Sign in to follow this  
ChampagneDragon

Missions on NFI Please.

Any word on when we can get missions on the Northern Islands? Many people have skills that could easily complete some, if not all, missions. Sleep powders and beds are currently our only option to get extra sleep bonus, and I am NOT paying 3s for one sleep powder. Even in trade chat most go for 2.5s.

It's time guys.

My guess is that it would depend on the missions presented. Provide the wrong missions and the missions are then only completed by a select few people who hog all of the sleep bonus of it since no one else can complete them.

3 minutes ago, neopherus said:

Just wondering. What's wrong with just using a bed?

Pssh. If you grind 24/7 you ain't in a bed! Therefore, how are you supposed to have even more of an advantage over the casual gamers who can actually get sleep bonus! ;)

Edited by Yumi

4 minutes ago, Yumi said:

My guess is that it would depend on the missions presented. Provide the wrong missions and the missions are then only completed by a select few people who hog all of the sleep bonus of it since no one else can complete them.

thats literally never ever happened in all the years of missions being a thing, soloing a mission often takes more time than it gives you sleep bonus so people usually just do 1% of it then go back to grinding, not to mention they respawn instantly after being finished so there's always 4 missions up

1 minute ago, Yumi said:

Pssh. If you grind 24/7 you ain't in a bed! ;)

Guess that's my problem then. I need sleep IRL at times :P 

Just now, Oblivionnreaver said:

thats literally never ever happened in all the years of missions being a thing, soloing a mission often takes more time than it gives you sleep bonus so people usually just do 1% of it then go back to grinding, not to mention they respawn instantly after being finished so there's always 4 missions up

Then that's even more of a reason to wait probably since some missions will only be doable by a handful of people at this point. lol

Just now, Yumi said:

Then that's even more of a reason to wait probably since some missions will only be doable by a handful of people at this point. lol

do you have any idea how missions work? you literally start the mission and get the full bonus. like if a missions is sacc 100 things you get the same sleep bonus if you sacc'd 1 or 100. all the missions that will be done constantly are "kill generic mob thats all over the server (you can use tower guards to kill anything and get credit)", "make x amount of generic item" "sacc x of generic item at 30ql (you can mail the items to sacc)", "bring item to avatar that spawns next to deed" "chop down tree next to x deed". pretty much all the missions require no skill to do, are infinitely respawning, and aren't worth the effort to solo. Literally anyone can do them lol

• Like 1

I barely get time to play, a bed isn't even a reliable source of SB for me lol.
I cannot imagine what's like for people who play a lot.

Give missions pls.

6 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

do you have any idea how missions work? you literally start the mission and get the full bonus. like if a missions is sacc 100 things you get the same sleep bonus if you sacc'd 1 or 100. all the missions that will be done constantly are "kill generic mob thats all over the server (you can use tower guards to kill anything and get credit)", "make x amount of generic item" "sacc x of generic item at 30ql (you can mail the items to sacc)", "bring item to avatar that spawns next to deed" "chop down tree next to x deed". pretty much all the missions require no skill to do, are infinitely respawning, and aren't worth the effort to solo. Literally anyone can do them lol

I've  completed a lot of missions yes, from seal killing to making foresters hats. I very well know how they work. I've even completed some myself, making your initial comment not entirely true. The missions vary greatly as I'm sure you know. Some are really easy others are impossible. Some missions will ask for items only a 65+ fine carpenter can make for example, which are the missions I'm more specifically talking about.

Even missions that require fight skill are going to be for a select few people at the moment.

Edited by Yumi

1 minute ago, Yumi said:

I've  completed a lot of missions yes, from seal killing to making foresters hats. I very well know how they work. I've even completed some myself, making your initial comment not entirely true. The missions vary greatly as I'm sure you know. Some are really easy others are impossible. Some missions will ask for items only a 65+ fine carpenter can make for example, which are the missions I'm more specifically talking about.

So if a mission requires 65 carpentry you dont have but some do does that make those ppl hogging these missions lol? what about a missio "kill trolls" if i have solid 10 fs? what about mission that asks to donate to avatar near some deed i dont even know about but the other dude lives in it?

The hell you even talk about lol? Like oblivion said, noone sits on those missions - you did few items or whatever to get minimal contribution for your 30mins sleep and you wait for next one as there is absolutely no point to do any more

1 minute ago, Yumi said:

Some missions will ask for items only a 65+ fine carpenter can make for example, which are the missions I'm more specifically talking about.

A create mission gives like, 40 minutes of sleep bonus max. for it to be picking high diff items it'd be 5/7 or above on mission diff which means it's picking over 300 parts worth of items for the mission in total, and if its picking things that require 65+ fine carp he's not going to have a good attach rate. A crafter with 65 fine carp would more than likely be making things they can sell and buy sleep powder with instead of spending a couple of hours doing this mission by himself, or he'd just go kill a single mob/make an item for an easier mission out of the other 3 missions up, because they will get finished over time by other people. The hard mission will just sit there until it expires while people flock to the easier missions because it's a better time investment. Even on the old server the hard item craft missions often get left to expire due to nobody wanting to spend the time making them, so the "only high skill players get it" thing is irrelevant.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skatyna said:

So if a mission requires 65 carpentry you dont have but some do does that make those ppl hogging these missions lol? what about a missio "kill trolls" if i have solid 10 fs? what about mission that asks to donate to avatar near some deed i dont even know about but the other dude lives in it?

