Aerthok

The Great Highways Project

Recommended Posts

Progress West of Tavernia has now reached the Crimson Bay Canal crossing, Aerthok is updating the map on the front page to reflect this.

 

Further to Nekojins comment on the numbers here, I would estimate the total length of the road to be around 1,700 catseyes, we also have a number of settlements on the waystones with others on route who have expressed interest in joining, exciting to see a proper road network coming together!

 

In terms of getting good coverage across the map we are still interested in working with deeds from the south west part of the map so if anyone is planning on building any roads up from that direction would be good to hear from you to see if we can connect it all up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Calan I think I see you tied in your highway to mine north of the nest. I have zero issues with this if that was you. :) Well done if it was you sir.

 

Update: Starfall, Frozens Retirement Village, and Dodo's Nest are catseye connected. Eyes are slowly being laid towards the tie in to westroad. Waystones for deeds are in place as is the one on westroad to tie in with. Along the highway after a travel it appears possibly 2-3 more deeds will be connecting to it, I have not however spoken with them directly.

Edited by PsychoDodo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PsychoDodo said:

@Calan I think I see you tied in your highway to mine north of the nest. I have zero issues with this if that was you. :) Well done if it was you sir.


‘‘Twas me, sir! I tried staying well north of your deed, closer to the north shore, while paving east-to-west, until I was pretty much directly north of your deed. Then I came turned it diagonally SE to connect to what seemed a decent junction NW of the start of your highway, which was a couple of bends away from the start. So hopefully it will barely be noticeable.

 

Now I just need eyes... lots of eyes! Something like 300 to connect to my deed, Immanion, to your stretch at the waystone. Then more to return on to working east to near Omeletopia, who’re working on their own highway heading east. I had to stop at a canal, because I don’t yet have the skill to make a dioptra for a bridge. So hopefully we’ll have a nice east-west highway eventually.
 

(Should anyone want to donate eyes — or even better catseyes that don’t need imping — hit up Giskard in game. I’ve only just started breeding some cows, which will hopefully start me on a supply, so I’m a long way off...) 

 

Interesting, where you say ‘to mine’, I’m not sure if you mean ‘my highway’ or as in the action of mining! Lol, that’s WO on the brain. I assume the former, but if the latter — I definitely have no plan for mining near you, though I did encounter an abandoned mine entrance that caused a slight detour early in pathing. 

Edited by Calan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The West Sonata Highway connection...

 

... is now completed and connected. With donations and assistance from several people, I was able to make a path that is hopefully useful for everyone, if not the perfect, straight-shot ideal we all dream of. ;)

 

Using my own old map (it's late, I'm tired, and this was easier to work with!), here's how it looks:

 

xgChMZs.png?1

 

I propose that this stretch of highway be named Coastal Catwalk. I'll be submitting it to the community map once I can get a more precise drawing of the road.

 

Edit: The squiggle by Sonata is probably a little exaggerated in scale. And I didn't mean to post this just yet, because I still have to lay down ~90 Catseyes, but that'll be done within the next half-hour.

 

2nd Edit, 2+ hours later: 80 of the tiles went in without a problem. The last few were a real pain to complete, because it was on a rough slope. I finally got them all connected. And here's proof:
 

xrDbUpt.png

Edited by Nekojin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the completion of Coastal Catwalk, I'm stepping back as a paver, leaving it to others to work on their own areas. That does not mean that I'm saying, "Mission done, KMAYOYO!" - I'm still working to help people get connected. If you have a stretch of road that you need paved and/or Catseyed, get in touch with me (TopCat in-game), and I'll help in whatever way I can. I can sell bundles of bricks, Catseyes, and Waystones for a reasonable cost (and with the Highway now functional, Wagoners can do the deliveries!), and I can travel to pave personal highway connections on commission for a nominal fee. 

Edited by Nekojin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Calan mine would be the highway. I refer to it as mine since I did like, 90% of the work on that whole thing haha. (I'm allowed to be posessive like that).  You nailed it perfectly fine on the connection. I've just completed the original and as I get more and urges/free time/ect I'll add eyes from your marker I see heading towards the straight or you can stop by and pick up eyeballs from me for your own use.

 

Special thanks to Frozenfire (Frozens Retirement Village), Fireberry (Starfall), Indigoe (Whispering Meadows), Maimed (Willow Haven), Cruger (This Old Settlement), People of Crestwood (Dunno who actually runs it), Talios, Vizzer (Saw you dropped a bunch of eyes, dunno who you are) and Seez (Of my own Dodo's Nest) for the help on the network. 

