Sign in to follow this  
SolidDrake

How to mine tile right next to entrance?

I have been coming back to Wurm after a long hiatus and admittedly I am (and probably always was) a bit if a newb, so I would greatly appreciate any help from you folks!

I have started a mine, and as I mined the surface to create a mine entrance I noticed that there is a vein immediately to the right.

X | X | X

X | X | X

X | T | V

S | S | S

T = tunnel entrance

V = Vein

X = rock walls

S = surface

I am unable to mine it directly, so I am thinking if it is possible at all to reach it from another angle from which I can mine it.

Maybe I should also mention that I have put a mine door on the entrance (in case this has an impact)

Thanks for your help! :lol:

Edited by SolidDrake

You should be able to mine the V vein, if you stand on your T tile. At least this scenario works for me.

Other angle could be from the other T's. But again, mining the vein from inside the first tunnel tile should still work.

X | X | X

X | T | T

X | T | V

S | S | S

Edited by Shmeric
  • Like 1

I just noticed you are correct, thanks for the clarification.

I am considering mining down first and then straight back as to avoid widening my entrance opening. This is granted that the vein stretches vertically, which to my understanding it does?

You should be able to mine the vein if its directly in the wall of the cave entrance.

Mining it out will simply create a normal cave wall instead that cannot be mined out later. It will not break the wall. Unless you are planning to make a 2-3 wide cave entrance? 

Edited by atazs

Just now, atazs said:

You should be able to mine the vein if its directly in the wall of the cave entrance.

Mining it out will simply create a normal cave wall instead that cannot be mined out later. Unless you are planning to make a 2-3 wide cave entrance? 

Really? That's perfect in that case. Thanks!!