Sign in to follow this  
Coolboy

WurmTrade - Online Marketplace

Good site!

Please can you add natural bulk items such as Woad, Seedlings?

... and if you get around to it: Herbs, Spices, Eggs, Mushrooms, Berries.

Please can we also have a 'Random' or 'Varies'' value for QL - for some items the QL varies day by day e.g. sprouts

For bulk, it might be nice to have a ballpark Total Quantity in stock, or a 'More available' flag.  As well as Price each item, for bulk items it would be nice to have a 'number of items in unit', and 'units available', or allow us to set the unit price and quantity  e.g 1s/k (10k+ in stock) or 1s/large crate of 300 (5 crates in stock) or 4s/100 (1k+ in stock)

Please can we have an archaeology section with individual fragments, combined fragments (including ready to complete+last piece) and finished statues and masks?  Thanks!

How about a 'Wanted' section? :D 

Thanks very much for making this site :) 

Edited by Muse
  • Like 1

On 9/13/2020 at 10:17 AM, Muse said:

Good site!

Please can you add natural bulk items such as Woad, Seedlings?

... and if you get around to it: Herbs, Spices, Eggs, Mushrooms, Berries.

Please can we also have a 'Random' or 'Varies'' value for QL - for some items the QL varies day by day e.g. sprouts

For bulk, it might be nice to have a ballpark Total Quantity in stock, or a 'More available' flag.  As well as Price each item, for bulk items it would be nice to have a 'number of items in unit', and 'units available', or allow us to set the unit price and quantity  e.g 1s/k (10k+ in stock) or 1s/large crate of 300 (5 crates in stock) or 4s/100 (1k+ in stock)

Please can we have an archaeology section with individual fragments, combined fragments (including ready to complete+last piece) and finished statues and masks?  Thanks!

How about a 'Wanted' section? :D 

Thanks very much for making this site :) 

Thanks for all the feedback! I appreciate it :) 

Based on the feedback these are the changes I'm thinking about:

• Add a "Any QL" checkbox when creating a listing which will disable the QL input field
    • Should this checkbox only show up when creating a "Available now/WTS" listing or in "Made on request" as well
  • Add another checkbox next to "Price per quantity" called "Price per" and if that's checked then show another input field where you can supply a number for the "quantity" So the price you set will be per the quantity you set. (Idk if what I just wrote will make sense but it does to me so.... lol) So the price will so 1s/1000 and the quantity will show the total available.
  • I thought about creating a wanted section but felt like it would be a waste, because they can use trade chat in-game and if they wanted something, they can just browse what people are selling. But that being said, if people want a Wanted section, I can add one :) 
  • Yes I can add a new category for natural bulk, there are a few I need to add already and items as well, but one thing I've been working on is ability add multiple items in a listing, i.e if someone is selling an armor set, they can list each item in that set, it's quality (eventually if any enchants on that piece) all in one listing. So that's been taking most of time when I do get to work on WurmTrade.
  • Like 1

i tried adding ropetools and had to choose from a list of metals for materials. tried adding a ship but list of woods is not complete so i couldnt.

On 9/19/2020 at 8:17 AM, Tpikol said:

i tried adding ropetools and had to choose from a list of metals for materials. tried adding a ship but list of woods is not complete so i couldnt.

Hey! I need to add the wood materials into the tools dropdown. Which I can do this weekend! As for the ship, could you tell me which wood type is missing?

Started using the site and have some suggestions/requests/comments:

• Some form of "any X skill item" for requests. Instead of listing file, awl, leather knife, hammer, etc. it would be nice to just say "any tool"
  • When making a new listing, it would be good if it automatically filled in your server and location for pickup.
  • When listing a baking stone and mortar and pestle, marble was not an option. It would be good to pass through and make it so appropriate materials were available to relevant items.
  • Sorting by tool/weapon/etc. seems less effective than sorting by skill used to create. For example, sickles, carving knives, and butchering knives are listed under both tools and weapons. If they were instead listed by the skill used to make them, it would avoid having two categories with the same item.
  • Adding a note to item sales would be helpful. Some way of noting enchants or similar would be great.
  • The default listings per page can probably be increased. 10 listings per page is kind of low. I'd recommend 25 or even 50. I'd much rather scroll than have to go to the next page.
  • When marking a listing as sold, it should automatically fill the sold price with the one it was listed for.