 

3jP0kx.png

 

3jPekv.png

 

Not sure where to put/request a road/highway name. I'd like to request it be called Spiders Gauntlet (We have a huge amount of spiders in the area more than any other type). 

 

Thank you to everyone who helped!

Edited by PsychoDodo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody in the North West who has deeds surrounding this general area, feel free to get in touch with me as we are planning the arterial road network across this NW area below:

 

image.png
 

We are creating canals and navigation lights to guide people in to Port Lahaina, and hopefully establish the port as an easily accessible central location to access the North Western coast from the central regions of the map.

 

I am also tossing around ideas about possibly bridging the river at some point, providing better access to this region from the east (although bare in mind that I haven’t discussed this with anyone yet).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2020 at 10:31 PM, PsychoDodo said:

as I get more and urges/free time/ect I'll add eyes from your marker I see heading towards the straight or you can stop by and pick up eyeballs from me for your own use.

 

That's great--thanks kindly for the offer. I'll stop by soon and take some eyes off your hands if you're around. Or if you can post, send COD and I'll cover postage--my in-game name's Giskard. Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2020 at 3:29 AM, Dirty said:

Anybody in the North West who has deeds surrounding this general area, feel free to get in touch with me as we are planning the arterial road network across this NW area below:

 

image.png
 

We are creating canals and navigation lights to guide people in to Port Lahaina, and hopefully establish the port as an easily accessible central location to access the North Western coast from the central regions of the map.

 

I am also tossing around ideas about possibly bridging the river at some point, providing better access to this region from the east (although bare in mind that I haven’t discussed this with anyone yet).

Hi. Do i understand right and all this lines are canals?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just finished laying 331 catseyes to connect Immanion's part of the highway to the junction outside Dodo's Nest! Next will be to head east to connect up to Omeletopia, afterwhich Immanion's part will be done and I can start focusing on my deed. :)

 

Shout out to @PsychoDodoof Dodos Next and Icecold of Omeletopia who donated 180 eyes and catseyes between them, which saved me a lot of time of hunting down eyes. :)

 

 

pXt9ElA.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2020 at 1:04 AM, DzhoDzhok said:

Hi. Do i understand right and all this lines are canals?

Hey there

 

These lines are roads/highway.

 

Green is already established (without catseyes though), and the red lines are proposed roads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have someone Building our roads, Figured i should post a map of his Approximate Progress so far

zKF6Hdi.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After some discussion with Topedeciffo, I've been "hired" to help make the Coastal Catwalk's approach to Sonata a little less crazy... in order to help bring a Boat Tunnel to the large lake West of Sonata into existence. Coastal Catwalk will be rerouted to the south around the pond just West of Sonata, instead of North, and then making a bridge Northward of where it comes in to connect to the Sonata-Encore highway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone! Just found this topic, so I'd like to upload our alliance's road map. 

The green dotted roads are with catseyes, we're expanding it continuously. Two canals are under construction, if they will be completed there will be an access to the inner lakes from the east sea.



OeBCNn0.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got talking with a few people about the highways nearby and put together this little bit of a map on the east west middle of the map kinda thing. I'm going to try contact the ones building the highway in the east and see if we can't maybe connect it up fully. Here's roughly what it looks like right now (zoomed out so not 100% accurate)

 

I think it'd be pretty snazzy to try connect far east with west through that land bridge and most of the infrastructure is already laid anyways. Shall talk to a few people. 

 

FY8vS9.png

 

 

Edited by PsychoDodo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2020 at 1:15 AM, PsychoDodo said:

Got talking with a few people about the highways nearby and put together this little bit of a map on the east west middle of the map kinda thing. I'm going to try contact the ones building the highway in the east and see if we can't maybe connect it up fully. Here's roughly what it looks like right now (zoomed out so not 100% accurate)

 

I think it'd be pretty snazzy to try connect far east with west through that land bridge and most of the infrastructure is already laid anyways. Shall talk to a few people. 

