Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Wurm Online Fan-fiction Competition!

fanfic2.png

"Quoth the server - 404 "

Day of the Ant, Week three, Omen Starfall

A hot summer brings good crops and good fortune but also bears a warning of an even harsher winter. When the cold winds started blowing early in week two of Dancer Starfall, I knew we were in for a fierce winter. , the local Vynora priest would shake her head anytime the farmers approached her for advice about the coming weather. 

If we were to survive the coming months, I knew I'd have to prepare. The bears were fattening up for winter, so I knew they'd be good hunting, and their furs would keep us warm. 

I dug out my old armour from my adventuring days, chain links of the finest steel, smithed by a legendary smith only known as Blob. It had been a while since I'd worn this armour, but it fit as if I took it off the day before. 
I geared up my horse, Heartrain and followed the path to the edge of the village. Hunters had mentioned a bear cave to the west. I'd have to be cautious though; I didn't want to find more than one bear at a time. 

The road west was a solid one, built years ago by a team of highway workers, paved with roughly shaped cobble and lined with small stones that were shifted out of the way by the roadwork crew. I knew my destination, but I did not understand what danger awaited me. If only I knew... 

That's write!

Want to stretch your literary wings? Will grab your reed pen, squeeze an octopus and get writing! 

We're looking for entries of fan-fiction as our community contest! We'll be hosting competitions covering a variety of talents, from none to less than none! (To provide a baseline, I, Retro, master bard will be contributing in all competitions just to show anyone without talent can do it!) 

Simply submit your fan-fiction to this thread in a spoiler by the end of September and you could win a prize of premium time!

• First prize: 3 months premium time
  • Second prize: 2 months premium time
  • Third prize: 1 month premium time

Entries close 30th September.

May the literary goddess be with you (That's Vynora) 

P.S. The amount of times this has already been asked is disturbing, but no erotica! 

• Like 8
  • Cat 1

a sonnet, a shanty, a poem, a lymeric, or a full epic perhaps? what to write.... hmmm...

Edited by leander
  • Like 1

Ohhh so many ideas! Where to start...

27 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

P.S. The amount of times this has already been asked is disturbing, but no erotica! 

Nevermind...

• Like 1
  • Cat 2

1 hour ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

wurm fan fiction you say 651914053266178051.png?v=1

It was a cold lonely night on elevation... that is, until Gary appeared in the doorway.

Edited by Radni
  • Like 1

Thankfully, no erotica != no romance. My neighbours are going to be so excited so be the stars of my twilight-esque wurm masterpiece. 

Edited by Arronicus

Haiku for Rotten Hollow

Spoiler

The cobra writhes;

Another deemed unfit.

A somber ride home.

• Like 10
  • Cat 1

Lol sounds fun why not.  Here is my completely fictitious story.  Absolutely no basis in reality.  Completely not based on real personally experienced events.  <,< now that we have that clear have my:

Noob's Tail

Spoiler

The prickly grass hurt beneath his bare feet and he cursed himself once again.  Why had he tossed aside that leather armor?  At the time it had seem so heavy and slow, the roads so safe and smooth.  He glanced behind as grass rustled in his wake, no not his but his pursuer.  A huge lizard slid across the ground on four legs chasing after him relentlessly.  If only he had a moment to catch his breath.  To ease the burning of his lungs but if he slowed now it would catch him! Already the jaws were snapping closer with each step.   How had he gotten himself into this mess? A short walk down the road from Linton… just to see the countryside… But then the woods seemed safe and that mountain so intriguing.

Except the mountain that seemed so close was further than he expected, and the woods had been filled with wolves.  He had ducked and dodge hiding behind trees barely eluding his pursuers only to run into another around every tree! Then the clearing had appeared a flat treeless grassland of spiky grass had seemed to safe.  He would be able to see them coming for sure! And perhaps over that hill a bit of water… he licked his lips hopefully.  Maybe a little pond hidden on the side of one of these hills.  Sure, he hadn’t seen water since that visit to harbor, but it couldn’t be that rare right?

Maybe I should head back towards the road…it is getting dark.  But what is that! Is that a HORSE! Aha rope don’t fail me now!  Yes! There it was a horse of beautiful gray, such a majestic sight! And so docile!  How easily it lets me lead it along…. Now if it would just hold still so I can get on it….ouch.  Ok maybe later…  Ooo that horse looks interesting… its black! And are those flames… Come here pretty… ouch… no biting!  Ok you… I’ll remember you… you just wait…. me and my pretty rare gray horse don’t need you. 

And then the stupid lizard showed up… unlike the wolves it just won’t stop… why does it say it is angry?? Here eat this yummy horse!  Wait why are you still chasing me…. trees don’t fail me now! I’m almost there…. Ouch… now I’m limping again? No… bad lizard… eat the horse.. eat the horse!!

Ahh, Linton once again… this time I’ll stay nice and safe.  Although… that mountain does look interesting.  Oooo what kind of tree is that…

• Like 2

Golden Valley 

The name we all know, 
Once we called it our home. 
The home where we all were born,
The home we left to discover world
Wide and long.

Roses are red, 

violets are blue!

I love highways,

and you should too!

;)

Edited by Platyna
  • Like 2

My entry

Spoiler

The bards cried out, their small bells clanging, summoning the village into a small, but intrigued crowd.