I'll be sure to post more as I think of them.

• Like 1

Hello,

first of all: Great idea with the website! Sadly it seems the website does not send me a confirmation mail to my mail-address. I tried hitting the resend button yesterday and a couple of minutes ago, but there is no mail to be found (yes, i checked all folders, including spam). The mail address is an @web.de address, so maybe either they block your mail address or the other way around.

I would appreciate it if you could either tell me which address the mail will be coming from (so I can add it to the whitelist) or verify my guess with the mail being just not send / returned.

• Like 1

Interesting concept and I'll give it a go :)   One suggestion, would it be possible for merchants to add in their profile the forum ID of their wurm forum user to the account page?  This would enable you to add PM links for the forums here as an option for buyers to get hold of sellers.

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/messenger/compose/&to=XXXXX

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 11:42 PM, Sindusk said:

Started using the site and have some suggestions/requests/comments:

• Some form of "any X skill item" for requests. Instead of listing file, awl, leather knife, hammer, etc. it would be nice to just say "any tool"
  • When making a new listing, it would be good if it automatically filled in your server and location for pickup.
  • When listing a baking stone and mortar and pestle, marble was not an option. It would be good to pass through and make it so appropriate materials were available to relevant items.
  • Sorting by tool/weapon/etc. seems less effective than sorting by skill used to create. For example, sickles, carving knives, and butchering knives are listed under both tools and weapons. If they were instead listed by the skill used to make them, it would avoid having two categories with the same item.
  • Adding a note to item sales would be helpful. Some way of noting enchants or similar would be great.
  • The default listings per page can probably be increased. 10 listings per page is kind of low. I'd recommend 25 or even 50. I'd much rather scroll than have to go to the next page.
  • When marking a listing as sold, it should automatically fill the sold price with the one it was listed for.

I'll be sure to post more as I think of them.

Sorry for the late replies, been working on a project for work that's been taking most of my time.

• For the any tool, that's where the service section will come into play, you'll be able to list the service you offer, i.e making any tool'
  • Yeah I can see what i can do with auto filling, I can probably add those details on the account profile level so one you pick a server it will auto fill pickup location if selected
  • Not every item has been added yet or materials, I add them once someone lets me know it's missing!
  • As for enchantments, I was working on a section where you can list what the enchants are but haven't finished it yet
17 hours ago, Nomadikhan said:

Interesting concept and I'll give it a go :)   One suggestion, would it be possible for merchants to add in their profile the forum ID of their wurm forum user to the account page?  This would enable you to add PM links for the forums here as an option for buyers to get hold of sellers.

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/messenger/compose/&to=XXXXX

Great idea and I can add that as an alternative to what I've been working on here and there. The plan is to be able to "request" an item right off the site which would send a notification to the seller.

6 hours ago, Sqorpius said:

Hello

Can you add options for enchants on tools ,weapons etc. :)

Yup it's still in development phase, was hoping to have it done a couple of weeks ago but got busy with IRK work project. I will have more free time this upcoming weekend so hoping to get it complete then.

• Like 1

That site looks amazing! It looks like it's not still being used-- is this something people could still use if it got enough traction, or does it not work? Thanks either way!

Link is dead is this still up got 404 not configured azure error etc

8 hours ago, Captain said:

Link is dead is this still up got 404 not configured azure error etc

yeah, it's been dead for three years buddy. lol. you just necro'd the thread.

Edited by Camelrider

Well it did not say it was dead lol

Meh oh well