Sign in to follow this  
SirJadyn

Mycelium To Be Allowed On Freedom

2 hours ago, atazs said:

"It only spreads in domain guys!"

And once again, what exactly is stopping people from spamming altars all over the place to increase the domain and ruin people's landscapes, local, or even potential deed expansion? 

On freedom it should need both Domain AND correct deed influence like a deed that allows it. This means it cannot leave a deed. Thus preventing grieving.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PotatoOnStick said:

On freedom it should need both Domain AND correct deed influence like a deed that allows it. This means it cannot leave a deed. Thus preventing grieving.

So mycelium wouldn't be able to appear/spread off deed? Okay, so what if someone resizes the deed or the deed disbands? 

Maybe it wouldnt spread, but it would still leave a nasty mark. 

Edited by atazs

15 hours ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

compared to without it where you just fast a few times then sacc a rare rock shard with a couple of nibbles of pizza inbetween

Are you making a joke of whole cooking content that everybody else have to use?

Haven't seen rare shards falling from the skies, so you have to do something to get one.. or pizzas to fall from trees.. while this tile is literally standing on it.. to refill passively.. a bit op, don't you think?

1 minute ago, Finnn said:

Haven't seen rare shards falling from the skies, so you have to do something to get one.. or pizzas to fall from trees.. while this tile is literally standing on it.. to refill passively.. a bit op, don't you think?

No not really

You get an average of 1 rare every 2 hours, and knowing everyones luck its gonna be something useless like an iron lump or a rock shard or a wood scrap or whatever, or you go hunting for a few hours collecting recipes you see and suddenly you've got 20+ of those goblin liver and onion recipes, food takes a few hours to go from 84% to 8% to fast again, and you sacc every 3 or 4 fasts to jump back up to 99% nutrition, you won't lose fat layers doing this. You use about 1 rare per 10 hours of gameplay doing this (spread over how ever many days it takes you to play 10 hours in total), and in that 10 hours you're gonna get a couple of useless rares you can sacc generally. food is a non-issue if you use sacrificing rares and fasting smartly. i've literally not eaten anything other than affinity nibbles in over a year, and i'm not even fo to get the slower food usage or a path of love who gets a free refresh.

5 hours ago, atazs said:

So mycelium wouldn't be able to appear/spread off deed? Okay, so what if someone resizes the deed or the deed disbands? 

So I actually thought about that! :P The best way to explain it; Currently at rifts you have mycelium spawn as well(albeit small patches). When this happens and the rift closes, the mycelium usually clears up in a few days. The devs several years back actually nerfed the spread of mycelium and buffed grass taking over mycelium if it did not meet the requirements to exist. If its put in, and it turns out it exists far too long, maybe buff grass spreading a bit more agressively to mycelium.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, atazs said:

I agree with you in the fact that once a deed with Mycellium has disbanded it should just be overgrown or slowly go away like Nicrolis above stated.This way griefing with it is nearly impossible.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2020 at 4:35 PM, PotatoOnStick said:

Well if Mycelium was only allowed on deed, inside libila influence and would not spread off deed and would easily be overtaken by grass, then i dont mind

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

3 hours ago, atazs said:

Well if Mycelium was only allowed on deed, inside libila influence and would not spread off deed and would easily be overtaken by grass, then i dont mind

As I stated in the suggestion, Peoples main concern with Mycelium is the thought of people being able to grief with it. Doing it the way I had suggested would mean that it couldn't spread period, the only way for Mycelium to spawn at all would be by the Libila Priest on the deed making Mycelium on the deed.

This would make it impossible to grief as even if someone dropped a deed and made a bunch of Mycelium much like it does at rifts in two days, the Mycelium is no longer present and has been overtaken by grass again.

Unless it's an extremely popular spot there'll always be that grace period between land being unclaimed and reclaimed, long enough for houses to decay and mycelium to wither.

bumping this. lib priest on freedom. would love to have mycelium on my deed please.

• Cat 1

yes a double post. brothers and sisters look at what they did to us.

oXabFXm.jpginwdL11.jpgIvs5HvZ.jpguDbfmvz.jpg

worst of all my gentle followers!!!!

3IxeKwK.jpg

please i beg of you. cease this discrimination against us libilians. thank you.

On 9/1/2020 at 3:46 AM, Odynn said:

mycelium dissapear on freedom since it's not within a libila based kingdom, have nothing to do with grass eating it away, it just wither on it's own.

While the idea might not be that bad, it's begging to be abused and as such will be a big NO from me.

Who cares if it is? What isn't abused in wurm?

+2 just make it to spread/grow only in lib alter presence on Freedom only

• Like 1

Mycelium in PvE? If it can be packed with a shovel, sure.

On 9/1/2020 at 6:14 AM, RainRain said:

It doesn't give CCFP, but it freezes it- allowing people who follow libila to stay on 100% ccfp's without eating.

PvE libila followers can absorb dead unbutchered bodies for the same healing as mycelium, so I don't see why it needs to be on freedom anyways, other than aesthetics I guess.

as a forever lib follower on every server cluster, the ccfp doesnt stay frozen it goes back to 0 over time even if you are standing on myc forever (all my sermon alts ccfp is gone within a few hours while on myc)

• Like 1

On 9/1/2020 at 5:08 PM, GorgonKain said:

-1 There are already altar wars on freedom as it is, this would cause even more contention between nearby deeds if someone didn't want mycellium on their deed.

...there are altar wars? I thought all altars are on Chaos??

Srry, got confused between official altars (black light and altar of three) and the other kind