Sign in to follow this  
Ostentatio

Changes to favor gain from sacrificing

Also if there are concerns on PVP side - keep the current sacc timer with enemies in local

• Like 2

It's already been said, but to reiterate: please don't make any changes like this, it sounds massively over complicated. 

And would this "pool" be a hidden pool? Would it be another faith-style bar? Either way, I don't like the sound of it.

None of this is needed. Reduce the sacrifice timer to 10s , better invest your time in pvp bugs or other skills that have no use.

Or just make sacrificing a 5 second timer instead of 30 sec. 

Also allow 'get price' on a stack of items so you know exactly the favor of a bunch of items.

Allow 'get price' in a container, so that you can do it in the altar instead of in inventory.

Edited by warrior
  • Like 7

LOL. Why would you just not lower the sac timer easy Qol change. Nothing else is needed. Nice of you guys to have the discussion. If you think people are sacing too much for cast just lower cast cost for spells you think people casting a lot.....Big bairn moves quick and easy.

• Like 1

yeah sounds like overcomplicating it and i don't like it. Much simpler and more effective solutions have been proposed in the thread...

Reminds me of a math test in school.  I looked it the problem, quickly solved it in my head and wrote down the correct answer.  Teacher graded it wrong.  I asked why and she said "you didn't use this complex formula to solve the problem - that is the right way to get the answer".  I dropped out of school shortly after that.

Thank you for at least sharing with us this concept for change before deploying it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Muse said:

My immediate response to this is NO!

One of the highest favour spells is Summon Soul:

• Often needed in an emergency
  • Often needed to help new players
  • Often needs immediate favour obtained from saccing
  • Sometimes needs multiple priests, but
  • Often cast by a lone priest
  • Takes 100 favour (all your favour)
  • Can fail requiring further favour saccing

Please don't make priests wait to cast this spell in emergencies, possibly fail and then wait again

Please don't make players (especially new or vulnerable players) wait in sometimes difficult situations while the priest waits for favour regen.

For example: This spell was needed urgently multiple times at this summer's impalong for example

Also consider other time-critical spells such as healing spells, please don't make players wait for enough favour to cast these either.

Probably in this case you would sac something then drain a gem. The saccing would mean if you fail you get favor back very quickly for a short duration. The gem would put you up at 100. This would actually result in being able to get this spell off more times in quick succession more easily than you could under the current system.

Edited by TheInnkeeper

2 hours ago, TheInnkeeper said:

Probably in this case you would sac something then drain a gem. The saccing would mean if you fail you get favor back very quickly for a short duration. The gem would put you up at 100. This would actually result in being able to get this spell off more times in quick succession more easily than you could under the current system.

Gems will not let you hit 100, you end up at 99.xx and can't use the gem again. and regen from 99.11 takes many ticks.

I both like and dislike this idea. As someone that casts LT (100 favor) frequently, not having to worry about failure regen or over saccing favor is a good idea. But saccing enough to get from 10 to 90 to minimize downtime sounds like way over saccing.

When I heard the news that devs would look into saccing and favor regen, I was hesitantly optimistic. I had expected a system to augment the current system, an alternative to throwing stacks of items away. This is completely disappointing.

Also for the love of Fo just fix that sac action queue with casting. Cast, cast, sac, cast, cast, sac... For high ML not that big of a problem as game is designed, I don't even mind potential favour wasted buy oversacing, I don't understand why it was changed that sac breaks queue(some pvp nonsence if iirc that ruined priests on pve for years). Only thing that i like in OP is that extra pool for favour overfill on condition that is visible how much favour you have at disposale not some hidden cap, but if i sac something i except to have favour available right away not to wait for favour regen.

I like proposal where your cap is 3x the faith but can use max of faith in one go..

• Like 1

First of all this seems to require nearly 10 times more saccing when needing to get to max favor fast, and then probably wasting two thirds of the theoretically pooled favor, or more due to overflow of the pool buffer so it will never provide extra favor gain over time. Additionally the pool is emptied even unused. A rough estimate would be that 3-5 times more saccing mat would be necessary.

For newer priests with limited gem stocks this will be even worse.

Sorry, not a good idea.

Enchanters definitely need some QOL changes or buffs after the huge nerfs but this just sounds worse than it is now.

Here's a combo of a few ideas.

Altars act as batteries and hold favor in a pool, with the maximum amount possibly scaling off of their quality. Items sacrificed into an altar add favor to this pool, which can either be instant or over time. A nearby priest can use an action to link themselves to the altar, which fills a priest's favor to their maximum amount as long as they remain near it. Favor can be siphoned off of the altar pool into gems for use out in the field. You could always reduce priest favor regen slightly when outside the influence of their specific god if you wanted, shifting more emphasis onto gems for roaming.

