Sign in to follow this  
Tigerclaw

Northern Freedom Isles hotas and kingdom wagons.

Like WTF why does pvp get all the good sh@t and pve gets what?

Like they get hotas and Kingdom wagons and so on.

Be nice if we can make hotas and kingdom wagons somehow on pve without having to buy them off pvp players for 30s each or more.

Or go to pvp and get killed and all of own items taken just because we like pvp items and this is the only way we can get them.

Like wtf give the pve something pls.

Everyone says they take the risk, that's why they get the good kingdom items.  Hey look I've got an idea, what about the game and making it better for new ppl that come in to this game? Why not think about that for 2sec and making the game better so the game gets more players and offers more items and options for ppl who don't want to play pvp?

90 Cloth Tailoring  Make othere type'[s of wagons?

90 Masonry / Archaeology Hotas ?

Edited by Tigerclaw
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tigerclaw said:

making it better for new ppl

8 minutes ago, Tigerclaw said:

90 Cloth Tailoring

?

Going to be a big ol' "lol wut" from me. As the pvp community continues to argue that there is no benefit to living on Defiance over a PvE server, colored wagons and some spicy statuary are once again a point of contention. Some small cosmetic benefits are the least of the issues that should be looked at. 

1 hour ago, Tigerclaw said:

Like they get hotas and Kingdom wagons and so on.

Boy do I have news for you, you get your very own kingdom wagon with Freedom regalia on it. There you go, enjoy.

Be nice if we can make hotas and kingdom wagons somehow on pve without (1) having to buy them off pvp players for 30s each or more. 

Everyone says they take the risk, that's why they get the (2) good kingdom items.

(3) Like WTF why does pvp get all the good sh@t and pve gets what

1: Wut

2: Wut

3. Let me know when pvp gets 5+ hours of free sleep bonus a week due to Rite casts.

Edited by Melros
  • Like 2

Like WTF why does pvp get all the good sh@t and pve gets what?

There should be more incentives to play on pvp servers, not less.

Be nice if we can make hotas and kingdom wagons somehow on pve without having to buy them off pvp players for 30s each or more.

It's not possible to get a kingdom wagon on pve at all. As it should be.

Or go to pvp and get killed and all of own items taken just because we like pvp items and this is the only way we can get them.

Where do you get your info regarding pvp servers? If you don't go wandering into enemy territory, you are extremely unlikely to die to other players. Just be smart about it.

90 Cloth Tailoring  Make othere type'[s of wagons?

90 Masonry / Archaeology Hotas ?

The entire purpose of the Hota is to encourage pvp. It makes zero sense for them to be on pve, craftable or otherwise.

I think he might to have some valid point here - we all love customization - I think we should have more customization option. For example why not make PMKs on PVE? It would be fun and a good money sink. I went into details in the dye thread - I don't understand artificially limiting aesthetic customization that gives 0 advantage in game. I fail to understand why black dye was removed and good suggestions how to fix it without complete nerf went on the dead ears, why colour runes require so expensive moon metal and are absurdly random, after like 50 runes made I got none even close to what I wanted, why we can't just dye wood of wagons? Why nice custom items are only on PVP, giving people who PVP enormous economical advantage, as they basically control the custom items market, not the crafters. Why you have to go out of your character and kill a lot of people to get a statue that can be lit? 

We may find this silly but science is pretty clear about it - we like fancy things - even if they are useless. First signs of any civilization are funeral rituals and ornamental items such as jewellery, it is so deeply rooted in us and if well played by the development team it could bring us a lot of joy and them a lot  of profit.  You don't have to look for examples too much - flag one are Counter Strike skins. 

Going to go through the standard points again here, just so they are in a more recent thread for people. This has been argued to death since probably when wild was split.

1 hour ago, Platyna said:

giving people who PVP enormous economical advantage,

This one is new though so going to quickly address the side point: this thread is specifically for NFI stuff. You cannot transfer any item, wagon or otherwise, from Defiance to any PvE server on the cluster. There is no economical advantage here. 

Why you have to go out of your character and kill a lot of people to get a statue that can be lit? 

You don't need to kill anyone necessarily to obtain a hota statue. You simply need to capture the pillars in the appropriate zone. This may even be done with limited to no resistance on Chaos with low population. As for the wagons, you can build any for the basic kingdoms simply by joining the default kingdoms while on Chaos and transferring it back. 

For example why not make PMKs on PVE?

Because the purpose of a PMK is not for cosmetics. It is to provide a series of roles and structures first and foremost. The system is intrinsically linked to those features. Before a PMK even applies for additional art resources, they default to the template kingdom the PMK was founded from. 

---------

Additional art features on PvE servers are basically a non-issue to me. If people want to pay 100 euro for a wagon skin and some banners, I say more power too them. They should be separated from pvp specific rewards however, both to incentives those on more dangerous servers (not by much), and as a trophy for successfully completing events. 

Customs items shouldn't just be for pvp this isn't that hard to work out, there not letting pvp take things to pve as of now on the new server's

and sell the for 50s each watch is good , but still why do they get it and not pve? It would be nice to skin a wagon are dye them. Are have something on pve were we can go fight mods for the hotas..

