Sign in to follow this  
Kelody

NFI timeline

Can devs please give us a timeline for NFI servers?

Moometals

Rifts

Kings coffers (will this be implemented at all?)

Imbues

Missions for Karma and Sleep Bonus

It's been a month, and not 1 word on if or when anything will be turned on. I don't care if it's 6 months, a year, never, just tell us. (I do care, but not knowing is worse)

Edited by Kelody
  • Like 7

I agree, it'd be nice to know when these are planned to be turned back on, since about a month ago we were told by staff (not CAs) that the king's coffers on Harmony would be full and working 28-30 days after the map releases, but there's still nothing in them, which as it stands, just leaves people with this feeling like the feature is broken and abandoned. Particularly when you compare it alongside the fact that moonmetals were released into the economy, THEN supply of them was shut off abruptly, creating enormous benefit for those who bought them early. 

• Like 1

King's Coffers are built-in with the Deed Upkeeps and it can quickly be drained again by those who frequently use the systems that cause it to payout.
The Coffers aren't exactly a large sum to begin with and only a portion of the Upkeep is put into it every month or so, but it pays out for Foraging, Selling to Tokens, Burying Corpses, Hunting Mobs, etc;
Any instance of which you'd randomly get a coin comes from the same Coffer pool.
I've gotten one or two here and there, so it is working. The King's Coffers will accumulate more over time but the pool in which is pulls from is always non-existent to small in the beginning as the Server ages.

4 hours ago, Zera said:

King's Coffers are built-in with the Deed Upkeeps and it can quickly be drained again by those who frequently use the systems that cause it to payout.
The Coffers aren't exactly a large sum to begin with and only a portion of the Upkeep is put into it every month or so, but it pays out for Foraging, Selling to Tokens, Burying Corpses, Hunting Mobs, etc;
Any instance of which you'd randomly get a coin comes from the same Coffer pool.
I've gotten one or two here and there, so it is working. The King's Coffers will accumulate more over time but the pool in which is pulls from is always non-existent to small in the beginning as the Server ages.

You have gotten coins from the coffers on the new cluster?

Harmony sold over 500 deeds in 1 day, there should be plenty of money in the pool to fill the coffers. CA have said it resets monthly, but so far nobody has been able to use it.

I've gotten a few iron coins from praying at an altar on Harmony.  Not sure if that's from the King's Coffers or not.  None so far from foraging  or burying in the Northern Isles.

They're easily obtained on the Southern Isles, at least on Independance where my character is there.

Just to clarify, deed founding does NOT add funds into the coffers. 

We will be addressing a bug with the Kings coffers next update which should hopefully improve them. 

As for the rest though, I'm not aware of any plans to introduce them at this stage, that doesn't mean they aren't coming, just means I don't know how/when at this point. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Just to clarify, deed founding does NOT add funds into the coffers. 

We will be addressing a bug with the Kings coffers next update which should hopefully improve them. 

As for the rest though, I'm not aware of any plans to introduce them at this stage, that doesn't mean they aren't coming, just means I don't know how/when at this point. 

Please inquire about it, since the journal progression is locked behind rifts being implemented in the game.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Well better start asking around then as stuff like rifts are tied to journal goals and there are plenty of people who ask throughout the week about what rifts are and when we will see them as they want to start working towards completing stuff like that

Im still under the opinion it was a silly move to have that kinda stuff turned off in the first place 😕

• Like 1

Your player base has been asking for these things since launch so are there conversations taking place? Any news on the roadmap?

Edited by Rudie
  • Like 1

Rifts are end-game content so they won't be in anytime soon. 

We're looking at balance in bringing the others back so we will have more information about what those changes will be. 

As for the roadmap we'll share it as soon as possible!

So what your saying is
Nfi pay to play 80% of the wurm experience and play with loads of people that will disappear on you without a word leaving you completely alone
Sfi pay to play 100% of the wurm experience and play with a close knitted community of friendlies and weirdos

You really do not need to balance end game features and make them easier(something i am betting was the plan) if anything make them harder as they are far to easy once you get up there to "end game" skills in the first place
Once upon a time the unique's on jk home where no go zones for every single wurmian we would steer newbies away we respected the dragons and troll king and kyklops(not the gobbie leader) and the forest giant we knew they where death when we encountered them and many many groups tried without success to murder them until 1 group succeeded they where spectacles to enjoy and should remain so

Anyway if rifts are going to stay inactive still i guess we can start telling completionists that sorry cant complete the journal staff dont want rifts around yet if you want to complete it come play on sfi with us means maybe more people for us to play with down here(more recruits for the south) ;)

• Like 1

Because after the first idiot that tries to solo a rift with 10 FS is going to complain "waaaaaah, it's too hard", and cry for rift nerfts.

You aren't playing NFI for journal entries, you're playing NFI because you like to live in the nostalgia of a server with more than 10 people online.

While I agree there should be rifts, and I agree there should be a clear roadmap (now, not "when they feel like it), from a business perspective, it makes 100% sense to sit back, make money and continue spouting the "coming soon" nonsense.

Keep paying your subs like good little boys and girls, just let it happen.

• Like 2

On 9/10/2020 at 6:10 AM, Retrograde said:

As for the roadmap we'll share it as soon as possible!

This means absolutely nothing... Give a concrete term not something that cannot be quantified.

• Like 3

On 9/2/2020 at 4:56 AM, Kelody said:

You have gotten coins from the coffers on the new cluster?

Harmony sold over 500 deeds in 1 day, there should be plenty of money in the pool to fill the coffers. CA have said it resets monthly, but so far nobody has been able to use it.

No. To quote someone famous: "that's fake news". Token payouts, coins coming from foraging, slaying, etc is broken. As confirmed by Retrograde, on the forum for the Harmony server, in the thread "empty coffers". Fix will follow ASAP.

PS: coins from praying are coming from a different money pool. Praying for coins has been in the game much longer.

PPS: for some weird reason the thread didn't show to me Retrograde had already responded here (thread was truncated). Sorry for missing it.

Edited by Kelebeth

I have certainly had the MoI while foraging and botanizing, but all I get is the vege/herb rarified.  I took that to mean still no money paying out from coffers.  I cannot believe the coffers have no money so obviously it is the payout bit that isn't working, but this has been a known issue for some time now - it is hard to see how it could be broken for that length of time rather than disabled.  Why it would be disabled, though, is a mystery.

On 9/16/2020 at 12:48 PM, TheTrickster said:

I have certainly had the MoI while foraging and botanizing, but all I get is the vege/herb rarified.  I took that to mean still no money paying out from coffers.  I cannot believe the coffers have no money so obviously it is the payout bit that isn't working, but this has been a known issue for some time now - it is hard to see how it could be broken for that length of time rather than disabled.  Why it would be disabled, though, is a mystery.

Rarity rolls are separate to rare coins, a flat 1/100 chance per action (more results halve the chances for subsequent actions (1/200 for second, 1/300 for third) 

It's not disabled, and it's a little more nuanced than that, but deeds being founded don't add to coffers just FYI 

Any plans to disclose the weapon and armor changes on defiance?

The lack of missions for sleep bonus and coffer funds for foraging/hunting coins seems like a pretty deliberate way to push people into buying silver and sleep powders...