The adventurer had returned from far lands, and had tales to speak. He lifted his helmet, and yelled out:
"WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE "

• Like 9

I have one too:

Spoiler

[08:21:57 You are born.

[08:21:57] You enter Freedom Isles.
[08:41:40] You dig a hole.
[08:41:40] You drop a dirt.

[08:41:41] You die of old age.

[08:41:42] You leave Freedom Isles.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Madnath said:

My entry

Reveal hidden contents

The bards cried out, their small bells clanging, summoning the village into a small, but intrigued crowd.

The adventurer had returned from far lands, and had tales to speak. He lifted his helmet, and yelled out:
"WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE WE LIKE FORTNITE "

#freefortnite

See id write some but well id prob get a warning for it :(

2 hours ago, Madnath said:

My entry

Reveal hidden contents

I narrated Madnath's moving tale.

• Like 2

I have a couple of questions, does the text have to be written in English or can it be written in another language? Is there a maximum or minimum limit on the size of the text?

40 minutes ago, Frederick said:

I there a maximum or minimum limit on the size of the text?

Say no, retro.

I dare you.

My try.

Spoiler

Southern island, dream to be. 

Happen on Sermons with priest:

[19:31:42] <Slackest> (Rel) maybe for deed owner, KoS = Kiss on Sight

And on lovely peacefull life on Harmony.

What can go wrong:

[08:35:43] You are now within the hostile perimeter of <deed name> l and will be attacked by kingdom guards.
[08:35:59] You enter <deed name>

[08:36:52] You are now too far away to attack a Spirit templar.

[08:37:15] Freedom Isles tower guard moves in to attack you.

Since then my life had been Harmony.

Spoiler

Let's not sugarcoat it, it was a miserable day. Probably sometime in the middle of silence.
The blizzard was raging hard and showed no signs of stopping.

I had two forges lit just to keep my fingers from falling off, you know how hard it is to thread a needle while you're shivering?

Anyway, there was this fiery steed staring at me from across the deed, watching me stud leather. 

I picked up the Jammy Dodger on Pristine just a few days earlier while we were out slaying that white dragon.

So day turns to night, I swear I'd made enough studded leather sets to suit every soldier in Jenn-Kellon.

It's dark outside, and I mean really dark-- but I can still see this god forsaken horse still staring at me.

I stick my head out the window and yell 'Hey buddy! What do you think you're doing!?'

The horse shakes its head at me and I flip out. I remember thinking to myself 'I'll show him!', like yeah, big tough guy all of a sudden.

I step outside-- step right back in. Way too cold, back to the forges.

Then all of a sudden, hand on heart, I hear this voice coming from the stables. 

No word of a lie, it's the horse. But I couldn't make out what he was saying, drowned out by the wind, it must've been.

I tell myself 'This could be huge, an actual talking horse. I could be rich.' I send myself a warm thought and a prayer to Magranon. Look for my cloak- can't find my cloak, remember I don't have a cloak.

Bust open the workshop door, take one step outside...

Wind blows me right into a stone wall, knocks me out cold. Real cold...

Woke up the following morning to find the horse kneeling over me.

Must've broke out of its pen to keep me warm through the night.

Horse turns to me and says 'Hey buddy, why the long face?'

I'll see myself out.

Edited by Antony
Improving quality

Okay, for real let me try, but mind most of the things I wrote in last years were "the adventures of Cytochrome Oxidase Subunit 1", so don't laugh that hard. 

Music to read this: 

Spoiler

A road engineer sits on the slate sideways, contemplating a long row of shining catseyes vanishing in the distance. She supports herself on her hand, touching the cold stone, it is a winter time, the snow is slowly flowing - fighting with the pavement, remnants of the leaves, naked branches and even her armour. She knows it is going to win.

She looks around at the dormant world, the silence is only broken by the wind, the only worthy counterpart to the snow. She leans her head to see how the road ditch fills with the whiteness, and how fast the greenery of the moss is retreating.

They say I am supposed to be meditating. How to make my thoughts, so troubled and disturbing to flow into calmness?

The cold starts to bite through her armour, but she stays on, motionless like a statue.

My hands are the worker's hands, covered by the crust of thick skin and the road dust, well polished by the shovel handle. Cold can do nothing to them.

She contemplates a long dark row of the trees in the alley, running towards the mountain's face that draws itself timidly on the night sky down the highway. Jack Frost brings the stars so bright and the moons are hanging so low above the horizon, the skies are illuminated like it was daylight, giving a weird light, cold and planetary, reflecting on a waystone that casts a long dispersed shadow.

The cold goes up through her body, she feels so weak and tired, she feels she could use some sleep.

But my heart is made of the paving stone, firmly sustained by my unconquerable soul, some chill can do no harm to it. 

She hears nothing, even the wind seems to give up in its fight with the snow. She lays down, her white hair pours out of her cap, some snowflakes are melting on her cheek turning into water droplets streaming down her neck.

Here she lays, a lady of stone, where she began she now ends.

Edited by Platyna
  • Like 19

*Entry Withdrawn

Thank you

Edited by Gumbo
  • Like 3

Any clear sense of limit on the entry? Maybe within reason... Hmmm... Well I have a idea for a entry. Got time to work on it. My Final entry in the series I wrote years ago and have tried to revive once or twice but RL loves to kick me in the butt.