Sign in to follow this  
Wurmfarm

Hitching post in mines. Animals Dissapear.

I had 3 Bison attached to hitching post in a mine. When i came to retrieve them only the venerable was visible.

I did not know at the time that i had 3 hitched when i unhitched all it stated that 3 were unhitched. I searched above the mine immediately and no trace of them.

Put in a support ticket and Pomona came and could not find any trace of the Bison not even in the hidden realm.

[18:21:41] Old sheep is no longer tied off to a hitching post.
[18:21:41] Aged ram is no longer tied off to a hitching post.
[18:21:41] Aged ram is no longer tied off to a hitching post.
[18:21:57] You start leading an aged ram.
[18:21:58] You start leading an old sheep.
[18:22:16] You stop leading an old sheep.

also had  few of hitching post that animals vanished only few visible

when unhitch says there 3 unhitch but only 2 visible

Thank you for adding your experience with this tricky little bug, Deskjet. We are aware of the issue.

I'm currently having this issue on a very regular basis: 

I have 10 hitching posts in a mine,  on deed, all with pigs and hens hitched to them. Regularly, several of the hitched creatures vanish, and are not visible on re-logging, or the next day, or for other players.

The position that the creatures vanish on the hitching post is not consistent, occurring in any of the 3 hitched positions. The type of creature affected also seems inconsistent, I've had it happen to pigs, hens, even horses. 

When a creature vanishes, a new creature cannot be hitched to the post, as it says all 3 slots are occupied.

Further, vanished creatures lose fat levels from not eating: All the creatures on my hitching posts are fat. When a creature has been invisible for a few days (again, I've had this bug occur a good 15? times at least in the past 2 weeks), and I unhitch all creatures from the hitching post, the invisible creature is typically no longer fat. 

Additionally, unhitching the invisible creature does not make it immediate reappear, though I suspect they might eventually? It's hard to say.