Sign in to follow this  
Fengist

Anchor damage

Wogic.

Rowboat - 4 weeks old, been on deed most of the time. - 0.0 damage.
Anchor - 1 week old. Used a few times while dredging then returned to the rowboat hold - 19.8 damage.

???

Apparently, from what I've read, if I had pitched that anchor over the side and moored the rowboat, it would have taken 0 damage.

Does it make sense that a 20 kilo anchor lying in the bottom of a boat is going to take massive damage compared to lying on the bottom of the ocean where it would take none?

Seagulls, man. They see the anchor, and it becomes a target. 😁

• Cat 1

5 minutes ago, Nekojin said:

Seagulls, man. They see the anchor, and it becomes a target. 😁

Makes more sense than anything I've come up with.

tried improving that anchor to some 60ql? 

most of the chaps use it creation ql and then moan it takes damage lol...

15 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

tried improving that anchor to some 60ql? 

most of the chaps use it creation ql and then moan it takes damage lol...

Should it really matter whether I buy a $200 boat anchor at a dealership or tie a cinder block onto some nylon rope.  Neither should take that amount of damage in the space of a week.

Edited by Fengist
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Fengist said:

Should it really matter whether I buy a $200 boat anchor at a dealership or tie a cinder block onto some nylon rope.  Neither should take that amount of damage in the space of a week.

yes it does matter. One will last for a long time, while your cylinder bock will snap the rope and be gone first use

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skatyna said:

yes it does matter. One will last for a long time, while your cylinder bock will snap the rope and be gone first use

A very popular mooring anchor design is a hunk of concrete with a rope tied to it due to both it being inexpensive and relatively durable.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fengist said:

Wogic.

Rowboat - 4 weeks old, been on deed most of the time. - 0.0 damage.
Anchor - 1 week old. Used a few times while dredging then returned to the rowboat hold - 19.8 damage.

???

Apparently, from what I've read, if I had pitched that anchor over the side and moored the rowboat, it would have taken 0 damage.

Does it make sense that a 20 kilo anchor lying in the bottom of a boat is going to take massive damage compared to lying on the bottom of the ocean where it would take none?

When the boat is moored with an anchor it is part of the boat. And because boats decay so slowly to begin with, the anchor responds in kind as it is one with that boat.
When it's left in the hull of a boat, it's just another random item left in a container. No different than any other low QL item you may have set aside in a chest somewhere.

Actually makes perfect sense to me.

• Like 1

It makes perfect sense for anyone who understands the workings of wurm.

Probably a foolish pursuit to try to compare it to real life.

• Like 2