Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Favor & Altar fix

Favor regen is so slow that being a competitive priest with natural regen only is impossible.  We are forced to live a life of wasting things via sacrifice.  With this setup, altars are semi broken, because of PVP.  The broken part is the altars can't be picked up or loaded, yet a large crate with 300 support beams can?  Why?  Because since sacrifice brings loads of favor, taking an altar to a pvp battle is bad for balance or something (or do I have this wrong?)

So step one, eliminate Sacrifice for favor.  Leave sacrifice for things like deed bonuses and refresh.  Step two, do a major increase in favor regen (10x of what it is now).  Step three, let altars be loadable. 

Doing so will allow for a much more enjoyable play style for priests.  They feel trapped in their temples and want to go explore more, without having to sacrifice their daily prayers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

Favor regen is so slow that being a competitive priest with natural regen only is impossible.  We are forced to live a life of wasting things via sacrifice.  With this setup, altars are semi broken, because of PVP.  The broken part is the altars can't be picked up or loaded, yet a large crate with 300 support beams can?  Why?  Because since sacrifice brings loads of favor, taking an altar to a pvp battle is bad for balance or something (or do I have this wrong?)

So step one, eliminate Sacrifice for favor.  Leave sacrifice for things like deed bonuses and refresh.  Step two, do a major increase in favor regen (10x of what it is now).  Step three, let altars be loadable. 

Doing so will allow for a much more enjoyable play style for priests.  They feel trapped in their temples and want to go explore more, without having to sacrifice their daily prayers.

For pvp its gems my friend gems are your friend in pvp sure they could bring almost finished altars finish it on the spot and be done but then they need saccables and long sac timers(too easy to interrupt by spells or archery) where as gems are instant

The only issue with increasing favor regen to say 10x of what it is now is that light token spam can be done none stop and i mean none stop right now its already really quick to get a lot of favor early on to spam light token none stop so a better one would be to raise the amount of favor per tick before it drops off to a trickle from what it is now to say 80 or something that would be a lot better then just upping the gains by 10 as that would lead to sillyness where priests like mag can spam all day and never run out of favor and grind like mental 

I do believe altars should be loadable yes and that saccing for favor in its current setup(and no i dont mean that new idea they came up with thats also bad) isnt quite right either
But a priest should still decide between its point of grinding(altar area) and roaming around so id say maybe swap prayer for a mass that can be performed similar to sermons(without the prayer reset) where a priest talks for a bit to a bunch of people(again like sermon) but the difference being the more people(bonus stacks up to 5 toons) the shorter the timer needed with the total timer being when its alone at 150 seconds and with 5 people being 30 seconds

So basically it just combines the 5 prayers into 1 action and for every person around it lowers the timer by 30 up to a min of 30 and doesnt give any extra faith ticks like sermon would do this way you arent stuck with your priest around an altar potentially for a long time(if you are the forgetful type) yet still get your 5 ticks in a day

Either way changes to favor regen are needed yes as for how exactly who knows really what the best way would be

-1, would mean all a priest need do is afk all day... boring play style

Increasing natural favor regen is not the answer, for me the fix would be to let priests get favor for performing actions the are allowed and be able to choose the favor or the normal reward.

As an example a libila priest can activate a picaxe and then mine a vein and get the shards right?

What if you make it so that the same priest can activate their statuette instead and start mining the vein but gain favor instead of shards/lumps etc?

This way can make statuette ql and enchants for it actually matter.

I can see the need for sacrifice (it's one of the few large bulk item sinks in the game) but it's a poorly designed system.

Faster natural regeneration, yes.  Put it back to where it was before it was nerfed.

Replace it with high speed favour regeneration?  No, that would make alting priests entirely effortless.  I'd rather see priests given a "pool" of fast favour when they sacrifice, so this pool gives 10x favour regeneration while present, when exhausted normal rates apply - only drops when favour is restored.  No need to cap it, let us build up huge pools via huge sacrifices; that way we'll see the item sink effect but without the horrible tedium of being alter chained.