Sign in to follow this  
Syirian

Guards don't respond - new players get killed

I thought that the guards sitting in caves do responds on call "help"/"guards!" but they won't.

The other day I've meet a new player chased by some mobs around a guard tower, he soon died, but 2 guards were just standing few tiles near him, when other 3 were hiding in nearby cave.

Please!!

https://imgur.com/a/ZozBjqY

Edited by Syirian
link fix

14 minutes ago, griper said:

its "guards!"

not "guards"

Doesnt matter guards in caves wont listen regardless as they bug out when they enter a cave and it needs fixing

On 8/29/2020 at 12:42 PM, griper said:

its "guards!"

not "guards"

Yes and it doesn't fix the problem.

I reckon the problem in your case was the caves into which guards slipped, and never can come out. On surface, guards should not be blocked by any structures, but I observed them to be (especially at bridges) sometimes. A mistake often made by players (not in the case displayed, but I made it frequently) is targeting the wrong mob. The guards will attempt to go onto the mob in target which might not be the one recently attacking. This is giving the false impression that guards are not responding to a guards! or help call. Other than those possibilities, there may be a bug.

Guards (on deed tower, on the mountainside where there is a mine underneath with a minedoor a few tiles away from the tower) still keep getting into the mine and they never leave to any call neither answer if called on monsters in the cave where they are. Only workaround so far is to kill all of them every few days which is quite ridicoulus.

EDIT:

case1 - guards in mine mob outside: they respond in chat but do nothing

case2 - guards and mob in the mine: No guards respond.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

Guards only work on surface been so forever, I do not see it as a bug. Put a mine door on the entrance to fix the problem with guards getting trapped. Your target also need to be near the tower on surface to come, guards can roam far away from tower outside its range of 20 tiles.