15 hours ago, Platyna said:

For example why not make PMKs on PVE

copyright laws since they distribute the graphics, policing the uploads of 1 or 2 kingdoms a year (kj has been waiting for their graphics to be added for months) max is a lot easier than everyone in freedom with cash to spare

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

Why should ppl on freedom have to send there cash on pvp items is the point . To get the Customs items thats the joke.

Its like hey i can make a customs item you cant here 30s ..

Edited by Tigerclaw

1 minute ago, Tigerclaw said:

Why should ppl on freedom have to send there cash on pvp items is the point . To get the Customs items thats the joke.

In NFI they don’t. Because they can’t.

They will add it in you know they will.the server will open to pvp to pve just like on the old server's

1 minute ago, Tigerclaw said:

They will add it in you know they will.the server will open to pvp to pve just like on the old server's

I’d like to see a quote or confirmation of this somewhere if you don’t mind.

Like you know this isnt that hard to get , why cant they let use skin wagons and othere things like put them in Premium awards are something.ppl get sick of seeing the green wagons.Like how hard is this to get for you guys ?

Letting anyone make their own graphics - not gonna happen due to potential copyright infringement and dev time taken to implement

Letting anyone craft pmk wagons - isn't fair to the kingdoms that spent time making their graphics, building on pvp, surviving long enough for their graphics to be added just for someone completely unrelated to their kingdom make their items

Letting anyone make the template gear (jk,hots,mr) - Possible, i suggested that some time ago that you should be able to make your kingdoms regalia on freedom. Anyone can join these so it's not like they're going to sell for absurd amounts anyway, and pmks are disabled so you can't even make custom stuff on north servers.

Hotas craftable - Takes away one of the last unique features that pvp has left, you say "Like they get hotas and Kingdom wagons and so on" but that's literally the two things pvp really has that's unique lol, meanwhile on pvp we can't use majority of rift items, no highways, so many missing features i can't be bothered listing them all, lots of features are locked behind dumb restrictions due to abuse concerns, devs constantly ignore any suggestions about it, often neglect it for months at a time just to release some half assed update that just makes things worse. if you wanna trade all that for a hota statue i'll take that deal lol

Just now, Tigerclaw said:

why cant they let use skin wagons and othere things like put them in Premium awards are something.ppl get sick of seeing the green wagons.Like how hard is this to get for you guys ?

Feel free to design a wagon skin and give the rights to the devs to use in their game and see if they add it.

How hard can it be to design a wagon skin ? im sure there's ppl out there would do for the dev team if they cant fine the time.

Shouldnt be that hard to make it red are blue.not green are hey just let use dye them maybe .

Edited by Tigerclaw

It was already established in a different thread a while back why this situation exists.

Specifically - PvP is expensive and the PvP community (the one the Devs listen to since it contains the most whales)  feel they need a way to earn money from PvE.  It is essentially a sanctioned monopoly.

• Like 1

Make all servers pvp let all tree hugers go play minecraft, there, problem solved.

Oh wait Rolf did that already....:)

3 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

It was already established in a different thread a while back why this situation exists.

Specifically - PvP is expensive and the PvP community (the one the Devs listen to since it contains the most whales)  feel they need a way to earn money from PvE.  It is essentially a sanctioned monopoly.

Yes, correctly described. But it is noteworthy that Defiance does not share this privilege. As long as there are no PMK it is not really pressing to change that. But on the long range it might be sensible to establish something allowing at least limited transfer of items from PvP to PvE. Fully opening the sea lanes would compromise the skill tree differences between Defiance and the other NFI servers.

A possible solution would be a "free port" area on either side, comprising of buildings on the Defiance side "to <PvE server capital>". The exporter would then deposit transfer objects, e.g. HotA trophies, incomplete guard towers, PMK stuff etc. as CoD to PvE receiver, with a transfer fee (which might be significantly more than 1c :) ). The receiver on the PvE side would have a free harbour area to receive the stuff. The transfer could be limited to certain items and/or item categories.

Such a mechanism might also be chosen if some time in the future the Epic cluster would be dissolved, and the home servers becoming part of a southern PvP cluster around Chaos. Just some thoughts,  feel free to criticize ;) .

Edited by Ekcin

huge +1 but title is misleading it should just be "Freedom Islands Hotas and Kingdom Wagons" 

Dont think northern freedom has this problem since cant trasnfer junk from pvp.

Hopefully one day they just seperate chaos with a teleporter and give them a big middle finger. either that or transfer it to defiance.

Also note that pvp players are the most vocal on the forums since half of wurm pvp is done on forums.

Edited by Killroth

The current situation is that NFI PvE is so privileged with their high rite rates and sick economy that even a lot of PvPers are choosing to play on PvE just because it's that much better to grind skills on and get money. Which from my point of view is the start of a downwards spiral much like what happened to Epic when this one-way skill transfer was implemented -- even people who want to/would play on PvP, opt to play on PvE instead because it is objectively better for skill grinding and other factors. They cross over with an attitude of "It's fine, I'll just cross back to PvP when there's a fight about to happen!". However, because every kingdom has a group that leaves PvP like this, the odds of a fight happening are drastically decreased because of fewer players that are out roaming etc.

So no, a big fat -1, if anything PvP needs /more/ incentives to play there, such as custom character-bound skins that drop as fight rewards, which of course should cross over to PvE, so that PvErs might feel there's something to be gained out of PvP after all.