 

FY8vS9.png

 

 

Hi PsychoDodo, Our Roadbuilder, Kinggred is no longer going to be around. the map i posted earlier is pretty accurate and most of it just needs Catseyes and Waystones. I am wanting to connect it to Encore here soonish and then maybe start working towards getting it towards sonata in the north. I own Ellesburg and am in an Alliance that covers most of the lake i sit on. Feel Free to contact me or Stelioskontos (Owner of Kinkos) for more info. But Ellesburg, Whitley Bay, Persistence Point, The Beaumont, And Kinko's are all ready to be hooked up to the system once we get Eyes and Waystones Layed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Sonata Road builders!  There is a small group of infrastructure builders on the East and South side of Encore that have slowly been connecting up this end.  There is a large mountain range limiting our connection to Encore...but all of that is about to change!  There is currently a large Bridge engineering project underway on the east side of Encore by the Friends of Cadence Alliance that will allow linkage across the island.  Stay tuned for updates!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys! I'm the mayor of Cullowhee, and I'm in an alliance with kinkos and i've been working on the highway a bit. Right now, we have a hwy going straight through N20 that is connected to kinkos. I've extended the road as far west to the edge of the lake, and now am working on an intersection to connect to Omeletopia. We are also working on a hwy going south of N20 to connect to laurenade. I've marked the roads in progress in blueFY8vS9

Edited by Justy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any updates on if theres a highway being built towards r24?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2020 at 7:43 PM, Justy said:

Hi guys! I'm the mayor of Cullowhee, and I'm in an alliance with kinkos and i've been working on the highway a bit. Right now, we have a hwy going straight through N20 that is connected to kinkos. I've extended the road as far west to the edge of the lake, and now am working on an intersection to connect to Omeletopia. We are also working on a hwy going south of N20 to connect to laurenade. I've marked the roads in progress in blueFY8vS9

Update: Hi guys, we have connected Cullowhee to the main highway system and have 61 villages on route. We are located on the drawing below as an orange dot. We are connected through Laurenande to the HWY in dark blue, but I havent seen anything mapping out from there to the rest of the route. We are working north toward Omeletopia now which is colored in light blue, as well as placing catseyes down east to get Kinkos connected to waypoint which is in red. The dark green represents the road connecting to the east side of the lake and reaches to Eldorado.

s3zNUDl.jpg

rEUWwLb.jpg

Edited by Justy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Justy said:

Update: Hi guys, we have connected Cullowhee to the main highway system and have 61 villages on route. We are located on the drawing below as an orange dot. We are connected through Laurenande to the HWY in dark blue, but I havent seen anything mapping out from there to the rest of the route. We are working north toward Omeletopia now which is colored in light blue, as well as placing catseyes down east to get Kinkos connected to waypoint which is in red. The dark green represents the road connecting to the east side of the lake and reaches to Eldorado.

s3zNUDl.jpg

 

Hi @Justy,

 

I'm guessing you already know based on how you drew the light blue, but if you don't - there's a good stretch of leveled 2-tile-wide road from Omeletopia heading due east to the bend going due south in your picture. It was packed dirt at one time, though a good part has gone to grass and trees have begun popping up. But at least that stretch won't need leveling and there aren't too many trees to fell!

 

I did the highway stretch of red from Omeletopia to Immanion (my deed) to Dodo's Nest. The red highway connects to Omeletopia, but it's currently only catseyed up to the west side of the bridge crossing the canal (a short hop to the west of Omeletopia).

 

I've finally turned from highway-making (most of my first month or two on Cadence) to working on my deed, but if you do end up connecting up to the road leading to Omeletopia, I'll be happy help out with paving and continuing catseyes a bit further to the east.  

 

Cheers,

 

Giskard (in-game)

Edited by Calan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Calan said:

 

Hi @Justy,

 

I'm guessing you already know based on how you drew the light blue, but if you don't - there's a good stretch of leveled 2-tile-wide road from Omeletopia heading due east to the bend going due south in your picture. It was packed dirt at one time, though a good part has gone to grass and trees have begun popping up. But at least that stretch won't need leveling and there aren't too many trees to fell!

 

I did the highway stretch of red from Omeletopia to Immanion (my deed) to Dodo's Nest. The red highway connects to Omeletopia, but it's currently only catseyed up to the west side of the bridge crossing the canal (a short hop to the west of Omeletopia).

 

I've finally turned from highway-making (most of my first month or two on Cadence) to working on my deed, but if you do end up connecting up to the road leading to Omeletopia, I'll be happy help out with paving and continuing catseyes a bit further to the east.  

 

Cheers,

 

Giskard (in-game)

I did know about that stretch, i scouted the area out and asked locals before deciding on a route. Should be done in a week or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iam adding this part here 

 

yVfHHsQ.jpeg

 

Adding Coords once its done and we know exactly where everything is

Edited by goemo
Found out how to link image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all! Just a reminder that I am able to add the routes to the map but will need the coords for every section (Beginning and end points for every stretch)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gawain said:

Hey all! Just a reminder that I am able to add the routes to the map but will need the coords for every section (Beginning and end points for every stretch)

Going to add mine when its done and we know for sure where it is 😃

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now