Sign in to follow this  
SirJadyn

Mycelium To Be Allowed On Freedom

So I was talking to some friends of mine about the follower benefits of Libila, and I realized that a huge part of the follower bonus is the use of Mycelium. However, Mycelium isn't allowed on Freedom and I'm curious as to why.

I imagine it would not be hard to limit mycelium only to a deeds border, as well as only allowing Mayors or Co-Mayors to cast it on the deed. To my knowledge grass is more aggressive then Mycelium without HOTS influence. For proof of this you can look at Rifts as the Mycelium tiles spawned by them are eaten up by the grass in a matter of days. If people are worried about not having to eat while standing on the tiles, they could turn down the max amount of nutrition to keep it under 90. 

With these in place, I can't find a reason that Mycelium would be overpowered or being able to be used for Griefing.

• Like 9
  • Cat 1

Seems fun! I promote this idea that I am hearing for the first time today!

• Cat 1

mycelium dissapear on freedom since it's not within a libila based kingdom, have nothing to do with grass eating it away, it just wither on it's own.

While the idea might not be that bad, it's begging to be abused and as such will be a big NO from me.

• Like 3

I have been saying this for YEARS! Also a note on the eating thing, if people are annoyed that it means a lib follower doesnt have to leave to eat... You just have to remember that it doesnt give CCFP. Pizzas and some other foods will fill that in the first bite, as well as giving affinities. Mycelium wont give either of those. It shouldnt either.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nicrolis said:

I have been saying this for YEARS! Also a note on the eating thing, if people are annoyed that it means a lib follower doesnt have to leave to eat... You just have to remember that it doesnt give CCFP. Pizzas and some other foods will fill that in the first bite, as well as giving affinities. Mycelium wont give either of those. It shouldnt either.

It doesn't give CCFP, but it freezes it- allowing people who follow libila to stay on 100% ccfp's without eating.

PvE libila followers can absorb dead unbutchered bodies for the same healing as mycelium, so I don't see why it needs to be on freedom anyways, other than aesthetics I guess.

• Like 1

I would love mycelium, and it would be cool if it spawned mushrooms, like it does IRL. 😉 It is pretty, and I wished to have a piece of my deed with a chequered or striped pattern of all tiles, but gave up on this idea as it would be incomplete. 

Edited by Platyna
  • Cat 1

2 hours ago, Nicrolis said:

In any case, Lib followers have to deal with some other downsides anyway. Including a taming nerf (is this still the case?) and the fact that bushes/trees on myc do not bear fruit.

Somoene who decides to follow Lib on pve should absolutely be able to use myc. There's not exactly much upside to being Lib without it.

• Like 1

Could do a similar system to lingonberries on mycelium. Have mushroom patches with a subtle model when not in season, then a patch of mushrooms when in season. Harvest with sickle for consistency (or maybe knife/butcher knife). 

-1 There are already altar wars on freedom as it is, this would cause even more contention between nearby deeds if someone didn't want mycellium on their deed.

6 minutes ago, GorgonKain said:

-1 There are already altar wars on freedom as it is, this would cause even more contention between nearby deeds if someone didn't want mycellium on their deed.

If you don't want it, you should be able to cultivate it. 

5 hours ago, RainRain said:

PvE libila followers can absorb dead unbutchered bodies for the same healing as mycelium, so I don't see why it needs to be on freedom anyways, other than aesthetics I guess.

Consuming bodies merely heals a person based on the CR of the mob and honestly it is not worth it in any aspect in my eye's. The only good thing about it is that it gives butchering skill but honestly there is no reason to use it unless you are in a life threatening scenario and need HP fast.

25 minutes ago, GorgonKain said:

Mate, Mycellium won't have an effect on that because everyone can already swap to lib as is. The only thing it would change is the demographics for who follows what deity and if you plan altars half decently it should not be an issue regardless. Edit: The OP also mentioned that Mycellium gets overgrow by grass if not on HoTS Influence so in this example deed. So it cant even spread on its own unless it is on a persons deed who summoned it himself.