The hell you even talk about lol? Like oblivion said, noone sits on those missions - you did few items or whatever to get minimal contribution for your 30mins sleep and you wait for next one as there is absolutely no point to do any more

I didn't realise people were going to be so rude from someone having an opinion. Do you guys want a tissue? Are we able to have a conversation rather than some whinefest?

Anyway, I have seen people sit on missions before so we've clearly had different experiences with this. In the past couple of years, I've seen perhaps what you guys have experienced, but before that I didn't see it as much. I view the new servers as the time before the past couple of years. Maybe I should have more faith in people, but I don't I guess.

12 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

A create mission gives like, 40 minutes of sleep bonus max. for it to be picking high diff items it'd be 5/7 or above on mission diff which means it's picking over 300 parts worth of items for the mission in total, and if its picking things that require 65+ fine carp he's not going to have a good attach rate. A crafter with 65 fine carp would more than likely be making things they can sell and buy sleep powder with instead of spending a couple of hours doing this mission by himself, or he'd just go kill a single mob/make an item for an easier mission out of the other 3 missions up, because they will get finished over time by other people. The hard mission will just sit there until it expires while people flock to the easier missions because it's a better time investment. Even on the old server the hard item craft missions often get left to expire due to nobody wanting to spend the time making them, so the "only high skill players get it" thing is irrelevant.

Thank you for at least not attacking this time (or not as much anyway).

The main issue I see with what you bring up is that sleep powder is expensive. However, (the right) high QL items are also more expensive too so perhaps it'd balance out? Also, there's a difference here between "hard crafting items" and "items that require skill" to me (and I agree with you on the hard crafting items), sometimes they overlap, sometimes they don't, but that's how I view things anyway.

Edited by Yumi

17 minutes ago, Yumi said:

I didn't realise people were going to be so rude from someone having an opinion. Do you guys want a tissue? Are we able to have a conversation rather than some whinefest?

Anyway, I have seen people sit on missions before so we've clearly had different experiences with this. In the past couple of years, I've seen perhaps what you guys have experienced, but before that I didn't see it as much. I view the new servers as the time before the past couple of years. Maybe I should have more faith in people, but I don't I guess.

I have no intention to be rude to you, but indeed fail to see your point. Especially higher craft missions tend to fail as OR described, sometimes also because of unrealistic numbers of rarely crafted items. Soloing missions is nearly never rewarding for craft or sac missions, maybe for traitor missions, most of them failing at least on SFI. Other missions can hardly be soloed. Just recently we had 37 deers to kill on Xanadu, and it took me days to find a single one fortunately trapped in a canal tunnel :)  (at least the mission was completed, one day before elapsing).

Generally, I see the point of the suggestion, and well, also a couple of problems. In short, missions are subject of criticism on the old servers already, some fixes applied yet still far from satisfactory, maybe the devs are mulling more overhaul before releasing them in the north. On the other hand, I recall how missions prompted me to craft things I prolly would never have started without, so it can be beneficial to do so. Also, I got in contact with other players inviting me to a "give to avatar" activity. It is not always about the reward.

Edited by Ekcin

5 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

I have no intention to be rude to you, but indeed fail to see your point. Especially higher craft missions tend to fail as OR described, sometimes also because of unrealistic numbers of rarely crafted items. Soloing missions is nearly never rewarding for craft or sac missions, maybe for traitor missions, most of them failing at least on SFI. Other missions can hardly be soloed. Just recently we had 37 deers to kill on Xanadu, and it took me days to find a single one fortunately trapped in a canal tunnel :)  (at least the mission was completed, one day before elapsing).

Generally, I see the point of the suggestion, and well, also a couple of problems. On the other hand, I recall how missions prompted me to craft things I prolly would never have started without, so it can be beneficial to do so. Also, I got in contact with other players inviting me to a "give to avatar" activity. It is not always about the reward.

That's fair. If I'm wrong I'm wrong and I have no issue with that. You're not being rude at all. :) I just didn't like the automatic "you're an idiot" responses people seem to like to dish out since apparently just saying why someone's wrong isn't enough. Even then, maybe it was my brain overreacting or misreading. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Yumi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Not always 4 missions up.... Mr kill the avatar..... 

• Like 1

While I'd love missions to be turned on, as I said in my other thread, I want to know WHEN or IF they will be turned on even more. Us clamoring for forage coins and mission karma has fell on deaf ears lately. We don't even know what plans they have.

6 hours ago, ChampagneDragon said:

Sleep powders and beds are currently our only option to get extra sleep bonus

Plus the free 30 minutes per day we're getting from rite of spring every 10 days, as well as some of the earlier journal tasks which give an hour or two for pretty little effort as a one-off. That said, sure would be nice to have some 60+ fine carp missions!

Edited by Arronicus

On 8/31/2020 at 5:19 PM, Yumi said:

The irony of calling people rude then asking if they need a tissue from all of their whining...

• Like 1