Sign in to follow this  
Bai

[Investigating] Horse changes colour

I came across something very strange, i had a foal called Jackpearl it was a 3+ trait male ebony black horse, after grooming it and walking away it vanished out of my sight i tried to look for it everywhere, i wrote a ticket and the next day i got a dm to help me because i expected the horse to glitched under the map or something.
I use granger and granger informed me that it was still alive and growing up, with the help of the dm i found the horse it was nearby in my Fence, but it had a diffrent colour which is why i did not recognize it.
Somehow it was grey i have over 100 horses about 3 of them including this one are grey i usually kill them or sort them out as soon as they are old enough because i don't like the colour, I clearly remeber the Horse beeing ebony black and granger also says the same.

https://imgur.com/a/6k5jfjn

I believe you, as this has happened to me but some years ago.  I had a foal years ago that was born white, I gave it to someone and I still had events "examine" showing it as white, and listing its parents.  Sometime later someone found the same horse abandoned close to my deed, same name, exact same parents (my horses), but it had somehow switched to grey. I went through my logs and I had never had any other foal born to that set of parents except the white one that at some point, switched to grey. No other foal was ever born on my deed with that name.  I have also had occasions when a horse switched genders on me at some point; I had records before and after showing the change. I don't know to this day how these things happened. It does not seem to be a common problem. A weird database glitch I guess.

They also had a bug two years ago where they accidentally ran a script turning special colored horses back to grey. Hopefully -not- the same issue BUT Wurm tends to sometimes see old bugs resurface.  

Having your first ebony black foal is such a special thing, I can definitely feel your pain in finally recovering it only to have it now be a rather mundane grey 😕   

Which server did this happen on? If it happened on one of the new servers, it's doubly painful since ebony blacks are still super super rare there, and would be worth a lot of silvers. especially a 3-speed... oops, 2-speed.

* edit: sounds like defiance?    I would be rather upset if this was me 😕

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Checking with the devs to see if something odd is showing up in logs.