Sign in to follow this  
Bloodreina

[PLEASE CLOSE] Giving away my deeds (two tiny private islands) and goods (including rare strange bone)

[PLEASE CLOSE] Taking some time to rethink all of this; people can still PM me on discord though if they really like one of the deeds and plan to actually develop it if they get it; but I won't give them away just to be disbanded for upkeep money.

Hey everyone! First of all I want to apologize for spamming the forum with my threads, but I promise that this is the very last one you'll see from me (at least outside WU section).

I start playing Wurm Online when the NFI cluster was launched and it didn't take long 'till I totally fall in love with it; it was an absolutely amazing month and that finding WO was by far the best of thing that happened to me this year. However, it seems that I don't have as much self control as I thought and hoped I have, so it end up turning in some sort of addiction and taking more and more of my time (an average of four hours per day) and masking me miss out on real life activities. That's why I decided it would be best for me to quit playing WO (and switch to WU where I can set my own pace) - it is the best game I ever played, but I'm not mature enough to maintain a healthy relation with it, so I'll switch to Wurm Unlimited. :P

But since I spent quite a bit of time, money and sentiments into my time here I wouldn't want to just let them rot away. I know it's not allowed to sell anything for monetary value to recoup our costs, so I thought that instead of letting the deeds disband by lack of upkeep, the animals die away of hunger and the things slowly crumble to dust, I should better give them away to someone who could put them to a good use.

Deed one, located on Melody, on the border of K10 and K11 quadrants (private island).

It is a small private island, cleared 'till the rock layer (I did that planning to raise a few more tiles of rock out of water with concrete and enlarge it), which has various ql veins (up to utmost) of copper, iron, lead and sandstone  - https://warlander.github.io/DeedPlanner-3-web/?map=https%3A%2F%2Fpastebin.com%2FHEbG4MSj

It comes with 16 horses (8 named, 6 pregnant) with various traits and colors. It also comes with a house with a bed, a flooring loom, night bsbs (six filled with the sand/dirt that I got from uncovering the rock layer and three filled with a lot of other gathered resources, enough to get any new player started), a filled fsb, a large cart with a couple of rafts, a forge, a vynora altar and a full set of crafted tools, weapons and armor (low ql though).

Deed two, located on Cadence, on the bottom right part of the S13 quadrant (private island).

It is a small, yet bit larger private island, untouched by man's hand. It has above ground rock layer and two clay patches - https://warlander.github.io/DeedPlanner-3-web/?map=https%3A%2F%2Fpastebin.com%2FJxAwHvG9

Extra

I have a rare strange bone (with a very reputable buyer offering 25 silver for it), a finished rowboat, and a sailboat and corbita in construction.

This is not a sale or auction so please do not make me any silver offers since I would have no use for them. Just tell me why you want them and what you'd do with them and if any story convinces me you can have them for free. You can replay here, you can send me a PM here on forums, but best is to contact me directly on Discord on Bloodreina#8570

Obviously, I reserve myself the right that if no story convinces me, to not give them away at all.

Edited by Bloodreina

Bloodreina do me a favour please .)

hold on to these 2 deeds untill you tested out WU a while

Wu and Wo aint the same so take your time to test WU out before you give away your two places WO. 

Regards

Dessie 

I'm well aware that WU can be quite different than WO and things may not feel the same without the awesome community that we have on Melody.

However, me liking or not liking WU would only affect the idea of me playing or not playing WU.

Returning to WO is not really an option, because the problem was never that I didn't liked it enough and I was looking for something better, but on the opposite, that I liked it too much and I started to develop an addiction, not being able to control my playtime, and ending spending way more time in game than I would have wanted.

Edited by Bloodreina

And setting time to play on steam doesnt help you? 

Or its too easy to tell brother to change it again?

What make you think you wont stay on at WU same as WO?

Well, as I explained in another post the problem resides from two reasons:

- on one hand, is the feeling of missing out... I feel that I have to log daily to make sure things don't decay, to tend my fields, to groom my horses, to try to gather fruits when in season
- on the other hand is the feeling of "competition"... when you see everyone around you skilling up masonry and building nice houses, while you still sleep in a wooden shack it makes you feel... dunno... not good

WU, at lest in theory, shouldn't have any of these problems... nothing happens while I'm offline so I'm not missing out and I'm all alone so there's no "competition" that I can feel I'm "loosing"... now if this will stand true or not, I have no idea, guess only time can/will tell...

ok :)

I wish you GL where-ever you go .)

but still hold on too the deeds untill you really sure WU is for you 

Will miss you on WO and hope you have a great time if you leave for WU.

5 minutes ago, Bloodreina said:

*hugs*

*hugs*  back 

i want your two deeds and all you have. 

What i would do? hmm, honestly.. most likely would disband them to recoup upkeep silvers, would slay off horses for some weapon skill gain, defo would sell the rare bone for 30s more, would give away a boat to anybody as its not really much use of the rowboat anyways.

I guess not the best scenario you would expect, but least im honest :D

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

As someone who says they barely have any time to play, got addicted, neglected IRL etc... it really makes me wonder why you even made two deeds. Sounds like you overextended yourself way too much. 

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

9 minutes ago, atazs said:

As someone who says they barely have any time to play, got addicted, neglected IRL etc... it really makes me wonder why you even made two deeds. Sounds like you overextended yourself way too much. 

I feel a bit sad that my act of kindness wanting to give things away instead of abandoning them, turned in being judged and being asked to give explanations for my decisions, but, anyway...

As said in the OP, the second deed was meant for an eventual future project if I would have ever completed my first island and I haven't done any work on it. It was on a different server, on which I was for just about one hour - placed the deed, deposited upkeep for a few months, returned on my own deed and stayed here.

20 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

but least im honest :D

Proberly the only one post about it to her that will be :)

• Like 1

I was reading your journal just the other day! I applaud your efforts to keep yourself accountable and not waste your work, but are you sure you really want to give them away? Setting yourself a hard limit like only playing during SB time (with a bed logout every night) or recruiting some fresh hands in to help expand your deed and crow it as a community might be a better way forward for you than just giving it all up.

Either way, your journal thread was a pleasure to read, and it'll be sad to see you depart for more singleplayer shores.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ephemeral said:

might be a better way forward for you than just giving it all up.

One way is, sell the bone and all the other stuff that is good to sell

travel over to cade and resize that deed to smallest one able, then disband it and get the money back that is in the coffer 

sit down the time it take to disband, dont leave server untill you got the money from it (or you wont get them) 

Then travel back to mel and do same thing , resize to smallest size ( after you sold your animals and stuff)

Let the money you manage to get from material, animal, boats and other stuff stay in your bank.

And one day when you feel rdy to log in again and stay the time ingame you prefer and manage 

then you got some money to start with and the character you like to play with :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bloodreina said:

I feel a bit sad that my act of kindness wanting to give things away instead of abandoning them, turned in being judged and being asked to give explanations for my decisions, but, anyway...

As said in the OP, the second deed was meant for an eventual future project if I would have ever completed my first island and I haven't done any work on it. It was on a different server, on which I was for just about one hour - placed the deed, deposited upkeep for a few months, returned on my own deed and stayed here.

I do not think anyone is judging you. Many liked your posts a lot and are sad that you are leaving. See it as the affection and respect you earned in the community even if not everyone found the right wording.

Anyway, it is clear that RL takes priority. Take care and be well whereever, and I think many here hope you'll come back some day.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ekcin said:

Anyway, it is clear that RL takes priority. Take care and be well whereever, and I think many here hope you'll come back some day.

*hugs*

• Like 1