Sign in to follow this  
Sindusk

Requesting Clarification of Skill Without Resistance WSA

So, if I'm reading this correctly:

• The standard shield training method of targeting a creature, having it attack you, then targeting a far away creature that you cannot hit, is no longer acceptable?
  • Using a low QL weapon where you do not deal damage to a barded horse or tough creature is no longer acceptable?
  • Overwriting the combat action with a non-hostile one to prevent yourself from attacking the creature for the duration of the action is no longer acceptable?

From what it sounds like, in any scenario where you do not deal damage to the creature OR the creature does not deal damage to you, it is considered a bannable exploit?

• Like 3

Is this the obligatory weekend Wurm dumpster fire?

What sort of PvP shenanigans have brought this on?

33 minutes ago, Beanbag said:

Is this the obligatory weekend Wurm dumpster fire?

What sort of PvP shenanigans have brought this on?

Most likely the usual pen animals and stand on the correct spot to grind shield training that another newer group of players didnt know about and spotted and thus whined about and bitched about to get it "fixed" and people jumping the gun before looking at what is and isnt okay(kind happens when half your rules are unwritten or outdated)

There are a few more ways to grind besides this that when done properly lead to great ways to grind really quickly but require specific mobs i guess those mobs are now even more useless to even look out for

I just hope we get devs to focus on fixing shield skill gain instead of destroying mechanics with more complex mechanics when the fix is a simple change(priest links and now saccing :( )

Much more clear, thanks!

Edited by LionIX

2 hours ago, Sindusk said:

So, if I'm reading this correctly:

• The standard shield training method of targeting a creature, having it attack you, then targeting a far away creature that you cannot hit, is no longer acceptable?
  • Using a low QL weapon where you do not deal damage to a barded horse or tough creature is no longer acceptable?
  • Overwriting the combat action with a non-hostile one to prevent yourself from attacking the creature for the duration of the action is no longer acceptable?

From what it sounds like, in any scenario where you do not deal damage to the creature OR the creature does not deal damage to you, it is considered a bannable exploit?

the first and second sound fine, the third... is likely fine but do nto take htis as final say on that one yet.  I will work on clarification (with or without my typographically incorrect words)

• Like 3

@EnkiI know it is a bit offtopic, but rule clarification threads are very important, could we have a separate forum section, heavily moderated, for them, so they will not drown in the ocean of other threads? Like "Courthouse" forum section? 

2 minutes ago, Enki said:

I have updated the WSA to be clear'er' 

Hope it helps.

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/168510-wurm-service-announcements/&do=findComment&comment=1807907

Platyna...  can't say I understand.  Any important rules and updates will always be in the GM Hall. Oh, you mean discussion on them... ehh.... will let the team think on it.

Well it is easy to grade importance; anything that can get you banned is important, for example my clarification request for highway work was important and it is not in GM hall. We should have a place to place petitions for rulings such as rule clarifications. Yes, think about it please. 

Edited by Platyna
  • Like 1