foggy in caves.

Hey Devs,

I can confirm the modern renderer is bugged again, no weather affects in Modern, but weather affects in the legacy.

Modern has no rain, no fog etc

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 12:13 PM, Nadroj said:

Definitely seems like fog is now working in modern renderer, but as Dan mentioned its also foggy in caves.

that should not be a thing though...

No fog, rain is almost invisible as is snow (unless its on the ground).

Really wish they would fix these weather issues, game loses a lot of immersion.

On 7/29/2022 at 4:08 PM, Wulfrock said:

No fog, rain is almost invisible as is snow (unless its on the ground).

Really wish they would fix these weather issues, game loses a lot of immersion.

Maybe while they are at it they can bring back night time too? I haven't had a dark night or dark cave or fog in so long I sometimes forget wurm has fog or nights if it wasnt for people talking about it and the night sky

[14:09:39] It is 03:48:29 on day of the Ant in week 4 of the Bear's starfall in the year of 1111.
M2QEDvz.jpg