Sign in to follow this  
Eleraan

Fix the Benediction Prayer Grind

It is the most upsetting that the optimal way to grind praying is to not be a priest on either PvE/PvP and spam pray at sub 1 faith. That, at the very least, needs to be changed.

3 hours ago, Platyna said:

I have to close 100 rifts, do you want to trade? 😉 

Yes

But more seriously, just invert the impact faith has on prayer difficulty.  Nice and easy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

But more seriously, just invert the impact faith has on prayer difficulty.  Nice and easy.

or at least rework the skill to provide something impactful instead of just gate keeping benediction.
For one of the hardest skills in the game, it gives you essentially no benefit right up until you get your +cast power.

Could even just remove it from being a part of the journal and make the additional cast power you get scale based on your prayer skill.
i.e
50 prayer = +5 cast power flat
70 prayer = +7 flat
or remove the modifier that cuts your tick size in (1/3rd?)
I strongly doubt the difficulty modifier from alignment being changed is going to be make or break for anyone doing the grind personally.

• Like 3

It's more that this is yet another mechanic that answers the question "how to play a priest" with "before you play a priest you must..."

Other topics are "grind rope making by imping traps" or "grind cloth tailoring by imping gloves".

gonna bump this, did the huge mistake to start grinding this at 100 faith, now with 30 prayer it takes 3h with sleep bonus for 1 skill and i guess it get mutch worse, without calculating it seems like i will prolly spend the next 5-600h pushing one button.

• Like 3

I like how not only it's difficult to get because of how easy the action is - there's also a chance to decrease intoxication level by praying, as a final "screw you".

I am not sure how often that happens, though. Mostly because my game window is minimized to the same size as "Golden altar of Vynora" window so I can spam click one button for a few months, all the while paying for this toon.

Please remove faith impact on difficulty. I am not sure why am I punished for getting 100 faith before I learned about this entry. I don't mind bashing my head on an altar for a while, just not for this long. 

• Like 1

Interesting to see this still going.  Took a bit of a break mostly because all the new players I recruited burned out trying to get their priests prayer grind over.  Thought it was going to be hitting the fatigue on making boats that got them... nope. Or raising marsh hundreds of dirt up to floor board them to expand our docks... nope.  Surface mining 10s of thousands of rock? nope... smashing their face against the altar for weeks with months left to go ended up doing it lol.  Mine and their complaint is still the fact that basically doing the grind prevents you from playing the game.  You either smash face to altar or do with out benediction. *shrugs*

• Like 1

On 9/6/2020 at 8:47 PM, Skatyna said:

But is it much difference when you are chained to a forge when you grind your multiple smithing skills up for a crafter? should we change those too? as i really much more prefer queuing prayers and tabbing out to continue my movie for the next 3-4 mins or do something else then being chained to a forge switching various needed tools to improve that fails, so you need repair, then improve again.. 

I see no differ whether priest is chained to an altar or a smith is chained to a forge. 

It actually is very different.  The goal in other players' journal does not specifically say "get 70 weaponsmithing" or "get 70 in a skill which allows no CoC, and a third of other types of skillgain". 

And not to mention, once you have 70 in a smithing skill you can imp other people's stuff for silvers.  With 70 prayer alone, forget about that option.

And all the while the people are paying for this for months on end hitting the same button and hoping to make any progress.

Edited by Fairyshine