Coolboy

WurmTrade - Online Marketplace

Recommended Posts

Hello my fellow merchandise sellers! I have created a wonderful tool that takes the guess work of what who is selling, what they are selling, and for how much. WurmTrade was created to make trading in Wurm easy (no sales experience required). This tool will help you from missing out on great deals brought to you by other Wurmians.

 

https://wurmtrade.com/ is a centralized marketplace for anyone to use to list their WTS listings. Feel free to check it out and start using it!

 

If there are any missing categories, items or materials you would like me to add please let me know as well as any suggestions or feature requests!

 

To-do:

  • Enchantments on a listing -- In development, eta 9/20/2020
  • Allow additional items to be added to a listing (combos)
  • Add request/buy functionality to a listing
  • Add auction and service listing types
  • Add seller "online" status
  • Auto close listings from sellers who are inactive on the site
  • Add site/email notifications
  • Add other wurm clusters
  • Add filter for "Available now" and "Made on request"
  • Make site mobile friendly
Edited by Coolboy
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like it works only for the new cluster (NFI).

Edited by Platyna
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Platyna said:

Looks like it works only for the new cluster (NFI).

 

Yes for now, if people would like to have other clusters on the site I can definitely add them.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice! I had some thoughts on putting together something like this.

  • Definitely expand to the other clusters, this could be a useful tool.
  • There could be separate areas for "available now" and "make on demand".
  • Similarly, there could be auctions. Players are notoriously bad at running auctions, including how they label their items, buyouts, reserves, timelines...

The biggest barrier is discoverability. Enough people will need to know about this to get dragged away from the official forums and Trade channel. I think a site like this can do a much better job than both of those places, if you can get adoption.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can you add a category for buildings such as forges/smelters etc? not really a tool :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Chakron said:

Nice! I had some thoughts on putting together something like this.

  • Definitely expand to the other clusters, this could be a useful tool.
  • There could be separate areas for "available now" and "make on demand".
  • Similarly, there could be auctions. Players are notoriously bad at running auctions, including how they label their items, buyouts, reserves, timelines...

The biggest barrier is discoverability. Enough people will need to know about this to get dragged away from the official forums and Trade channel. I think a site like this can do a much better job than both of those places, if you can get adoption.

 

Thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it! I will add separate areas for available now and made on request or make a drop-down for it for people to filter on. As for auctions, I do plan on adding those in the future, I didn't want to spend too much time working on this and other adding additional features just to have no one use it. But you are correct, the site needs to be spread in order to become useful for everyone.

 

19 minutes ago, hellsbliss said:

can you add a category for buildings such as forges/smelters etc? not really a tool :)

 

Added a new category called Furnaces :) I'll be finishing the 'request new category' form tonight so everyone will be able to do it on the site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a great site and should improve competition as well as trade traffic.

 

I'd suggest also considering that material can matter in sales. For example, iron, steel, silver, and lead for weapons or iron, bronze, and steel for armour. These can make a bit of a difference and right now the offerings on the site do not clarify which material the items are made from.

 

Edit: Nevermind, I'm blind. It's just really hard to see.

Edited by Sindusk
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are making exactly what i was trying to prototype to see how my layout glad to see i dont have to work on it ;)

I can tell there is some inspiration from poe.trade if im not mistaken?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sindusk said:

This is a great site and should improve competition as well as trade traffic.

 

I'd suggest also considering that material can matter in sales. For example, iron, steel, silver, and lead for weapons or iron, bronze, and steel for armour. These can make a bit of a difference and right now the offerings on the site do not clarify which material the items are made from.

 

Edit: Nevermind, I'm blind. It's just really hard to see.

 

Haha yeah I recently decreased the font from 16px to 14px to allow more room in the table for future columns. One thing I would love to add is picture but I don't want to spend hours taking pictures/grabbing them from the wiki. I'll have to see if any of the devs could give me all the icons they use in the inventory so I can add them to the site.

 

40 minutes ago, wipeout said:

You are making exactly what i was trying to prototype to see how my layout glad to see i dont have to work on it ;)

I can tell there is some inspiration from poe.trade if im not mistaken?

 

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thing about this! If you have any suggestions please let me know! And nope, a friend of mine actually told me about poe.trade after I was showing him the site. I checked it out and the it just looked confusing to be honest, but that's probably because I've never played the game so have no idea about the item system.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Coolboy said:

 

Haha yeah I recently decreased the font from 16px to 14px to allow more room in the table for future columns. One thing I would love to add is picture but I don't want to spend hours taking pictures/grabbing them from the wiki. I'll have to see if any of the devs could give me all the icons they use in the inventory so I can add them to the site.

 

 

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thing about this! If you have any suggestions please let me know! And nope, a friend of mine actually told me about poe.trade after I was showing him the site. I checked it out and the it just looked confusing to be honest, but that's probably because I've never played the game so have no idea about the item system.


https://imgur.com/a/KUGzptH

Here is an album containing some images but the easiest way is to just go to the wurm installation folder then packs then unzip graphics.jar and poke around there and you will find all icons and all graphical data for the game  that sohuld hsave you a lot of time

And well it might seem confusing but if you discount the items and all of its stats you basically have the basics there a list of all items with easy to copy paste tell info and such(its what reminded me of poe.trade)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta add the old servers too, otherwise a good job.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

really nice site, hope it gets traffic

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really nice ... except no old cluster available yet 😢

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can you add some way to filter out "made upon request" theres alot of spam in weapons with every weapon being listed as made upon request.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Syhl said:

Really nice ... except no old cluster available yet 😢

15 hours ago, Quicktor said:

really nice site, hope it gets traffic

Thanks and being able to add listings for other clusters will be going live tonight!

 

9 hours ago, Sedrik said:

can you add some way to filter out "made upon request" theres alot of spam in weapons with every weapon being listed as made upon request.

I've added a new filter that allows you to filter between "Available now" and "Made on request", it will be going live tonight as well!

 

Tonight = 12am EST.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Other clusters and viewing based on availability has been added.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Correct me if i'm wrong but Sprouts are not available in any Category

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Syhl said:

Correct me if i'm wrong but Sprouts are not available in any Category

I have added a new category called Forestry :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd fully endorse this site!
let a new era begin! \o/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Antony said:

Very clean. Nice.

Thank you!

 

Just updated the UI a bit more, I've added tabs on the home page, so now you can tab between trade and merchant ads(made on request) listings. You can also copy URL to a single listing or click on the seller name to view all their listings/share the page with other people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Works well. Though cloth armor set is missing. Maybe add "cloth armor set" with price range. for example cloth armor set 1-1.2s, putting all combos would be hassle

 

EDIT: another thing could add list which cloth parts can be included in set for that price ( so you can exclude red tunics etc and keep specific parts )

 

Edited by Martynas5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Martynas5 said:

Works well. Though cloth armor set is missing. Maybe add "cloth armor set" with price range. for example cloth armor set 1-1.2s, putting all combos would be hassle

 

EDIT: another thing could add list which cloth parts can be included in set for that price ( so you can exclude red tunics etc and keep specific parts )

 

Sorry about that, I thought I added all the sets as well but looks like I forgot them in cloth armor. I can add that in!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of you informed me that verification email weren't being delivered, so I've gone ahead and added a "Resend verification" button in the "My account" section. If you continue to have issues to verify your email please send me a DM here on the forum!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now