Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

Rainwater

When it rains, water should collect in cavities made of rock or sand. Such a body of water would have a finite amount of water for example 100-200 liters per 1 tile.

Edited by Darnok

Fog spider corpses come to mind.

Items on the ground can impact framerate and server load. Each one of those water containers is an item with an item type of water inside it.

I forget whether rain is global (I think it is?), but if the whole server is raining, think of the tens of thousands of tiles rain containers could spawn on.

Maybe instead open containers on the ground like skull cups, measuring jugs, and buckets could passively collect water as it rains.

• Like 2

+1 I'm all for rain barrels that would collect a select amount of water based on the duration of a rain shower. Could work much like a source spring that collects source water.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Antony said:

Fog spider corpses come to mind.

Items on the ground can impact framerate and server load. Each one of those water containers is an item with an item type of water inside it.

I forget whether rain is global (I think it is?), but if the whole server is raining, think of the tens of thousands of tiles rain containers could spawn on.

Maybe instead open containers on the ground like skull cups, measuring jugs, and buckets could passively collect water as it rains.

Right, maybe not every cavity, but only one that bottom has been lined with some water-impermeable material (clay for example)?

This way you could build a swimming pool with tamed seal next to your villa.

Edited by Darnok
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Darnok said:

Right, maybe not every cavity, but only one that bottom has been lined with some water-impermeable material (clay for example)?

This way you could build a swimming pool with tamed seal next to your villa.

I could see this working with concrete, clay brick and stone brick.

I like the idea of barrels catching rain water as well.  I would say that rain water could also have special health bonuses (perhaps decreasing the rate at which one's thirst diminishes over time for a period of time related to rain water QL? with rain water QL affected by the QL of the container used to collect it?), or that rain increases crop growth by a small percentage if it doesn't already.