• Like 2

this is by far the worst suggestion ive ever seen... overcomplicating it to the 10th power.... use the kiss method (keep it simple stupid)   

simple solutions:

1) reduce sac timer

2) reduce enchant spells favor cost and sacced items favor value to match

3) dont mess with it, because your going to make it 100x worse than it already is GARUNTEED!

Edited by Evilreaper

What if they add to all priests a spell called Magical Rod that they can use to fish with and everytime they catch a fish they get fishing and channeling skill too. This way you fix 2 things with 1 spell:)

Just make crafterpriests

So ppl could be just crafter or just priest for cheaper prem or can be a crafterpriest on same toon but the prem would be 50% more expensive to offset the premium numbers drop.

Then do the Magical Rod channeling and fishing grind 😂

I can see this working if sacing mobs is increased to give a lot more favor, as well as making it so farm animals can be sacced without missions

Edited by IllusiveEn

On 8/28/2020 at 3:27 AM, SmeJack said:

Sounds convoluted to me, just taking something simple and overcomplicating it.

They've done a good job with fishing and cooki-

Oh wait... 

This whole change sounds terrible and unneeded.

First off, sacracifing did not take a long time, and reading this post, it sounds like it will actually take longer for you to get the favor that you want for casts and you will spend time doing... nothing but waiting? 

Second, why and what do the devs care if favor is being wasted by the players or not? It's the players problem, and quite frankly, it's really not that big of a deal.

Also, again, what and why do the devs care so much about players spending a lot of time on sacraficing? Have people been complaining about it or what? Because i have not heard of anyone moaning about it taking too long. And if it does take too long, then just reduce the timer on it for crying out loud. 

This wouldn't be so terribly bad if favor items were balanced and even normal, regular items gave more favor so you wouldn't have to spam the two same things all the time: chopped veggies and locks.

Either that or simply get rid of the crafting penalties for priests so we can do stuff with them while waiting. Maybe then i can see this change being "okay" 

Edited by atazs

Just reduce the sacrafice timer

You will either be staring at a timer, or staring at the screen waiting for your favor bar to fill up anyway.

And if you don't want people wasting favor, then make it so that when you examine the altar, you get a message saying something like "You think the contents will generate you XX faith" with XX being a rough estimate, depending on your prayer skill. 

What even is the point of this?? 

Edited by atazs

On 8/28/2020 at 11:17 AM, Cipacadrinho said:

This would be bad because of 2 reasons:

- ppl play to chill not do maths noone wants to have to sit and calculate how much favor they will receive in 40seconds from the moment they sac 15 onions:)

- real life interruptions: i sac something then get ready to cast but am interrupted by a real life emergency.. when i come back 15m alter is all the extra favor drained down?

So i think increasing the favor pool cap is the right ideea because then ppl can fill it then pop sb and cast rather than cast sac cast on sb like now.

But is really important that the player knows exactly how much favor will get and dont make it incremental it would be a nightmare to keep track of and also to explain to a newbie:)

This exactly.

If i do casting, i really don't care enough that i wasted maybe 10-20 favor by saccing too much, i just dump whatever i think is needed and play around with it after if i find that it's too much. I want to relax and get things done, not do complex math and calculating the exact needed so i dont waste some little faith.

• Like 1

Why do you use such a complicated solution for such a simple problem? Ever heard of the KISS-principle?

Here's a way to achieve your goals while keeping the system simple:

Give every priest an overflow favor pool to whatever max you deem acceptable. When a priest sacs stuff any overflow favor goes into that pool. Casting a spell only takes favor from your normal favor pool (so no casting spells that require more than your max favor). If your favor drops below  your max while there is favor in the overflow pool then it is automatically moved to your favor pool, topping it off.

Thus you do one big sac, then cast a few spells, then another big sac. This is both simple and encourages active gameplay, while removing the current issue with saccing that the system in the OP is supposed to address.

• Like 1

just as silly really when theres several actual simple solutions already presented

• Like 1

Update:

We've received a lot of good feedback in this thread, and as the thread appears to have run its course, it will now be locked.

Several valid concerns were raised with the proposed changes, so we'll definitely be making some adjustments to them. We promise that these concerns will absolutely be taken into consideration prior to any changes actually being implemented.

• Like 6

Update (again):

Since there have been a lot of questions regarding how this feature will be implemented, we've decided to give some further details before it goes live:

• Sacrificing items will still give you as much favor as possible when the item is sacrificed.
  • Any sacrificed item favor that would overflow your favor bar will be put into a pool of pending favor, which will function as described in the first post in this thread.
  • Pending favor will not regenerate current favor while you are in combat, in order to prevent this feature from negatively affecting PvP.

In other words, you will still get favor instantly, and only the amount that would now be wasted will go into the "pending favor" pool and be given back to you over time. For example, if you have 70 Favor out of 90 maximum, and sacrifice 120 Favor of items, you will received 20 Favor immediately to max out your current Favor, with the remaining 100 going into the "pending" pool and being given to your character gradually.

• Like 7