Sign in to follow this  
Ekcin

Mouse issues

I sometimes have troubles with mouse response when clicking. This mostly happens when activating stuff where I sometimes have to click 3 or more times to get something activated.

Those cases are not as bad, but e.g. during fishing, when casting a line, a click too much results in reeling in, aborting the fishing, while a failed click results in not casting at all. I observed that none of these effects took place when using the notebook's mouse pad button (which is not always practical). The problems mostly occur during lag or low FPS. Any advices to tweak mouse values, be it in OS (linux) or settings?

Sounds to me that just the mouse issue itself. I had similar issues few times.. once it was the mouse button itself.. other time it was wireless mouse and the batteries on the mouse must have discharged to a point to cause it. replacing them fixed the issue

Edited by Skatyna
  • Like 2

thanks, shall try that (though I replaced batteries short ago). Trying a wired one if issues persist.

Sounds like you need a new mouse. I had these issues before where clicking would result irregular results sometimes click gives me a double or triple click , making navigating UI a pain. 

Playing Wurm over the years have claimed at least 2 deathadders for me.

The way i confirmed this is playing any shooter game and shoot a semi auto gun, click once if the guns shoots 2 or 3 times then its time to replace your mouse.

Thanks for all the answers. It seems, though, that the problems are lag/latency related, the USB driver stack being more susceptible to timing issues than the kernel touchpad driver and the synaptics driver on top.

I have these problems too and nothing is wrong with the mouse itself. Playning on Xanadu, maybe it's worse there as with everything lag related. Maybe tuning the double click parameters in Windows could help.