Oblivionnreaver

Shield bashing changes in pve

Posted (edited)

Some changes to shield bashing to make it more bearable to grind without abusing alts in pvp lands

- Make it so that a mob being stunned does not interrupt your shield bash. If anything it being stunned already should make it easier to shield bash

- Reduce/remove the cooldown, but make it so you can only stun once per 30 seconds, any shield bashes in that time will just be shrugged off but still give skillgain

- Reduce the difficulty for passive/weaker mobs. At 1 skill it's extremely hard to actually hit shield bashes unless you starve a mob down to near-death. You could also make it so failed shield bashes have a chance to give skillgain until 20ish skill too.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 5

Is there any skill difficulty to shield bashing in Pve? I mean does succesfully bashing a troll give more skill than bashing a sheep?

Asking the real questions here, so many years playing and I got only 50 shield bashing.

8 minutes ago, elentari said:

Is there any skill difficulty to shield bashing in Pve? I mean does succesfully bashing a troll give more skill than bashing a sheep?

Asking the real questions here, so many years playing and I got only 50 shield bashing.

I don't fight sheep so really can't compare but it does seem to me that trolls give the better skill gains all around compared to other lesser agros. I have no real data to prove that though. Could be my bias as I really do like fighting trolls. lol

10 minutes ago, elentari said:

based on mob body control and fat layers, trolls are low body control and dont gain fat layers well dur to being carnivores so theyre actually pretty easy to bash

works like other skills if you succeed by too much no gain