Edited by PotatoOnStick

It would be extremely OP to be able to absorb mycelium/dead corpses to heal (especially in Unique fights and Rifts), stay on 100% food and 99% nutrition, it also freezes CCFP, and it can be heavily abused by people spamming libila altars all over the place and making the whole of freedom full of mycelium or simply ruining someone's local, possibly even their deed with it. 

I know i wouldn't want the last part happening to me. 

Edited by atazs

+1 ,    dont see any real issue with it added ...plus isent consume corps like 8 or 18 minute reuse timer ?

Also being able to cast strongwall on PVE for Libila be nice..

I don't see why this couldn't be tied to Fungus casts.  If someone wants to drag Libila priests around and gross up their area with purple nonsense that can be undone with a shovel much faster than it can be created, I don't see why not.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GorgonKain said:

What do you mean? The only way you'd be able to get it on your deed, with this suggestion, is if you as the mayor allowed it. Mycelium doesn't just spawn because of altar influence. It spawns with hots kingdom influence and with the global spell(which mycelium spawning from the spell is disabled on freedom).

• Like 1

+1 it is a great idea and can be adjusted to preserve what already exists. Lib priests and followers are still somewhat crippled because the mycelium cannot exist atm on freedom servers albeit spells or benefits from standing on the tiles.

It should exist on PvE, but not spread naturally, rather like enchanted grass

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Odynn said:

mycelium dissapear on freedom since it's not within a libila based kingdom, have nothing to do with grass eating it away, it just wither on it's own.

While the idea might not be that bad, it's begging to be abused and as such will be a big NO from me.

I don't like it because of the roomba mechanic.. once you need to eat just go sit at your (ro)bot charging station tile and recharge, ez pz, 2 ez tho, eh?

6 minutes ago, Finnn said:

I don't like it because of the roomba mechanic.. once you need to eat just go sit at your (ro)bot charging station tile and recharge, ez pz, 2 ez tho, eh?

compared to without it where you just fast a few times then sacc a rare rock shard with a couple of nibbles of pizza inbetween

• Like 1

I would take Strongwall in pvpe for Libila over mycellium but i can see why people would preffer it as it would help the followers too.

I think the problem is same as with Strongwall for Libila, mycellium is hard coded on pvp servers? 

Mycelium requires HotS, or a HotS PMK, influence to grow and survive. If this is missing, the mycelium will start disappearing over time.

So with Libila being Freedom they would have to add mycellium to Freedom template kingdom right?

That could bork the white light templates and will make mycellium spread everywhere because on pve is only Freedom and it's influence will make Freedom mycellium eat everything?

So either make HoTs template available in pve  with a separate chat but common Trade with Freedom or they will have to overhaul how mycellium spreads and if at all.

I think the issue here is not that people love mycellium but because they need it to get full benefit from their follower perks just like all other deities followers.

But the problem with mycellium is that is static/limited, you have to sit on one to be able to benefit, while other deities followers just need to log in or be in their god's domain to get their perks.

So the solution would be to remove mycellium and just give the libila follower perks pasivelly, like every other follower gets them.

They already implemented corpse eating/healing on Freedom as a way to replace Absorbing mycellium why not just make all other mycellium standing based bonuses be up all time but at half the current str or just rework the libila followers bonuses completely so they dont have to sit on mycellium to get the benefit for half of them.

If they are not willing to do that just follow the trend and replace in the code, for pve servers, mycellium with a corpse.

In pvp can absorb mycellium to heal in pve can eat a corpse to heal.

So make it that if you have a corpse on the tile you sit on then you get the food and nutrition buff?

If you are tempted to say: wooa wooa overpowered! then let me just say that BL is happy to swap any of the follower's bonuses with Vyn's 10% xp 😍

Edited by Cipacadrinho
  • Like 1

I was surprised to hear Libila was added to the Freedom god lineup with mycelium completely disabled. It's a core feature of the entire playstyle, and besides, what harm is there to it being on Freedom? It can't spread outside of domain to begin with.

• Like 1

"It only spreads in domain guys!"

And once again, what exactly is stopping people from spamming altars all over the place to increase the domain and ruin people's landscapes, local, or even potential deed expansion? 

Edited by atazs