Sign in to follow this  
Batta

EXPIRED SERVER - Sitheil PVE, 3x/4x, 4K custom map, whiteList

We have rebooted with a brand new map and new settings & rules.  Please make sure to read our website before you apply to play.  http://SitheilWU.enjin.com   Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sitheil is intended for mature, tidy, cooperative players who understand the importance of rules in any game.

Think of Wurm and its mods and rules as a deck of cards: we shuffle it our own particular way to create a game that appeals to a certain type of player and not to others. If you object to anything about the way we have set this “Sitheil” game up, then you are on the wrong server.

WHITELIST:  For the first several weeks (at least), the server will be open only to players who are on our whiteList. If you have played with us before, or if you have read through our Rules and love the way we do things, then you are welcome to send Batta a PM on Discord to apply to be added.  

Our players all naturally share the same play style: they always avoid littering, never leave corpses or tree trunks behind, take only the minimum that they need from public areas, confine their mining to on-deed only, respect other people’s space, and do their best to be an unobtrusive neighbour. 

If you think you’d be a good match for this server, please consider the following before you apply: 
- You must understand, agree with, and be able to follow all our RULES (see website) all the time with no excuses 
- You must follow the Minimum Pricing schedule found on the PRICING tab (see website), for every single transaction 
- You must join our DISCORD channel so you can check there for updates and news  

If this all sounds great to you, and you are looking to join a small community of good people with very strict rules, please send Batta a PM to apply for our whiteList.   http://SitheilWU.enjin.com 

MAP:  http://redirect.pingperfecthosting.com/237032/map/

Edited by Batta
added map link

[outdated info from previous incarnation of this server]

Edited by Batta

Awful experience.
Played less than 30 minutes.

[22:40:28] <System> This is your Global Kingdom Chat. 
[22:40:28] <System> You can disable receiving these messages, by a setting in your profile.
[23:28:40] <Tawny> Hello Arakawa
[23:31:28] <Arakawa> hello
[23:34:59] <Arakawa> are there requirements to be met before being allowed to leave starter town?
[23:37:08] <Tawny> The number one requirement is to read the rules. That will explain the rest.
[23:37:58] <Tawny> This is not a good server if you don't like the rules or you don't plan to follow them 100% of the time.
[23:38:56] <Tawny> Are you new to Wurm?
[23:42:07] <Arakawa> no. returning. Wurm is more a winter game for me. Was trying to the basic turtorials and got stuck at digging. Realized I could become a citizen of the town and now Im g2g. I see the mission to build
[23:42:15] <Arakawa> a guard tower
[23:42:41] <Tawny> That tells me that you haven't read the rules.
[23:42:46] <Arakawa> ....
[23:44:41] <Tawny> Have you read the rules all the way through, and do you agree to follow them 100% of the time?
[23:45:28] <Arakawa> I wonder if you're a bot. I just said I read the rules about making the guard tower to be able to leave the starter town.
[23:45:50] <Arakawa> and of course I'll follow the rules
[23:46:40] <Tawny> I'm going to make a judgment and say this isn't the right server for you. Thanks for checking us out.  You might enjoy Calysto a lot more.
[23:47:12] <Arakawa> I'd rather not talk to you. Just trying some relaxation. Not to be berated.
[23:47:40] <Tawny> You are not a good match for this server. We wish you the best somewhere else.
[23:48:07] <Arakawa> I dont understand why you're being hostile
[23:48:35] <Tawny> Honestly, try Calysto. It's awesome. And there are very few rules.
[23:50:10] <Arakawa> There's nothing wrong following the rules here. I'm good. Please stop so I can enjoy playing (within the rules)

Immediately banned. Ashamed I voted for this server.

6 minutes ago, Blunt_Zephyr said:

Immediately banned. Ashamed I voted for this server.

We think you'll be much happier on a server that doesn't have such strict rules as Sitheil does. Reading the rules (not just skimming to get the gist) is literally the very first thing we ask players to do before they play. You might also note that not arguing with the GM is specifically mentioned in the rules. Anyway, we have no animosity toward you. Most players aren't a great match for this server, really only those who like the rules and understand why they are important. We wish you well, and hope you find a server that matches your playstyle better.  

• Like 1

I had no clue the person was a GM nor did they give a hint they were. I read the rules, have no problem following them. Answered my own question (how to leave the starter city) but was already judged.

I'd rather go find a server where the GM's dont power-trip.

• Like 1

Just FYI, for anyone considering joining us on Sitheil:  there is, of course, no mission to build a guard tower in order to be able to leave the spawn town.  🙂  We are quite serious about the rules, though.  This is a little haven for those who like our particular way of doing things.  If you don't, then we would be happy to recommend other great servers you might like.

Hi There,     

I wanted to leave a post here because it is very often we only remember to review places when we have a bad experience, and not to give positive feedback where it is due. Firstly this is a server that does strictly follow its rules you want to read them before you consider it. If it is to restrictive to you and you come anyway you were warned. I found that most of these rules are rules that all servers should have but no one was around to make sure they got enforced. This server makes sure sure that they are enforced. Some prime examples of what does not happen here. There are no junk piles all over, deforestations all over the place, and you wont log on to find holes all over in your area mined or dug.

That was kind of the the scare you off paragraph if you want to be able to do whatever you want when you want. If one likes the style of play that stems from those rules it is a great community. The economy is controlled but money is not hard to get and the starter town is a amazing place to be locked in until you finish your starter quest. Where else do you get to free rent a cabin in the starter town. That's right this is a custom experience server the owner takes the time to set you up in your own cabin. Public mine with dungeon spawners to train. Very interesting mods enabled to make for a overall great experience. I would recommend this server 100% I enjoyed my time here and am looking forward to any new projects the server owner starts in the future.

Edited by Aaddil
  • Like 2

On 2/2/2021 at 7:40 AM, Aaddil said:

the starter town is a amazing place to be locked in until you finish your starter quest.

Where else do you get to free rent a cabin in the starter town. 

With the reboot, players no longer get locked in and there is no starter quest. Instead, we have a screening process that begins with the whiteList and continues with a set of questions in Spawntown.  If you answer the questions correctly (mostly just choosing "I agree" or not) then you get ported to a very nice campsite where you can stay while you build up coin for deeding.

Now changed from 1x/4x to 3x/4x - faster skill gain but same timers. We'll try this out for awhile and see if we like it.

Edited by Batta

is there a website that actually works where rules are listed ?
..just currious what "strict rules" cover 😉

This is a very old listing, from 3 years ago. This server no longer exists.

The website went down when Enjin stopped hosting websites this Spring.

That's a different one. Most of our servers are "Sitheil" something. The next one, starting in late Summer, will be Sitheil Mountain. 

On 8/28/2020 at 6:06 PM, Batta said:

Our players all naturally share the same play style: they always avoid littering, never leave corpses or tree trunks behind, take only the minimum that they need from public areas, confine their mining to on-deed only, respect other people’s space, and do their best to be an unobtrusive neighbour. 

As for the rules for my servers, this quote from the listing above summarizes most of them. The words "always" and "never" define the level of strictness we apply to our rules. Most players won't like my servers, but those who already want to play this way usually are very happy to find it.

I would just call that "respectful gaming" 😉
Though I don't always do it all in detail, it's a good guideline on how to act.

Bounty for bury corpses and dig-up-treestomp feature gives a good reason for ppl to keep places clean. (treestomps are good fuel if not used for magic mushrooms 😉 )

• Like 1